AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-07-17, 06:53   Link #201
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

It's actually funny how much more fun these goofy shenanigans are when you play with friends in the same room as opposed to faceless internet goons. I played random deck battles for hours against people at the last party I was at with tons of fun to be had all around, but can't even be bothered to play a second match of this brawl. Getting to see everyone's reactions and starting up the friendly trash talk is priceless, and getting /Threaten spammed by XxDildofighter69xX doesn't come close to replicating it.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 15:37   Link #202
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
At this point just hoarding gold in prep for the next likely card expansion coming out.
Is there any other way other than daily quests to stock up gold that I'm missing? I'm not confident enough to get 7 arena wins constantly and I'll certainly not spend money on this either. But even if you get 60g quests every day it takes 12 days to unlock a single wing, not to mention a full adventure.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 16:11   Link #203
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Is there any other way other than daily quests to stock up gold that I'm missing? I'm not confident enough to get 7 arena wins constantly and I'll certainly not spend money on this either. But even if you get 60g quests every day it takes 12 days to unlock a single wing, not to mention a full adventure.
Early enough in the game there are a lot of secret quests and achievements you can do to stock up on piles of gold. Otherwise....yeah it's pretty much just grinding out daily quests. Take you 10 gold per 3 class wins and combine that with a lot of games. Sometimes get lucky and get those 100g quests. Mostly just slow accumulation.

I've just kept going the slow way and usually have enough saved up to mostly keep up with the new wings and expansions.
Old 2015-07-18, 13:29   Link #204
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
There's a 100g cap per day for wins. It's very tedious, but if you really want to hoard on gold for the next expansion, it might be worthwhile for you. I think I read it takes roughly 3-4 hours on average to hit the daily win cap (remember, it's 3 wins per 10 gold unfortunately lolz).

I have about 1400g saved up myself right now, I don't intend doing arena until after the packs. Sucks though, about 2 weeks prior to the "leak" of the new pack, I had spent like 1500g on packs (and didn't get anything good as usual, dengg you RNJesus!). I'm a spender though, I'll most likely spend $$$ on more packs. A shame you can't transfer gold from Heroes of the Storm to this...

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-21, 11:09   Link #205
night_sentinel

Yo! Guys! First time here. Also a relatively newbie player as well. Do we have a player list around here, I can't seem to find it?

Oh and btw, I don't know if you guys know this but there is a promo, giving 3 packs for those who play hearthstone using s6 phones. You guys might want to try it. ^^
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-21, 23:20   Link #206
paladinenvec

I have been playing since May and it's the only game than i'm playing until now, so far i'm having a blast but somehow i'm not able to pass from rank 11 =P, i like the game but it has too much RGN, i mean i have seen Tempo Mages using Unstable Portal and calling a 6/6 Dreaded Infernal on turn 3 and sometimes the card that you want is in the last 3 cards of the deck even if you're playing handlock.
Nevertheless i love the game, im waiting for the next expansion, hopefully we get something good.
And about the free booster packs if you're using a S6 i heard that you can get around that if you have an emulator, dunno if its true...
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 11:28   Link #207
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

This week's Brawl gives you 10 mana from the beginning for your own deck. My first opponent got disconnected before turn1 and in my second game I got kicked from the server so ._.
Old 2015-07-22, 12:50   Link #208
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
I have been playing since May and it's the only game than i'm playing until now, so far i'm having a blast but somehow i'm not able to pass from rank 11 =P, i like the game but it has too much RGN, i mean i have seen Tempo Mages using Unstable Portal and calling a 6/6 Dreaded Infernal on turn 3 and sometimes the card that you want is in the last 3 cards of the deck even if you're playing handlock.
Nevertheless i love the game, im waiting for the next expansion, hopefully we get something good.
And about the free booster packs if you're using a S6 i heard that you can get around that if you have an emulator, dunno if its true...
Glad you like the game. I was like that too when I first started back in January. Still like the game a whole lot, but I only play a few games each day.

As for the packs, yes it's true. Use the emulator (check out hearthpwn site; follow it exactly) and you will get 3 packs and a card back for free. Also, you get a pack for playing on an ipad, don't remember if you get a pack for playing on an android. FYI, start saving your gold, new "announcement" later today, I believe at 2:30 PST regarding updates for HS (most likely the new upcoming pack).

This weeks brawl is meh. Managed to win my 2nd game, don't see myself playing more than that though.

Old 2015-07-22, 16:52   Link #209
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

My, we need to respect those with low bandwidth. Also no need to do double the work if Hearthpwn does essentially the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Please either stop posting images and just link to Hearthpwn or Hearthhead or nest those images in a collapse-type tag.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2015-07-22 at 17:33.
Old 2015-07-22, 17:04   Link #210
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Expansion comes out next month with pre-purchases starting next week. $50 bucks for 50 packs (discounted)+ card back.

Old 2015-07-22, 17:04   Link #211
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Turned in a bit too late so only images for the last two cards.

New mechanic: Inspire
Does stuff whenever you use your hero power.

Skycap'n Kragg - 7
Charrrrrge
Costs (1) less for each pirate you have in play.
4/6

Lock and Load (Hunter)- 2
Whenever you play a spell this turn, add a random hunter card into your hand.

Maiden of the Lake - 4
Your hero power costs 1
2/6

Coldarra Drake (mage) - 6
You can use your hero power as often as you want.
6/6
Fixed for you.

Missing:
Frost Giant - 10
Cost 1 less for each time you used your Hero power this game
8/8

You can pre-purchase 50 packs for "Grand Tournament" starting next week, doing so gives you a card back.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2015-07-22 at 17:18.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 17:23   Link #212
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Updated my post with the new cards as they are getting played.
Old 2015-07-22, 17:24   Link #213
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Updated my post with the new cards as they are getting played.
Please either stop posting images and just link to Hearthpwn or Hearthhead or nest those images in a collapse-type tag.

Quote:
My, we need to respect those with low bandwidth. Also no need to do double the work if Hearthpwn does essentially the same thing.
No need to be snarky; it's more about your post starting to look bloated than bandwidth. Using the [IMAGES] tag works and makes the post more compact.

Images
Example
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Edit: I'm sorry, I realise what I said is actually really rude (not gonna edit it out because that's cowardly). I had just woken up and I can be really grouchy when half-awake, you posting twelve or so consecutive large images with no linebreaks just set something off in me.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2015-07-22 at 19:11.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 01:00   Link #214
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Managed a hilariously fast 3-turn win for this week's Brawl (the instant 10 mana one).

From memory of the challenge from BRM, went with Priest.

Turn 1 - I go first, play Alexstrasza. They're down to 15.
Opponent - They play Shadow Word: Death and then Emperor Thaurissan.
Turn 2 - I play Foe Reaper 4000 and Ressurect to get Alexstrasza back.
Opponent - They play Dr. Boom, The Coin and Defender of Argus onto a Boom Bot and Thaurissan.
Turn 3 - I play Shadow Word: Death onto Thaurissan and then Stormwind Champion. Foe Reaper attacks the 2/2 Boom Bot and takes out Dr. Boom and Defender of Argus as well. Alexstrasza hits the face.
Opponent - Instant concede.

And that is more than enough for me for this week's brawl.

Watched the live stream for The Grand Tournament event and saw Firebat, Trump and Amaz play with some of the new cards. Very hero-power centric. Shaman is getting a real re-work and will probably see more play at this rate. Mage gets some very cool mid-game combos and a bit more board control. Hunter gets to go even faster.

Ideal places to keep track of the new cards as they get released:

Hearthhead and any new posts/updates to the database they do

Official site for The Grand Tournament.

This one excites me. Very different focus to Goblins vs Gnomes. The Inspire mechanic and the emphasis on Hero Powers in general is intriguing.

You best start saving gold/dust because this will be live within a month.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2015-07-23 at 09:20.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 02:07   Link #215
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

^ yup! I'll have at least 2k gold by the time this releases next month + I'll be pre-purchasing (might as well, 50% off the packs).

Old 2015-07-23, 03:12   Link #216
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The price is fair but....I'm committed to not paying. Hard enough to afford living as it is already. Particularly with everything I have budgeted for the rest of Q3.
Old 2015-07-23, 06:58   Link #217
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, that discount isn't really enough for me to pre-purchase the card packs. You can already get 40 cards for $50, so it's just an additional 10 packs for the same amount. I may buy a few packs at launch (maybe $10 worth, we'll see how I'm feeling about it when the time comes), but $50 is kind of a bit much.

Still, looking forward to this thing. Should have well over 2k gold by the time it comes out so I'll get enough packs when it releases regardless.
Old 2015-07-23, 07:07   Link #218
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Edit: I'm sorry, I realise what I said is actually really rude (not gonna edit it out because that's cowardly). I had just woken up and I can be really grouchy when half-awake, you posting twelve or so consecutive large images with no linebreaks just set something off in me.
Don't worry, I overreacted as well. Was ~midnight here and I can get touchy when I'm tired :|

Last Sinner, your Hearthhead link has a dot at the beginning so it doesn't work.
Old 2015-07-23, 09:20   Link #219
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Last Sinner, your Hearthhead link has a dot at the beginning so it doesn't work.
Fixed. Thanks for notifying me.
Old 2015-07-23, 17:31   Link #220
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Found enough motivation to do at least one of the daily quests each day but I just remembered why I hate this game:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?