AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2019-07-13, 09:37   Link #81
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
The story title is "Are You Really the Only One Who Likes Me?"
Guess the hint.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 18:44   Link #82
BWTraveller
Born to ship
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
I'd say it's more satirizing the general VIEW of the harem protagonist, the stereotype which frankly doesn't happen near as often as people seem to think. The "typical harem protagonist" is like Joro's act at the start, supportive and loyal and friendly, never a bad thing to say. But that's not what most harem protagonists are, or at least not all of it. Generally speaking there's always something else that makes the girls fall for the guy, a demonstration of passion or conviction, dedication to something deep enough to make them exhibit much stronger emotions or give of themselves. And sure enough, indeed I'd say that's what made the girls fall for him: the fact that even after all they'd done to him he'd still been willing to become furious and challenge someone he couldn't beat on account of their feelings and his personal convictions on what lines can't be crossed.

I don't really have a problem with him forgiving them, as every last one of them had been bastards at times, and each of them had exhibited some indication that they did truly care deep down. As he said, the situations just happened to bring out their worst sides without giving them a good opportunity to show their better sides. If there's one thing I don't like, it's how quickly the girls seem to switch to acting like worthy romantic candidates, jumping into his arms and talking about dancing together for a charm or attacking him when he has something bad to say. They've been forgiven, but that doesn't mean they should feel like they deserve a chance at being his girlfriend. At this point that's something he should give, not something they should actively pursue with any kind of expectation.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 19:25   Link #83
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
The idea I get from this is that Panji is first come first served after seeing Joro's real self back in the past.
However, the other bunch saw that AFTER they caused his fall and then Panji had to clear his name because she believed in him while they didn't. That would burn bridges but they also took that Joro is quite forgiving and not as resentful as he should be so they end taking that as an opening to get into his romantic life, at the first volumes they had a feel MC has only eyes for Panji, but as the series goes on they confirm this and start acting more and more rashl to take her out of the race.
That aside now that they DO like him I think Joro has realised this already, he's not being dense, he just gave up on things like harem and plays the role of the dense MC to them to keep the status quo until they graduate. But fact is, he is just tsundere for Panji and she knows it .
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2019-07-15 at 22:56.
Kuroageha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-30, 22:32   Link #84
charlie2020
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'd say it's more satirizing the general VIEW of the harem protagonist, the stereotype which frankly doesn't happen near as often as people seem to think. The "typical harem protagonist" is like Joro's act at the start, supportive and loyal and friendly, never a bad thing to say. But that's not what most harem protagonists are, or at least not all of it. Generally speaking there's always something else that makes the girls fall for the guy, a demonstration of passion or conviction, dedication to something deep enough to make them exhibit much stronger emotions or give of themselves. And sure enough, indeed I'd say that's what made the girls fall for him: the fact that even after all they'd done to him he'd still been willing to become furious and challenge someone he couldn't beat on account of their feelings and his personal convictions on what lines can't be crossed.

I don't really have a problem with him forgiving them, as every last one of them had been bastards at times, and each of them had exhibited some indication that they did truly care deep down. As he said, the situations just happened to bring out their worst sides without giving them a good opportunity to show their better sides. If there's one thing I don't like, it's how quickly the girls seem to switch to acting like worthy romantic candidates, jumping into his arms and talking about dancing together for a charm or attacking him when he has something bad to say. They've been forgiven, but that doesn't mean they should feel like they deserve a chance at being his girlfriend. At this point that's something he should give, not something they should actively pursue with any kind of expectation.

Valid points. So at the very least from the manga, they're certainly remorseful about their actions and doing their best to not make Jiro suffer again. But I'm still kind of pissed off though about the girls. Sun not as much, since he's probably gonna pursue another girl/kouhai from vol 8.

This may sound pretty dark and cruel, but I wished what happened was that after the apology and confession, Jiro doesn't reconcile. Instead, Sunflower girl and Sun-chan are f*cked from being on the verge of failing their tests, while Cosmos gets in trouble in student council for many consecutive errors from not having Jiro around to help or even gets in trouble from fraud/embezzlement. Then, the three go down on their knees and beg for forgiveness and help. Jiro says f*ck off, but Panji reminds him that they are not inherently bad people, so Jiro softens up, and then we go back to their current relationship with each other.

And apparently all is fair in love and war; hence, forgiveness from Jiro implies open chance to pursue him as a partner for his extreme kindness and willingness to stand up for others knowing the fact that he will suffer.

Then again, one consolation is that Himewari and Cosmos will probably have their hearts broken from Jiro choosing best girl, aka Panji (can't see Panji not winning from being in the cover for almost all the novels).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
The idea I get from this is that Panji is first come first served after seeing Joro's real self back in the past.
However, the other bunch saw that AFTER they caused his fall and then Panji had to clear his name because she believed in him while they didn't. That would burn bridges but they also took that Joro is quite forgiving and not as resentful as he should be so they end taking that as an opening to get into his romantic life, at the first volumes they had a feel MC has only eyes for Panji, but as the series goes on they confirm this and start acting more and more rashl to take her out of the race.
That aside now that they DO like him I think Joro has realised this already, he's not being dense, he just gave up on things like harem and plays the role of the dense MC to them to keep the status quo until they graduate. But fact is, he is just tsundere for Panji and she knows it .
Also valid points. I'm surprised he didn't get mad at the girls for doing something underhanded to take Panji out. Idk why he won't just choose Panji already, but then again, that would mean the story is over. If this story served to make harem fans like harems less, the author sure as hell did a great job doing so.

Last edited by charlie2020; 2019-07-30 at 22:39. Reason: Add another response
charlie2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-10, 09:10   Link #85
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Everyone is selfish, even MC despite being the less selfish among them he looks nice in comparison.

Btw
Next volume cover

Will they finally have some wholesome time together without those pebbles on the path getting in the way?
Let's find out next month(October 10th)~
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-10, 19:57   Link #86
charlie2020
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Everyone is selfish, even MC despite being the less selfish among them he looks nice in comparison.

Btw
Next volume cover

Will they finally have some wholesome time together without those pebbles on the path getting in the way?
Let's find out next month(October 10th)~
Ah, best girl indeed. Dang, you seem to be taking his struggle very well. Is that because you know they won't get what they want anyway? I personally would have wished if they suffered a bit and then turned to him for help rather than have him ask to be friends again. I guess I'm still mad that a simple bow was all it took after the sh*t he went through, albeit Sun did do a dogeza.
charlie2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-10, 20:48   Link #87
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
I look at it this way: no matter what they do, only a miracle, time travel, mind control or something like that can stop Pansy. They'll try and fail to the end.
In a way that's also a punishment.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-11, 15:07   Link #88
charlie2020
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I look at it this way: no matter what they do, only a miracle, time travel, mind control or something like that can stop Pansy. They'll try and fail to the end.
In a way that's also a punishment.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you make it sound as if Joro and Panji can just take the high road while the others can use whatever cheap tactics and fall however low they want because both of them will get the last laugh.
charlie2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-11, 22:41   Link #89
dark44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Only the two girls in frist novel are bad and i dont like them but other ones are great and i hope for harem end with joro
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-12, 00:32   Link #90
charlie2020
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
Only the two girls in frist novel are bad and i dont like them but other ones are great and i hope for harem end with joro
The ponytail one wrote libelous statements and further tarnished his reputation because she wanted to isolate him so that he will only like her
charlie2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-12, 12:37   Link #91
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
And later they conspire together against Pansy to make her get taken away by a stalker.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-12, 15:12   Link #92
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth 616
And they are still forgiven??? Man, what kind of friend they are?
They are truly disgusting...
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-12, 16:18   Link #93
charlie2020
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
And they are still forgiven??? Man, what kind of friend they are?
They are truly disgusting...
Which is why I was ranting at first and later had to ask others, such as Kuroageha who was more forgiving of those characters, their perspectives. Still having a hard time accepting it, but I guess one could make the argument that him not resorting to retaliation is a form of moral superiority and strength over the pieces of trash.
charlie2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-12, 18:26   Link #94
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie2020 View Post
Which is why I was ranting at first and later had to ask others, such as Kuroageha who was more forgiving of those characters, their perspectives. Still having a hard time accepting it, but I guess one could make the argument that him not resorting to retaliation is a form of moral superiority and strength over the pieces of trash.
This. It’s easy and weak to lash out, but it takes real strength to hold oneself back from giving into the easy emotions. And it’s not just a storytelling thing, it’s true in real life thing too.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-02, 21:19   Link #95
charlie2020
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
This. Itís easy and weak to lash out, but it takes real strength to hold oneself back from giving into the easy emotions. And itís not just a storytelling thing, itís true in real life thing too.
Sorry for late reply, but yeah, while I do agree with how holding oneself back is a form of strength, too bad he's either too stubborn/stupid to learn from his lesson, especially when back then he said about the two girls that he "wants nothing to do with them", yet still desires to be friends again.
charlie2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-02, 21:28   Link #96
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Alright. With the anime upon us, I've finally decided to get into this. I've seen spoilers, but I am still utterly lost. Can someone explain this to poor noob? I get that the two girls love Sun who loves Pansy who loves MC. I know that Sun is playing MC to get into Pansy's pants through the two girls, but what I can't understand is why the two would help Sun get it on with another girl.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-02, 22:41   Link #97
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Alright. With the anime upon us, I've finally decided to get into this. I've seen spoilers, but I am still utterly lost. Can someone explain this to poor noob? I get that the two girls love Sun who loves Pansy who loves MC. I know that Sun is playing MC to get into Pansy's pants through the two girls, but what I can't understand is why the two would help Sun get it on with another girl.
Because they know now Sun doesn't want them but Pansy and now they see a rebound on MC, however MC is slowly falling for Pansy and Pansy only has eyes for MC so might as well take her out of the way.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-03, 00:25   Link #98
Kadmos1
≠epic failure
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Glendale, AZ
Age: 35
Basic questions: who is the lead female? Which girl is basically the one true ship for our hero?
__________________
≠epic fail
Kadmos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-03, 00:57   Link #99
charlie2020
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Because they know now Sun doesn't want them but Pansy and now they see a rebound on MC, however MC is slowly falling for Pansy and Pansy only has eyes for MC so might as well take her out of the way.
I only read the manga so far along with the spoilers here, but idk if Sun still feels anything for Panji, given the fact that in volume 8, heís pretty much following another girl, who is either a kouhai or manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
Basic questions: who is the lead female? Which girl is basically the one true ship for our hero?
Well, itís pretty much Panji, since sheís the only one introduced to his mom and is on every cover except for one, whereas the other girls only show up on AT MOST one cover

Last edited by LKK; 2019-10-03 at 08:52. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use the Edit button instead.
charlie2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-03, 21:37   Link #100
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Because they know now Sun doesn't want them but Pansy and now they see a rebound on MC, however MC is slowly falling for Pansy and Pansy only has eyes for MC so might as well take her out of the way.
I just slogged my way through the first volume equivalent of the manga and I realized the misunderstood. I thought the two girls were accomplices in Sunís scheme, but they werenít.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fake harem, harem, rom com

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.