AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 13:18   Link #4581
Aqua Knight

No I want to know which game to play first.
My notebook is coming on Thursday.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 13:31   Link #4582
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Mass Effect definitely.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 13:38   Link #4583
Aqua Knight

Thanks for advice
Old 2011-01-08, 21:56   Link #4584
Suomi
Kaiba

If I wanted to express something like "You'll never love me, but I will always love you" but instead say it like "I'll never be yours but you will always be mine" or "You'll never be mine but I will always be yours", which of the latter two quotes expresses the original quote ("You'll never love me but...") correctly?

(am I making absolutely no sense yet? )
Old 2011-01-09, 01:29   Link #4585
Aqua Knight

^
Obviously the second one "You'll never be mine but I will always be yours"

The first one looks like if the girl/guy is chasing you and you reject him/her and tell " You will always be my slave because you love me"
Old 2011-01-09, 09:58   Link #4586
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Is the brown stuff left at the bottom of a chocolate fountain still called chocolate after the entire piece of equipment is taken apart for cleaning?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 10:14   Link #4587
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't think I can begin to explain the sheer amount of bacteria that would be growing on that shit.
Old 2011-01-09, 17:32   Link #4588
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I don't think I can begin to explain the sheer amount of bacteria that would be growing on that shit.
I don't know about bacteria being able to survive heat (other than salmonella which can survive at 170 degrees celsius), but that thing is constantly boiled to keep it from hardening through the day at 150 degrees Celsius. I almost lost 2-3 fingers trying to clean that thing for the past 2 days.

The thing is that the liquid chocolate solidifies almost immediately after the equipment is shut down due to dynamic equilibrium, and heck, it does become a huge baseball sized gunk within half an hour.

Hope that won't put you guys off from eating fondue at a buffet restaurant.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-01-09, 23:42   Link #4589
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Er, shouldn't you switch off the power and unplug the thing before cleaning?
Old 2011-01-10, 00:22   Link #4590
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Er, shouldn't you switch off the power and unplug the thing before cleaning?
That is what I did! Otherwise I wouldn't find that baseball sized gunk at the bottom!

Old 2011-01-10, 00:33   Link #4591
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Is there any instrument (improvised or otherwise) which can help u scoop that gunk up? Sounds like you have one heck of a mess.
Old 2011-01-13, 01:57   Link #4592
Kudryavka

Think I could sell a dakimakura off online for $60? Unopened, part of omake from a discontinued, hard to find magazine issue. Its one sided, and official of course. The mag cost $40 and I dont want the daki, so I'm hoping to at least make the money back (which I think shouldnt be too hard, official dakis sell for over $80).
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 05:42   Link #4593
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Question: Is there an English term for "the tendency to root for underdog"?

Thank in advance
Old 2011-01-14, 06:53   Link #4594
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Question: Is there an English term for "the tendency to root for underdog"?

Thank in advance
Well.. I don't know about an official, or real english term..

but, apparently, ( after a little bit of digging), its described as the 'underdog effect'

To quote the article I got it from

Quote:
Social psychologists have studied the underdog effect. Allison et. al (2008) defined this effect as the people's tendency to support or root for an entity that is perceived as attempting to accomplish a difficult task and is not expected to succeed against an advantaged opponent.
I haven't bothered checking the source myself, but it is sourced to a seemingly reputable academic paper, so I guess theres no reason to doubt its validity immediately.

Another paper I found on the subject (one of the first hits actually)

'The Appeal of the Underdog' (2007), which should immediately give results on google.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 00:22   Link #4595
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Does TinyPic count as an appropriate image-hosting website to post pictures here?
Old 2011-01-17, 01:03   Link #4596
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Does TinyPic count as an appropriate image-hosting website to post pictures here?
Fairly sure I've seen in used in the past here, so I'd say most likely it does, just remember to thumbnail when you have a number of images, or really large ones .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 14:18   Link #4597
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Is there any dormitory at your college? That can solve the travel issue.
Old 2011-01-18, 20:49   Link #4598
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otsdarva View Post
Question;

How do I get a job? I'd really prefer if people would avoid the sarcasm, because this is a very serious matter to me.

- I can't drive, and everyone that can is off in their own little world. An example is they say they'll motivate and help me, but rarely do.
- I live out in the middle of nowhere, with piss poor internet and no real job around me (that doesn't consist of fields or farming....)
- I don't want to continue to live off of SSI for the rest of my life, because that makes me a parasite.

I have enough stamina to walk to town and back to get myself an application, however I can't do that everyday because that's 30+ miles on both the trip and the return.

College is out of the question, as well. Since that is even further away then the nearest city (not town).

Could someone please help me? I've tried to motivate people, and I looked into things myself, but there isn't much I can do.
Work from home?
Get a car and make the commute every day?
Move to the city?
Not very many comfy choices, but that's what people who want to be successful have to deal with.

As for college, if you're interested in going, why not go to one with dorms? Or move and get an apartment nearby with friends (you all can split the bills).
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 09:44   Link #4599
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Does anyone here believe in something called genetic inheritance of abilities?

I had a visit from a very long distance relative today (with a really cute female cousin), and while we are talking, she mentioned something about hereditary traits.

Apparently she claims that I genetically inherited the following :

1. The ability to speed-read people's personalities from my maternal grandmother
2. The ability to put something I read into use by simply practicing it just once - from my maternal grandfather.
3. The ability to see beyond (ghosts, apparitions, etc) from an uncle / great grandparent.

She also claims that I got 1 & 2 from my mother who had the same abilities (2 is true, my mum knows German, Chinese, Bahasa and every single Chinese dialect).

I read my cute cousin's personality and told her about her apparent nervousness when trying to start a conversation, her lack of initiative and a blissful demeanour, all of which she and her mother replied to be true. I haven't proven 2 true yet, and I don't believe in ghosts and such so 3 does not apply.

Is it really that possible? Or those are skills instead of abilities; which are acquired through life experience?

Old 2011-01-20, 10:06   Link #4600
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well DNA only codes for specific proteins sequenced into specific polypeptides. If medical science is able to define that a specific polypeptide or series of such directly affects one's biological capacity for a specific task, then yes, theoretically speaking.

But since practically everyone has the same things in variation anyway, well...

Tags
problem, q&a, serious