AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-04, 15:24   Link #161
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally am in love with the art style. The old, retro feel works really well with the story... it gives off the vibe that this show is 'unfantastic', down-to-earth, run of the mill story about a boy who wants to fulfill his dreams because of a promise he made with the one he loves. By making the show look more realistic, it helps the viewer understand that the dilemma the protagonist goes through is something realisticl. And that's really the reason I like Bakuman, because you can relate about the conflict of your dreams vs what you can realistically accomplish, and the art style helps reflect that as well.

Overall, top notch anime... at least the first episode impressed me a lot. Maybe my 2nd or 3rd pick of the season overall.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 17:21   Link #162
achirist

I didn't like this at all. I thought the "super hero" opening was extremely childish, I didn't like the main characters dullness and hated the way he was drawn. Despite the fact that an older Kuze Shuichi appears to be a character, this is certainly no EF, which had a much better story of an aspiring mangaka. Dropped.
Old 2010-10-04, 19:26   Link #163
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bakuman - First Impressions

Page 1, Dreams and Reality

How I waited for this to get animated, since reading the very first chapter exactly this date way back two years ago.

I do have complains about some characters having get drawn and sketched pretty weird, and the colors along with the lighting feel lanky. Fortunately, from my POV, the anime kept true with the spirit and the contents of the manga.

Virtually, I overlooked everything else that happened in the first episode and paid special attention to two important events:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 03:57   Link #164
ryuusei

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
I didn't like this at all. I thought the "super hero" opening was extremely childish, I didn't like the main characters dullness and hated the way he was drawn. Despite the fact that an older Kuze Shuichi appears to be a character, this is certainly no EF, which had a much better story of an aspiring mangaka. Dropped.
you probably missed the reference to Hiroshi Gamō who Tsugumi Ohba is rumored to be, with the one hit gag manga Tottemo! Luckyman a.k.a. Super Hero Legends. For an old fan that OP was totally awesome.

Also I find it ironic how this 'non-mainstream' anime/manga is getting criticized so much compared to a battle manga. Guess you just can't fight the type of anime/manga it is.
ryuusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 04:53   Link #165
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuusei View Post
you probably missed the reference to Hiroshi Gamō who Tsugumi Ohba is rumored to be, with the one hit gag manga Tottemo! Luckyman a.k.a. Super Hero Legends. For an old fan that OP was totally awesome.

Also I find it ironic how this 'non-mainstream' anime/manga is getting criticized so much compared to a battle manga. Guess you just can't fight the type of anime/manga it is.
I don't see people criticizing the manga, just the anime. I'm not an artistic person, but I just find the anime bland? Not sure how to put it. The story is fine. And I know it will get better. The story I mean LOL.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 06:28   Link #166
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's just the first episode, it's supposed to be in the gray area until the story kicks in and the colour comes into people's lives.
Quote:
Dropped.
ouch
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 06:52   Link #167
thirdlc

I think Shitaya's sensitive touch fits Obata's artwork, but wow, there are a lot of acid comments here.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 18:47   Link #168
Bombo
TSF Fans

I personally love the art style...And the OP the hero amazing with ED I like it..

Finally it appear my favorite anime..I can't belive it\s aired now "cry"...I like first episode and couldnt stop laugh when he asked her for marry LOL.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 22:47   Link #169
achirist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuusei View Post
No, I didn't realize it was a reference to anything--I thought it was an indication of the type of manga the characters would be writing, which made me cringe. Anyway, just not my thing.
Old 2010-10-06, 16:51   Link #170
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Why has Viz Media not licensed Bakuman for Legal Streaming on their VizAnime site yet?
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 09:53   Link #171
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 1
Been waiting for this! I loved everything about the anime (especially Death Note and Hikaru no Go references <3).

My only complaint isabout the art: Their faces in the manga are prettier. ^^
Old 2010-10-07, 20:08   Link #172
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Nice first episode . I found the art quite unique .
Yeah that was hilarious when he said "Marry me"

Story seems interesting , a manga which talk about manga .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 05:41   Link #173
videoman190

Spoiler for What he could have done differently:

Other than that the first episode was great!
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 21:02   Link #174
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This show have one of the dumbest sayings yet
Old 2010-10-08, 21:39   Link #175
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

This is probably the best one out of this season imo
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 22:14   Link #176
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
This show have one of the dumbest sayings yet
I'm drawing a blank. I don't remember there being a saying associated with this show. What are you referring to?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 08:00   Link #177
Lilith
Your average fangirl

I believe he means the "MARRY ME" saying. Yeah, Should've said "date me" instead.

But what I don't understand is her response: "lets communicate by text" and "my mom's coming!". I thought dating was allowed in Japan?
Old 2010-10-09, 08:30   Link #178
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
I believe he means the "MARRY ME" saying. Yeah, Should've said "date me" instead.

But what I don't understand is her response: "lets communicate by text" and "my mom's coming!". I thought dating was allowed in Japan?
For the mom bit, there are parents who are touchy on the subject of their kids dating, etc. so perhaps that was her case? As for the communicate by text thing, I found it really, stupidly, awfully convenient that she happens to share the same odd train of thought that's needed to recreate the situation like Moritaka's uncle and then I thought
Spoiler for theory:
Mind you I've never read the manga so I'm just assuming things.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 08:57   Link #179
Clarste
Human

I don't think most parents would approve of their children discussing marriage that early. Also, Takagi told the mom that they would be talking about schoolwork, so being caught in any kind of lie is sort of suspicious.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 16:18   Link #180
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Just finished episode 2. This show certainly has a nice energy to it. Good pacing too.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen