4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.58%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.17%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-09, 23:23   Link #221
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

I actually want to see how Setsuna 'forced' Marina to go back to Kataron's base with him, and how he escaped Ali. Why did they have to skipped (cut it off) anyway?
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 23:24   Link #222
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

lol @ Smirnov=Bright, Nena=Haro, Alle "I have control", Hong Long being an older brother and Andrei falling in love.

Did Nena always have quantum brainwaves? She fails too much as a pilot to have that.

I doubt Saji will pull the trigger. Next ep previews isn't really showing anything about them. They're just messing with us.

Looks like Mr.Bushido is gonna get owned next ep. But 00 will probably get disabled somehow because of using Trans-am.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 23:34   Link #223
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Did Nena always have quantum brainwaves? She fails too much as a pilot to have that.
Apparently, just this season.
Old 2008-11-09, 23:48   Link #224

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Maybe so but problem with Saji is that he was just dragged into the conflict and with his current mind state I would say that it is hard for him to sympathize others. I believe that with given more time he will learn to sympathize others, so just for now I think because should not bash Saij so much.
Well said ! What Saji did in the previous episode was something really, really BAD but it doesn't mean that anyone have the right to bash him that much; at least NOW.

If you're in his shoes, can you 100% positive say that you wouldn't do something like he did or even worse !? Remember that we're all human, not some kind of computer/machine.

It's easy for anyone who was not in such situation to judge the involved parties since they're in SAFE PLACE.

The Saji's situation kinda remind me to Amuro's situation of 1st gundam when he ran away to the dessert...

I definitely don't want to see another "gundam-typical-tragedy" like those in Z gundam, Gundam Seed, Seed Destiny and other series -> sorta Saji shot Louise and she dropped dead or something like death of Soma (related to Allelujah) !

Enough for those tear-jerker/attention-seeking episodes, these type of episodes leave a bitter feeling/unsatisfied feeling by the end of the series !!!

As long Saji getting better in the later episodes, there is no need to bash him that much NOW.

If he doesn't get any better; well he deserved the bashing by that time but not NOW...
06294086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 00:01   Link #225
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Havug Quantum brainwaves hardly equates to being a skilled pilot. We've seen the better pilots have them... but then again, probably all of the children in the Super Soldier facility had it, and I'm rather in doubt as to their piloting aptitudes.

Quote:
I doubt Saji will pull the trigger. Next ep previews isn't really showing anything about them. They're just messing with us.
Episode previews don't always tell you everything about that episode, or it kinda defeats the point. Did we know that Saji was going to accidentally destroy a base in episode 5? The preview didn't show anything about that. Episode previews also never showed the Nadleeh, or Lockon's death, or Graham's return.

In closing, previews never tell you all of what exactly they're going to show in the next episode.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 00:06   Link #226
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Saji would have to fire at Louise in order for all that ordeal to have a meaning. It's pointless if he is just going to sit there and chicken out.

Btw, can we officially say that Mr. Bushido is the best pilot in 00verse? The man is awesome.
Old 2008-11-10, 00:12   Link #227
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Havug Quantum brainwaves hardly equates to being a skilled pilot. We've seen the better pilots have them... but then again, probably all of the children in the Super Soldier facility had it, and I'm rather in doubt as to their piloting aptitudes.
Alle's situation says otherwise.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 00:14   Link #228
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Episode previews don't always tell you everything about that episode, or it kinda defeats the point. Did we know that Saji was going to accidentally destroy a base in episode 5? The preview didn't show anything about that. Episode previews also never showed the Nadleeh, or Lockon's death, or Graham's return.

In closing, previews never tell you all of what exactly they're going to show in the next episode.
Yeah an important lesson is to not trust previews that much. Since they probably will hide what are the most important things about the next episode.

Regarding Saji I'm not sure if he'll end up pulling the trigger or not. He's not going to shoot anyone down, but think it'd be important for him to at least pull the trigger. Since if he doesn't go for it now can't see them being dumb enough to put that guy in the seat again for a long time. At any rate if I'm sitting beside Saji there my thoughts are "what was I thinking bringing this guy along?"
Old 2008-11-10, 00:22   Link #229
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Alle's situation says otherwise.
Allelujah's been relying too much on Hal for the bad situations. Alle himself has never really done anything too remarkable against enemies in season 1... and against Aces he's not really hot stuff, needing Hal to bail him out.

Given all available evidence so far, there's really not much proof that having quantum brainwaves equals having piloting skill. I see quantum brainwaves much like any other talent: It makes it easier for you to become a skilled pilot, but that doesn't guarantee that you will be.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 00:31   Link #230
Halibel-sama
Tres Espada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Btw, can we officially say that Mr. Bushido is the best pilot in 00verse? The man is awesome.
Depends on his performance next episode. Though, things don't seem to be looking good for him.
Halibel-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 00:43   Link #231
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I have kind of mixed feelings about this episode. On the one hand I absolutely love that the key characters are continuing to be developed and their past and present actions fleshed out even more, especially Sumeragi who I thought was just going to follow the trend of attractive female captain that has been going since Seed. Instead she's been given way more personality then Murrue or Talia and I actually kind of care about where her stories going. She's no Bright, not even a Jamil, but perhaps she can reach Gomez level by the end. I also like how Louise is legitimately trying to prove her worth as a pilot now so as to not be thought of as a weak link anymore. And we also get some insight on Wang again and it almost seems to me now like she might be working as a double agent for Celestial Being as opposed to playing both sides off one another, but we'll see about that of course.

All fine and good, but on the other hand some aspects also came off as a tad predictable and felt like we'd been there. Saji took a potshot at Louise for dramatic purposes, Soma beats Allelujah for like the Bajillionth time, Graham freaks out at Setsuna and forces him to go one on one with him (Poor Setsuna will have to put up with this BS for some time to come), Arba shows how truly sadistic he and the A-LAWS are, Sergei and Katie show their compassion and humanity etc. etc. This episode, aside from Soma and Louise's continued development, all of the interesting aspects of the character development seemed to come solely from Celestial Being. I suppose it didn't help that during the key portions of the A-LAWS seens the character designs became noticeably inconsitent.

Oh well, it was still a solid if suprisingly underwhelming episode for how things have been going. Next week looks like it could be a blast though. I can't see it being the same as War For Two though because unlike that episode which essentially forced two characters into a relationship that then got massacred in the sequel, these two have a lot of catching up to do and this encounter has been a long time coming. We all knew it had to come to this sooner or later and I just kind of hope both make it out alive. Although since Gundam and Sunrise have a long history of liking to make their characters suffer just about anything could happen. The "I wanted to be your daugher" tagline also doesn't make Soma's survival look promising. And she was fast becoming my favourite female character in the series too.

Anyway, this weeks a 6/10 from me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 01:11   Link #232
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Well this officially seals it. Al and Marie/Soma whatever you want to call her are this series's AsuCaga. They're just nowhere near as cool.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 01:18   Link #233
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

How the hell is Al x Marie is supposed to be AsuCaga??
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 01:25   Link #234
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Cause Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this desert port
Aboard this invisible ship.

The mate was a mighty cryin' man,
The skipper faint and unsure.
Four pilots set sail that day
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

The battle started getting rough,
The mighty Gundam was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless pilot
The Arios would be lost, the Arios would be lost.

The Suits set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle
With Allelujah
and Soma too,
The Schizo and his Foe,
The Super Soldier
The Happy Man and The Crazy Man,
Here on Allelujah's Isle.
Old 2008-11-10, 01:30   Link #235
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
This isn't the first time you hear people jump to conclusion based on little fact they heard, aren't you?
Old 2008-11-10, 01:33   Link #236
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

You mean, just because they stranded in an island, they became the AsuCaga of 00

O_o

o_O

.. (lost words)..

Might as well says Marina and Sets is KiraLacus of 00 cause Marina is a princess too. o_O
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 01:34   Link #237
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
This isn't the first time you hear people jump to conclusion based on little fact they heard, aren't you?
Watch they don't actually even end up on an island and it's just peoples tendency to compare to Gundam Seed playing tricks within their mind again. Heeheeheeheee!
Old 2008-11-10, 01:49   Link #238
Quen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
how is this, shinji's first combat w/ shinji's expression

Spoiler for first battle:
Those handles do look like Unit 01's controls, good eyes

Nice ep too, think this is the longest in between the show airing and my actually watching it, was feeling bad at almost falling behind...

My guess is Saji does indeed fire the cannons, but the shots simply miss Louise.

Edit:
The Small One's first two points re: Japanese name usage above my post are correct, agreeing with him.

Quote:
Might as well says Marina and Sets is KiraLacus of 00 cause Marina is a princess too. o_O
Well, they're not exact copy at all, but they are the Kira/Lacus of 00, just like they're also the Heero/Releena of 00 if you're looking to match-up them to past Gundam male/female leads ^^

Last edited by Quen; 2008-11-10 at 02:01.
Quen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 02:19   Link #239
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
There are several reasons, that hint to Kujou beeing her surname:
  • Kujou is a normal Japanese family name. (If you had a character named "Smith", would you try to assume it's his first name?)
  • It isn't unusual for Japanese to call each other by family name, even after years, so the "Billy calls her that" argument is void.
  • There was this scene in this episode, where she and Katie were in the bureau of their superior (well, you could only see one of them) and he said "...Manekin, Kujou". Why should he call one of them by surname, and the other not?
  • Sumeragi was part of the AEU army. Japan is part of the Union. We don't know if she is in fact from Japan. My first name is in fact a common last name in Germany.
  • I hope Billy hasn't being trying to pursue a relationship with her without getting on a first name basis. He is in fact definitely not Japanese so calling her by a last name for years should be unusual.
  • Yes, that does lend some credence to it being a surname but they could be a few reason for this. One the writers not wanting to use a last name yet, or more in character reason is that the Officer talking to them being on a more familiar basis to her than Katie.

I'm not saying I'm 100 percent confident that it's her first name but your statement made it as if it was a fact that it was her surname.
Old 2008-11-10, 03:05   Link #240
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

my spec for next ep, louise got shot down and capture by CB, and saji x louise reuion time.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote