AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-21, 05:02   Link #61
Nostxlgia
モンキー・D・ルフィ

I freaking love this show and everything about it is just amazing. It's got that 90's feeling, the music, the animation and the dark but realistic story. This is just the type of anime that I love and actually miss... bebop vibes.
Nostxlgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-21, 20:59   Link #62
grecefar

I'm glad that liu got a glimpse of the true joe and now know that the previous figth was not the real him.

Joe come back should be real big.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-23, 17:03   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As expected, the chip is faulty and the CEO of the company is well aware of it and doesn't care.

Mac is apparently from the same country as Chief (I don't think it was ever named but it's obviously Mexico) but I don't think there'll be a deeper connection than that.

Joe's story took a backseat this week, really curious how he's going to get involved in all this.
Old 2021-05-23, 18:29   Link #64
Dop
Mmmm....

The way Mac came back and put Liu at death's door was the first hint that something was seriously wrong with his implant, and the scene when Mac completely lost it at home did have me seriously worried Mac may turn on his own son with terrible consequences.

I am interested what part Joe will play in this.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-23, 19:00   Link #65
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Good thing Mac's son was spared. I had feared the worst when some innocent sounds triggered some sort of brain malfunction.

The story is as expected. Liu got taken down during Mac Time. Considering that he may have been waiting for that time, I thought as a champion, Liu would have been more prudent and not let his guard down.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-23, 20:44   Link #66
Wandering Soul

To no one's surprise, the chip is defective and the CEO is corrupt. I wonder how Joe is going to fit into this storyline.
Old 2021-05-23, 20:46   Link #67
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

The fight between Mac and Liu look all most like a one sided fight but Mac just snapped and got lost in the zone

It seem that Mac got some PSD
Old 2021-05-23, 23:38   Link #68
grecefar

Seems that its joe vs mac in the end since liu is out of the picture, I want to see joe using the gear chief left to him.

There is a typhoon coming so joe will understand what the kid suffered 5 years ago.
Old 2021-05-24, 01:23   Link #69
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
The story is as expected. Liu got taken down during Mac Time. Considering that he may have been waiting for that time, I thought as a champion, Liu would have been more prudent and not let his guard down.
It looks like he got back in neutral stance (?) after Mac dodged his punch, but then Mac swung so fast he couldn't guard. I'm guessing the chip turns off the user's consciousness and inhibition somehow and enables 100% of their muscle output. Probably not healthy for his brain or his body.
Old 2021-05-26, 03:11   Link #70
Alchemist007
*Author

I like watching this show in batches, caught up on 5-8 now.
As expected Joe leaving was still mostly on him, simply running away from the guilt, though Sachio certainly didn't help. I also thought the situation with Liu would lead to a sort of final match but alas we now have the Jose Mendoza character Mac, but with an Elon brain chip. Will be interesting to see how that goes.
Old 2021-05-30, 16:13   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The CEO of Rosco is super evil. Yukiko should have broken her contract with him as soon as she found out he was planning to sell the chip to the military, since that completely goes against what she's standing for now.

Joe seems to have more or less made up with the kids, minus Sachio who is being difficult. Joe even said exactly the right words to him (about getting the light back) but he's really stubborn. The flashback with the Coa- Trainer also revealed that he had told him why Joe was acting this way, and that he was fully supporting him.

Now we know how Joe will get involved in Mac's storyline, as the latter has issued a challenge to him!
Old 2021-05-30, 20:49   Link #72
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Liu is somewhat OK but cant really say that for Mac

Sachio really getting better at boxing
Old 2021-05-30, 21:42   Link #73
grecefar

The challenge is there now, obviously joe will fight but the reason I'm looking foward to know.
Old 2021-05-31, 05:29   Link #74
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I really, really hoped this wouldn't go down the road of Joe fighting again.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-31, 07:35   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I really, really hoped this wouldn't go down the road of Joe fighting again.
What were you hoping for?
Old 2021-05-31, 08:01   Link #76
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What were you hoping for?
Something less cliched?

These last three eps have been very good, but honestly, it feels like a rehash of the first season where the first six felt like something really different. I also feel like the whole point of the first arc was that the past is the past and you have to let it go, and former glories can never be recaptured. Compromise with fate and make the best of what's actually possible and take care of the people around you.

Setting aside the whole evil corporation plotline which seems totally unnecessary, I don't see how Joe getting back into the ring and the climax being another big fight squares with those themes. But the writing proved how great it could be in the first half, so maybe they can pull it off.
Old 2021-05-31, 14:51   Link #77
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Except this time I think the roles are different. If Joe does get in the ring I doubt it'll be because he's trying to recapture his former glory, but because he wants to save Mac. Mac is kind of Joe from season 1, while Joe is sort of Yuri.
Old 2021-05-31, 16:41   Link #78
grecefar

And it would help if joe beats mac then the rosco technology is not flawless and then the true about what it does to mac comes to light.
Old 2021-05-31, 16:49   Link #79
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
And it would help if joe beats mac then the rosco technology is not flawless and then the true about what it does to mac comes to light.
So basically the S1 ending recycled.

Another development being set up here is Liu being a BES candidate, which likewise I could do without.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2021-05-31 at 17:37.
Old 2021-06-01, 17:48   Link #80
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I think Joe might enter the fight for personal reasons like saving the life of one of the kids who is in surgery but need the money. He might cut a deal with CEO to fight his boxer for the money but this is just theory.

Tags
boxing, sci-fi