AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-05-20, 22:47   Link #21
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wait a second...Inyou can just make as much food as he wants? Then why do they need to buy any!? How much money troubles can he have when food costs are basically nothing? If he doesn't want to keep eating marshmallows can't he just magic up some food?
Yeah, I'd previously assumed Inyou's Ractor powers had some sort of limitation that only allowed him to materialize inorganic matter, but after he willed that huge pile of marshmallows into existence, the fact that he and Zero need to buy food became a gaping plot hole that's impossible not to notice.

Actually, that whole "we can't afford any decent food, so we're having this for lunch instead" running gag makes even less sense if you consider how much money they charge their clients. Are their expenses really that high?
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-21, 04:21   Link #22
Tenzen12

Isn't possible he just transport stuff from somewhere? He certainly would have good reason to get rid of bunch of marshmallows...

It would also explain their lack of money if everything Inyou materialise had to be bought beforehand.
Old 2019-06-04, 20:39   Link #23
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

This was a very entertaining episode.

Nice to see focus on Zero for an episode though no Surprise who came to save the day.

Once again that poor shopkeeper getting the short end of the stick, good comedy relief though.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-05, 19:39   Link #24
Uribatake

I checked out the first 17 chapters of the original webcomic version of the source material (the Japanese version is formatted to look more like regular manga in terms of page layouts), and it turns out only episodes 1, 2 and 5 were directly adapted from it. If they're already including this much filler in this show, I can only assume it's an open-ended series that will keep going as long as its Chinese investors are willing to sink money into it.
Old 2019-06-05, 20:07   Link #25
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
I checked out the first 17 chapters of the original webcomic version of the source material (the Japanese version is formatted to look more like regular manga in terms of page layouts), and it turns out only episodes 1, 2 and 5 were directly adapted from it. If they're already including this much filler in this show, I can only assume it's an open-ended series that will keep going as long as its Chinese investors are willing to sink money into it.
Well that certainly explains why it sucks.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-06, 14:17   Link #26
Uribatake

Personally, I was surprised that the Shuuin flashback and the episode that introduced the Ellin (they exist in the source material, but they get a very different introduction) were anime-original, and that the terrible Denden-centric episode was an expanded adaptation of the webcomic's sixth chapter.

To be honest, while I enjoyed the first two episodes and thought this series had a lot of potential, I'm starting to get tired of these stand-alone stories that go nowhere and barely scratch the surface of Magmell. I hope it starts following the source material again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Isn't possible he just transport stuff from somewhere? He certainly would have good reason to get rid of bunch of marshmallows...

It would also explain their lack of money if everything Inyou materialise had to be bought beforehand.
I thought of that when the show started, and I even theorized that maybe Magmell was transported from another dimension by a particularly powerful Ractor or a whole bunch of them. However, it's already been established that Inyou's powers consist in analyzing an object's structure and reproducing it, which means he probably creates stuff by rearranging matter.

Edit: after watching episode 10, it seems to me that all objects materialized by Inyou disappear after a while, which I suppose explains why he doesn't use his powers to create food for himself.

Last edited by Uribatake; 2019-06-10 at 20:00.
Old 2019-06-18, 00:27   Link #27
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Well very explosive episode indeed for a new arc by the looks of it.

I am sure they are all fine, that shopkeeper had multiple object through his brain earlier, he just won't die anytime soon, plus we need that comedy relief.
Old 2019-06-18, 14:23   Link #28
Uribatake

Certainly a step up from previous episodes. By the way, Zero's backstory was adapted from chapters 42 and 43 of the webcomic, although the story about her old master/captor coming back for her is anime-original.
Old 2019-06-25, 21:27   Link #29
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Wow, all I can do is hand it to the bad guy, he had everything planned out perfectly.

I never thought I would see Inyou in such a desperate situation, though I suppose it's good to see him struggle for once, everything's been pretty easy for him so far.
Old 2019-06-25, 23:22   Link #30
Uribatake

Episode 13 has already aired in China, and it's apparently the last one, since there wasn't a next episode preview at the end. Unless they announce a second season, I'll consider this show a big waste of time and potential, considering how much of the source material it could have covered instead of spending most of its episode count treading water with filler. It's the opposite problem of the Tokyo Ghoul anime, which curiously had the same head writer as this show.
Old 2019-07-14, 20:57   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wait, I just realized this actually ended. It didn't even feel like it ended, but I guess it did.
I mean, I guess I'll give it 7/10, because it was average and watchable, but nothing special.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, shonen