AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-03, 11:38   Link #41
churchblue
Banned

I think my fanfic Duel Avatar, Carbon Arrow, is awesome (also his real life self).
Old 2012-08-03, 11:40   Link #42
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
I think my fanfic Duel Avatar, Carbon Arrow, is awesome (also his real life self).
Good for you, then.
Old 2012-08-03, 11:42   Link #43
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
Hmmm, technically that would mean every metallic avatar is resistant to poison, since metal can't be affected by poison when it doesn't have an internal system to spread it.
Which is quite an advantage.
Since Metal Colors are rare, they'd be unaffected against "normal" duel avatars that have such kind of attacks...or as seen in ep 7 with the Rotting Forest/Corrosive Woods stage.
Old 2012-08-03, 12:03   Link #44
churchblue
Banned

I think mentioned a month ago in the LN Thread that Carbon Arrow use high explosive arrows and remote detonators. He is VERY good in long range and descent in close range. His ability, which is obvious, is "explosion". He uses regular arrow as an offense and a distraction. Thanks to his real self, he is a great marksman. His accuracy is what is most dangerous about him. Hardly ever misses. He treats the AW as a jungle no matter what environment (yes, seriously).

His real life scar is his drive for justice and peace for the innocent.
Old 2012-08-03, 13:36   Link #45
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
I think mentioned a month ago in the LN Thread that Carbon Arrow use high explosive arrows and remote detonators. He is VERY good in long range and descent in close range. His ability, which is obvious, is "explosion". He uses regular arrow as an offense and a distraction. Thanks to his real self, he is a great marksman. His accuracy is what is most dangerous about him. Hardly ever misses. He treats the AW as a jungle no matter what environment (yes, seriously).

Oh? A hunter, huh? Does he "hunt" any Duel Avatar or just the unfair and dishonest?

As for his scar, it's about injustice? Like, the lack of justice in the world makes him want to have the strength to make things right?
Old 2012-08-03, 14:19   Link #46
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
in a Gary Stu kind of way

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2012-08-03, 15:25   Link #47
EccentricSwordser

As for my dragon riding OC,I've decided to make her a very weak,Albino who is in a wheel-chair. Her truama would be she has babied by everyone for her handicap-except her family who find her a burden- and all she wants to be is independant and free,even player soccer if her legs were strong enough.
The dragon wouldn't be tamed,but be like a big child she must raise like a pet. It would have its own HP bar-half it's master own bar- and special gauge which is the same length as it's master's. But all it would is be the background-when not allowing its master to ride or attack on its back- and destroys the area to fill its special gauge and cause a bit of chaos.
The attacks can either be Aaron-the Albino- fighting with her sword which shoots out laser bullets, or can be on her dragons back and shoot from the air-though the dragon,Fenrir, not being tamed thoroughly until level eight will fly hazardously and put off her accuracy.
If both their specials are full,they can combine them and do a special attack-unsure what it could be.
I have an application filled out,but Im unable to post on my cell phone. It will be more detailed on her dragon and attacks.
Any more suggestions? Opinions?
Old 2012-08-03, 16:30   Link #48
Dark Wing

Quote:

I think you should expand more on his real life problems and scars besides just wanting justice for the innocent because you're going to make him seem too one dimensional. Like have someone close to him in real life be killed or harmed by a criminal but he got away with the crime because the justice system failed let's say a lack of proof. This would be the reason his arrows always hit their mark his shots are wise and true. His always wanting to help people may also turn out to be his greatest weakness for deep down he's not doing it because he cares he wants to satisfy his own hunger for vengeance.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2012-08-03 at 16:48.
Old 2012-08-03, 23:36   Link #49
churchblue
Banned

I already typed up some of profile in the LN thread (still need to tweek it).

Basically, he start as a rich kid who doesn't know anything of a life (dude, he's 7). He takes thing for granted and lives in a fantasy world. He is one of the first generation to receive one of the 100 BBs. He plays the game because he doesn't like reality and doesn't have friends. He usually make excuses to go out so that he can battle other players. He enjoys demoralizing opponents. In other words, he is a complete douche. He is rather distance from his parents since they work all the time. One day, his father took some time off to take him out and sail on their yacht to the Philippines from some father-son time. At first he wanted to reject, but decided to go because he didn't see the harm to bond with his dad. However half through the boat ride, the yacht suddenly exploded and they barely survived it. After being toss by a storm, they washed up on a uninhabited island. Thanks to his dad's outdoor training, they managed to survive the following day. While his dad tries to find a way to get help, he finally start to realize that he cannot always avoid any long. Day after day, he challenged himself to survive in any condition. Thanks to he time in the AW and his archery skills (activity in his real life), he manage get food and survive the wildness. Even though there was no one the battle, he use the BB for meditation (he has plenty of BPs) and to clean his mind. No matter how much injuries he got, surviving was the one thing he could focus on some that can live. After 2 years, his dad managed to get help by a passing fisher's boat (at that time he lost his right eye). However on the way to the Philippines, his dad contracted a disease that he caught a few months before and died in the local hospital. With his dad dead and his body shipped to Japan, he realize he can't come back yet. So for years, he traveled around Asia to better hone his abilities he gain from the island despite being a kid (his mind is mature thank to his BB). When he turned 14, he went back home. He found out that his dad's company was bought and that his mother is living local city and had remarry after his dad's death. He did blame her for find another man and glad she is not alone. He also find out new thing about the AW, especially Black Lotus's decapitation of Red Rider with surprise him (forget to mention that he admires Black Lotus despite not meeting her). He did so research on the yacht accident and found out the explosion was a setup to kill them and buy his dad's company. He was furious and also found that company that bought it was register under the name "Technical Committee on Acceleration". A few days later, he got a call from Fix and fill him in about ARG, more incidents with Chromium Disaster, Black Vise and the virus he released and he want him help to get back at them for how they treat the AW as a lab experiment. After see so much disorder in the AW, he decides to help Fix out. He unfrozen his dad's bank accounts (his dad froze his bank accounts so if he ever goes missing no one would steal his money) and started up a small business. He feels there is a lack of justice in both the real world and AW and he fight for that justice, not revenge. He made his vow to never "miss to target". He since then look for clues that can help him. When Fix found out that Black Lotus can out of hiding (Fix already found her and told him several months later because Fix was waiting for the right time), he decides to finally meet her and transfer to her school in the process.

I think I named him Taiyou. He start out as a rich douche that doesn't care about reality to a mature, serious, experienced man. His scar was his urge to never "miss his target". He's the same age as KYH and the same year. He still admires Black Lotus even after he returned. He has no interest in joining legions and prefers to work alone. Taiyou before the island is very different than Taiyou after the island. His right eye is replace with a computerized eye which Fix designed called the VT System that work like a BIC and block unwanted guests for get into his Neurolinker. His "eye" keep him undetected from ARG. His eye has other function, but it is alot to say. He has a crush on Sky Raker's user, Fuuko but doesn't want to admit it. He will only help NN if it is necessary or "interesting". Taiyou moves around a lot and doesn't too much junk food, even he likes cake. His physical body has trained all the way to the peak of human capacity. He can stop a moving car with the right amount of force. He has a lack of social conversation. In education-wise, he consider a genius. He is another very analytical. He is not easy to fool. He says that when he was on the island meditation, he feel one with the AW.

His Duel Avatar, Carbon Arrow (mention before) was Lvl 4 and now Lvl 8. His archery skill are amazing because of Taiyou's skill not CA. Carbon Arrow can fire 5 arrows at one (he can only fire 3 arrows at once in the real world. Always use the environment as a form of offense.

That's all I have for now.
Old 2012-08-04, 01:12   Link #50
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

From what I see, basically you're having someone who is or close to superhuman with Brain Burst, which is, like all of your characters, ridiculously OP.

I just wish you would take the advice given to you sometimes and tone down your characters a lot. I would use "a bit" but in your case it's really no longer enough. Give him some more weaknesses, make him more imperfect and less good. Give him a selfish reason to fight. It makes for good character development. Even Haruyuki is partially fighting because he wants to keep Brain Burst to stay close to Kuroyukihime. If you argue that he already underwent character development with his time on the island, then what is the point of writing a fanfic for him?
Old 2012-08-04, 03:59   Link #51
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

I have to agree with Orange.

The real world in Accel World's setting is fairly realistic and the characters are reasonably normal. Yes, they have their individual talents, but they're not exaggerated into superhuman levels.
And in the Accelerated World, the duel avatar's abilities aren't overpowered.

Even Scarlet Rain, with all her insane firepower, has weaknesses.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:47   Link #52
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'd hate to appear to be bandwagoning, but damn my eyes they bleed... Blitz said this as well.

Its not about the character being awesome, its about telling a good story. But that spiel you have, that is a terrible story...

~~~~~~

Name's now [Gold Cub]. However, there is (or, there was !SPOILER!) a Golden Cub (GC's parent), whose base color is yellow. Drama involving them, Yellow Radio, and the early days of Accel World before the 7 kings emerged. A short story about the origins of the Yellow Legion.

However, I still don't know who's the protagonist in my story.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2012-08-04 at 07:20.
Old 2012-08-04, 07:32   Link #53
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
*stumbles upon the thread, curses FlamesparkZ and Kha*

So far i only have vague ideas for stories, mostly "Why there are no visible GMs in Brain Burst and such", and also insane ideas for stories...

As for Duel Avatars, i have a few planned, but I still don't know if the names are final since i'm still juggling the colors to their planned abilities/skills/attack styles. I'll just leave the list for scrutiny and suggestions:

Spoiler for Planned Duel Avatar Names and Capabilities:
Old 2012-08-04, 08:02   Link #54
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Well, the reason why there aren't any visible GMs is because there really is no need for them. GMs are there to enforce rules, but Brain Burst has close to zero rules. In fact, law and order is enforced by the players themselves. The only instances when there's any indication of the fact that there are indeed people who are running the game is the periodic updates, and also the one time when Takumu's guardian got permanently banned because Takumu used a backdoor program on Chiyuri, which was probably a criminal offence in real life too.
Old 2012-08-04, 08:42   Link #55
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Well, the reason why there aren't any visible GMs is because there really is no need for them. GMs are there to enforce rules, but Brain Burst has close to zero rules. In fact, law and order is enforced by the players themselves. The only instances when there's any indication of the fact that there are indeed people who are running the game is the periodic updates, and also the one time when Takumu's guardian got permanently banned because Takumu used a backdoor program on Chiyuri, which was probably a criminal offence in real life too.
I think the "permanent ban" was carried out by the Blue Legion, in other words, Takumu's Parent got a taste of Judgement Blow.
But yeah, the "anti-backdoor" update on BB was carried out by whoever maintains it.
Old 2012-08-04, 09:16   Link #56
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

It was never mentioned specifically who did it, though there is reason to believe it was done by the people running BB. After all, Haru didn't know about Judgement Blow until the Chrome Disaster arc, so it's unlikely that it was done by the Blue King.
Old 2012-08-04, 18:28   Link #57
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Amu? Rainbow Guardian? OPEN MY HEARTO!

*shot*

Meanwhile, I'm getting closer to the gist of the plot... Just need to get the right perspective out. This is a character I really shouldn't tell all from the start, ruins the mystery.

Now, how do I throw a nod to SAO in here--

*shotshotshot*
Old 2012-08-04, 19:39   Link #58
blitz1/2

Mine is:

Spoiler for OC:

Old 2012-08-04, 21:40   Link #59
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Whoa. How far into the future must this have been for it to reach the 3rd generation Black King when the 1st hasn't even fallen?
Old 2012-08-04, 22:09   Link #60
blitz1/2

Quote:
Whoa. How far into the future must this have been for it to reach the 3rd generation Black King when the 1st hasn't even fallen?
it's distant in the future. Like 10 years afterwards. Black Lotus and Haruyuki already reached lvl 10 and "graduated" from the system.

Closed Thread

Tags
discussion, fanfiction