So, which one of them is your type?"
are you worried

classic i love it
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-20, 04:19   Link #122
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
If Nikaidou looked 43, this young lady could be her grandma or great-grandma. (I don't think it's a teacher. In a previous scene she is sitting face front two rows ahead on Sou's right.)
ahah, yeah, she wasn't a teacher, she was sitting on a desk. She made quite the expression there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's the opposite for me. It creeps me out more than in series that bill themselves as fanservice series.
It doesn't creep me out (yet), but I admit I wasn't expecting at all so .. yeah. I'm still on the fence about that and generally how the girls will be shaped out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It didn't occur to me during this episode in particular but I've felt Sou will pitch for quite some time now. His father is strongly implied to have been Meisei's ace back in the day, and Sou was apparently good enough to be on par with Tou when they were kids. There was also that small scene in a previous episode where he practiced pitching with a towel.
I'm not familiar at all with baseball, so about that I'm wondering how much would benefit have two fantastic pitchers instead of only one and a very good catcher. But probably it's a pointless question, since Sou could play both roles given the nature of the game. So probably he could be a stand out back-up pitcher if Tou should be injured at some point in the story.

Good catch about him practicing, I wonder how much really impacted him giving up to be a pitcher, I remember even his father never played with him.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-20, 05:10   Link #123
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The thing is, you need more than one pitcher. Even in high school were coaches notoriously abuse pitchers with overuse, one kid can't pitch every game. The equation with Sou pitching is that you lack his presence as a catcher, where he would make every other potential pitcher that much better.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-20, 07:47   Link #124
Arya

Thanks Guardian Enzo. For some reason I couldn't do the basic math ... of course he can't play both.
So, going a bit off topic here, technically speaking, having two outstanding pitchers is better than having one pitcher and a catcher, both outstanding? and how relevant is a catcher in baseball?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2019-05-20, 07:56   Link #125
ditn

probably the most or second most important role in the team
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-20, 08:19   Link #126
moridin84
Custom User Title

The problem is that Sou hasn't been practicing pitching like Tou has.

It would be absurd for him to be a super pitcher as good as Tou when he's been concentrating on catching for the entire time.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-20, 08:38   Link #127
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditn View Post
probably the most or second most important role in the team
I kinda suspected it, but I really can't tell. Never watched Baseball, except for CG

Old 2019-05-20, 10:59   Link #128
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The problem is that Sou hasn't been practicing pitching like Tou has.

It would be absurd for him to be a super pitcher as good as Tou when he's been concentrating on catching for the entire time.
He'll definitely need to train, and I'm thinking he'll have a good incentive.

The problem is indeed finding a good enough catcher to replace him. Nishimura's team is already having a hard time.
Old 2019-05-20, 11:05   Link #129
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Plot twist: Tou has been secretly training to be a catcher so he can give his brother a chance.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-21, 00:58   Link #130
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Ask yourself this based on what you've seen from Souichirou so far - does he seem like the type of guy who would willingly stand aside for Touma unless Touma were clearly the better pitcher?

There's no reason in theory Sou can't be a full-time catcher and occasional pitcher. The question Ooyama would need to ask is if the team is better with Sou pitching and someone else catching him, or one of the also-ran pitchers and Sou catching him. At the HS level a really good catcher can make a huge difference in a pitcher's effectiveness.
Old 2019-05-21, 04:43   Link #131
Ulin

But you know that all this sport manga always seems to believe that pitcher is almost the only important position... where the catcher is as important or even more
I guess it is like having a football manga with a defense or goalkeeper as the main character
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-21, 05:10   Link #132
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

You mean like Ginga e Kickoff?
Old 2019-05-21, 05:43   Link #133
Arya

Ok, guessing here,
Spoiler for guessing:

Old 2019-05-21, 06:03   Link #134
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
But you know that all this sport manga always seems to believe that pitcher is almost the only important position... where the catcher is as important or even more
I guess it is like having a football manga with a defense or goalkeeper as the main character
I asked before about relevance roles in baseball because the feeling I had was close to that, and while they are giving more importance here, it's still unclear to me how much of a weight or not has been for Sou to jump into the catcher role having the skills though.

Old 2019-05-21, 10:31   Link #135
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Ok, guessing here,
Spoiler for guessing:
In Otomi's flashback to when Tou carried her on his back and hurt her foot, she said Sou stopped competing with Tou afterwards and it was "probably" thanks to this. There's most likely something more, but I do think Otomi is part of the reason he gave up the position.
Old 2019-05-24, 19:18   Link #136
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I can't stop listening to "Equal" by Sumika. It's so damn great.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 07:53   Link #137
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Did we really need to have the vignette about Haruka's skirt at the beginning? More reinforcement for the apparently common anime notion that adult guys are all pervs.

CR left off the "-chan" in "Nan-chan" when Tou called him that at the Tachibana home. Kinda undermines the joke, doesn't it?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 11:13   Link #138
Decel

Aw yeah, that was a good ep! That second part really got my heart pumping.
Old 2019-05-25, 11:15   Link #139
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was surprised Mita turned out to be such a good guy, he's really humble and respects others. The opposite of his sister.

We kept getting teased about Nan-chan's backstory and we got nothing. It looks like he really might be there for the father and not the daughter. Or rather, for both.
Old 2019-05-25, 22:46   Link #140
Frontier

So I guess we have perverts to thank for the rise in sales of buckets. That dust served them right though .

I love how nobody cares about the apparent deep backstory between Nan-chan and the manager .

For Sou-fangirls those girls seemed surprisingly knowledgeable about baseball .

Hiroki seems pretty cool and relateable. He's pretty close to going pro and is one of the aces of the high school generation but isn't a tool about it and respects his rivals, as well as wanting to look good in front of his little sister. He also apologized after realizing he just insulted magazines...while conducting a magazine interview .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
CR left off the "-chan" in "Nan-chan" when Tou called him that at the Tachibana home. Kinda undermines the joke, doesn't it?
I assume Crunchyroll is using Funimation's subs, so they were the ones who probably took the Honorific out. They do the same thing with Tou and Sou, or with "Hiroki" instead of Onii-Chan/Big Brother.

Tags
adachi mitsuru, baseball, sports