AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-08-04, 01:09   Link #121
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I'll be the contrarian here, and say that I have sympathy for Tonari after this episode. We see what the island does to people through her father - and if it did that to him when he was a full-grown adult, how can we not expect it to have affected her when she was just a child?

Or maybe I just sympathize because she's a writer. Sometimes being a writer feels like being stuck on an island full of psychopaths.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-09, 17:04   Link #122
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fushi came really close to getting raped in his sleep. Not sure what Hayase is trying to accomplish throwing him at the bottom of that well.

Tonari could have left everything behind and start a new life, but she decided she wanted Fushi to be part of her life. It's mainly her fault he's in this mess too, so I say it's only right. Regardless, she's a good girl.
Old 2021-08-09, 17:51   Link #123
Wandering Soul

What honestly is Hayase's intention with Fushi? To just keep him locked up as a symbol of worship? To rape him and basically own him? Whatever the case, the reappearance of the Nokkers may actually be a good thing this time around.
Old 2021-08-10, 01:01   Link #124
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Tonari could have left everything behind and start a new life, but she decided she wanted Fushi to be part of her life. It's mainly her fault he's in this mess too, so I say it's only right. Regardless, she's a good girl.
I seem to be saying this a lot this year, but I didn't get all the hatred that was aimed at Tonari a few weeks ago. True, she didn't get off to the best start with either Fushi or the audience, but I've seen much worse characters - including some in this very same series. If you don't like her, fine, but I couldn't understand what was driving such vitriol.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-10, 10:45   Link #125
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
What honestly is Hayase's intention with Fushi? To just keep him locked up as a symbol of worship? To rape him and basically own him?
I had a hard time determining what was real and what was imagined in parts of that sequence. Seems unlikely Fushi would imagine a naked Hayase though.

I suspected she might have wanted to bear his child in hopes it would have his powers.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-11, 17:51   Link #126
Alchemist007
*Author

Her crazy is taking a new direction.
Old 2021-08-11, 18:41   Link #127
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think Hayase wants Fushi's child too. I'm actually rather curious what would happen if Fushi fathered a child. What would most likely happen is that it would just be a normal kid inheriting the DNA of the person Fushi was transformed into during the conception.
Old 2021-08-16, 17:04   Link #128
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I would have been shocked to see Tonari's friends turn into zombies if the OP hadn't spoiled it months ago. Speaking of which, the OP is a mess now with all the scenes they keep stacking on top of each other.

The episode was good. I liked that Fushi had already escaped without Tonari's help. And while I knew about it from the OP, it still hurt to see them turned into zombies, especially Oopa who I liked quite a bit. She was nice and cute.

This is going to end with Fushi having to kill everyone on the island, isn't it?
Old 2021-08-16, 20:37   Link #129
Wandering Soul

RIP Tonari's friends. If the preview is any indication, Tonari herself may not make it out alive either. Everyone on that island seems doomed one way or another
Old 2021-08-17, 00:09   Link #130
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

We're gonna need a bigger doodle wall.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-23, 17:04   Link #131
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That ended on a way better note than I thought it would. Hayase even seemingly got her just deserts, although I wouldn't be surprised if she managed to retain control of her body.

The final episode will probably end with Pioran's death and Fushi realizing he will outlive everyone he knows.
Old 2021-08-23, 19:55   Link #132
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I seem to be saying this a lot this year, but I didn't get all the hatred that was aimed at Tonari a few weeks ago. True, she didn't get off to the best start with either Fushi or the audience, but I've seen much worse characters - including some in this very same series. If you don't like her, fine, but I couldn't understand what was driving such vitriol.
Well, I can't speak for everyone but in my case it's because I despise people like that. Smiling at you while they screw you over. Two faced people like that annoy the hell out of me. They tried to write her sympathetic in the last episodes, but if I were Fushi I'd have a hard time forgetting Pioran and I are in this mess because of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That ended on a way better note than I thought it would. Hayase even seemingly got her just deserts, although I wouldn't be surprised if she managed to retain control of her body.
Oh I'm sure we haven't seen the end of Hayase.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-23, 20:12   Link #133
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post

Oh I'm sure we haven't seen the end of Hayase.
She'll no doubt return, but how much control she'll have over her body when she does is up for debate. She could have limited control or she could just be a straight up puppet.
Old 2021-08-24, 02:48   Link #134
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

A message from Kate to everyone in the Jananda arc:

Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-30, 12:16   Link #135
Blaat

Glad the series ended on a high note, it hasn't washed away the tedious Tonari arc but it helped. Will be reading the manga now and watch the second season when it comes out next year.

Also noticed Tonari's owl disappeared so I'm going to assume Fushi ate Tonari's owl, so he would never get to meet Tonari ever again.
Old 2021-08-30, 12:23   Link #136
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Pioran asks to be reborn into something that could be useful for Fushi. Did that happen? She seems to be absorbed by an orb, but Fushi never receives it as far we can see.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-30, 12:41   Link #137
EroKing
Version Zero

Episode 20

The season started with a heartbreak and ends with another one. The pace for some of the episodes might have been a bit slower than people might have wanted it to be, but I highly enjoyed Fushi's journey so far from just a rock. Pioran didn't look like a significant character when she got introduced, but by the end of the season probably became the 3rd most popular supporting character after Gugu and Parona.

Can't wait for the next season in 2022. Bring it on!

Dedicating this month of October to Mangatron, a comrade who we lost almost 5 years ago. Always loved, never forgotten.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-30, 18:37   Link #138
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really liked this show, but it pretty much peaked with the first episode. The final episode came close though. It was sad to see Pioran slowly losing herself. In her final moment of clarity, she asked the man in black to be reborn into something useful for Fushi. He apparently fulfilled her request, and it looks like she might have become a second orb? Having a lifelong companion would certainly help Fushi.

I wonder how many decades Fushi spent all alone. He didn't look very old, but it doesn't mean much since changing just once resets his appearance.
Old 2021-08-30, 22:28   Link #139
Wandering Soul

RIP Pioran. I wonder how exactly her final request was fulfilled. She was taken into an orb, but we don't know what that did.

I guess one of the downsides of having such a strong first episode is that you're somewhat disappointed if the rest of the series doesn't hit that high. This was still a pretty good show overall though, ( I especially loved Gugu and Rean's arc) even if the previous arc dragged on. I'm looking forward to the next season and I'm also thinking about diving into the manga in the meantime
Old 2021-08-31, 00:01   Link #140
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Even knowing what was going to happen, "Zinda, his eyes red..." Pioran was my all time favorite character, and her death hit hard, but with the announcement of another season I think we should see my second favorite one.