AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 29 27.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 40.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 21.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.92%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-26, 13:06   Link #841
johnjefferson3

nanoha was just upset that both sabru and tiena never actually listed to nanoha and just did their own little thing, so nanoha had to make them so called "wake up" well, i think she finally gave her 2 slackers the message that you do not mess with nanoha (our white devil). now maybe sabru and tiena can finally accompish what there were actually be trained to do!!!! plus we are only 22 hours away from the airing of epsiode 9!!!! also some else posted, i think nanoha should run for us. presendent when she get older, if we had her now, their would be no war, becuase all of our enimes would be involutally befriended. ha ha!!!
Old 2007-05-26, 15:51   Link #842
carlanox

ok you guys has forced me to register in this forum to make this comment. Sorry I only read till page 9.

Regarding Nanoha's punishment I think that it is not wrong at all.
When Tea failed in the mission, Nanoha did ask her to promise not to repeat her mistake again. Saying that she is not along and working as a team (where her job is a long range support).

But during the training, again Tea forget her promise and break the rule. She make Subaru do reckless atttacks and herself go to the front line (no longer as a support). What happens if it is the real mission and IF Tea failed the attack and disabled herself as a support for Subrau? That will make the whole team in danger.

That's why Nanoha punish Tea. Why she shot twice is because the first one effects is reduced by Tea barrier. And Nanoha never release her limiter. She just order RH to be in release mode (that's not mean to release her limiter).

So I dont think Nanoha is snapped. and Also is it alright for the trainee to attack with all their might (that's what always they do in the training anyway). The only cause is her dissapointment in Tia's action.
Old 2007-05-26, 15:55   Link #843
Meophist

Had you read further, you'll find that there are a bunch who agree with you.

Edit: Thanks for registering anyways. Welcome to the AnimeSuki forums.
Old 2007-05-26, 16:10   Link #844
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlanox View Post
ok you guys has forced me to register in this forum to make this comment. Sorry I only read till page 9.

When Tea failed in the mission, Nanoha did ask her to promise not to repeat her mistake again. Saying that she is not along and working as a team (where her job is a long range support).

But during the training, again Tea forget her promise and break the rule. She make Subaru do reckless atttacks and herself go to the front line (no longer as a support). What happens if it is the real mission and IF Tea failed the attack and disabled herself as a support for Subrau? That will make the whole team in danger.

That's why Nanoha punish Tea. Why she shot twice is because the first one effects is reduced by Tea barrier. And Nanoha never release her limiter. She just order RH to be in release mode (that's not mean to release her limiter).

So I dont think Nanoha is snapped. and Also is it alright for the trainee to attack with all their might (that's what always they do in the training anyway). The only cause is her dissapointment in Tia's action.
I agree with you. Nanoha only taught Teana what would happen if that had been a real battle. I believe the first shot was to "cool off" Teana and the second was to show Subaru what would be the consequences of their actions as Nanoha told her to stay quiet and watch.

Surely, the reasons for Nanoha doing that will appear in episode 9. Perhaps she tried to take on too many enemies by herself or, like Teana and Subaru, she did some reckless fighting. Because she would not just show such a scary/sad face and punish Subaru and Teana like that just for some recklessness during training.
Old 2007-05-26, 16:18   Link #845
carlanox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Had you read further, you'll find that there are a bunch who agree with you.

Edit: Thanks for registering anyways. Welcome to the AnimeSuki forums.
yeah. read it all now. Surprise me it actualy on page 40+.

Actually I've been here for 2 and half years. Just dont bother to post as I agree to all the comments (except for this 1 of coz)

btw, Is it Tia or Tea? Heard of Japanese named Tia but never heard of Tea....

and duh, who is the one who vote for 1 out of 10 <_> does he want to make Nanoha angrier than that.....

Last edited by carlanox; 2007-05-26 at 16:39.
Old 2007-05-26, 16:30   Link #846
Meophist

The name is officially "Teana", so the short-form will be "Tea", although it's pronouced more like "Tia".

Edit: Teana is also not Japanese.

Edit2: Also, you're not really "here" until you've registered.
Old 2007-05-26, 16:34   Link #847
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlanox View Post

Welcome. And yeah, there are many of us that agree with you. It has been kind of a warring zone here, although this time on topic, with people lashing arguments back and forth about this subject ><.
Old 2007-05-26, 18:03   Link #848
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

We're just repeating ourselves over and over again, so much so that we could just copy and paste over arguement when the next person comes in...

... Oh yeah, the gut-voter has been there ever since.
Old 2007-05-26, 18:07   Link #849
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
... Oh yeah, the gut-voter has been there ever since.
Actually, I think the episode was quite painful.
Old 2007-05-26, 18:18   Link #850
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Actually, I think the episode was quite painful.
Literally? Or Metaphorical ?
Old 2007-05-26, 20:06   Link #851
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Anyone that is prepared to challenge the established rules within a military exercise should expect to receive what amounts to the penalties from insubordination... if anything, Tia had it easy.

What Tia did earlier can amount to lobbying, or "to make the critical question of 'why' become ambiguous and to substitute in emotion to the void." Unfortunately... to paraphrase even more, "if a soldier's intuition is totally correct, where would be no loser. If a policeman's intuition is flawless, there would be no wrongly accused. However what does reality indicate?" The gamble failed for Tia.

The more serious misgiving on Tia's part is to fall back to belief. "Belief is really just an excuse to dress up and legitimize one's past wrongs or foolish behaviors. The thicker the makeup, the harder it is to see through the facade beneath. " It is a rather dangerous path that should be checked early on.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-05-26, 21:55   Link #852
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ah the discussion of this episode basically has surrounded the last few minutes. You'd think it'd be hard to have 800+ posts on one thing, but the skill is bringing it up again. Things were pretty intense when we just had screen shots to work with. It continued though especially until we got a small translation for that scene.

Maybe that person who voted 1 was a super Teana fan that didn't like her getting blown away?
Old 2007-05-26, 22:13   Link #853
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

He voted that way before the episode even aired if my memory serves me well
Old 2007-05-26, 23:34   Link #854
hikaru2895
GPL Freedom Fighter

Finally caught up after reading 20 pages...

Question:
How do you tell who voted for what? I used to be able to just click on the vote and it would tell me, what happened?
Old 2007-05-27, 00:09   Link #855
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It just goes to show that mods grew tired of public votes, so we have returned to the secret vote old-school style.
Old 2007-05-27, 07:06   Link #856
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Nop, it just goes to show that i was being careless when creating the poll >.<" The votes have been made public.
Old 2007-05-27, 08:41   Link #857
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
It just goes to show that mods grew tired of public votes, so we have returned to the secret vote old-school style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Nop, it just goes to show that i was being careless when creating the poll >.<" The votes have been made public.
Heheh...

That just made me smile

(And yeah, the gut-voter has been at it for quite some time...)

EDIT (1):

btw, where is episode 9's thread?

EDIT (2):
Ah, there it is

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-05-27 at 08:55.
Old 2007-05-28, 20:45   Link #858
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
I have a question on this episode, how come Nanoha got so mad during that test with subaru and teana, my understanding of japanese is not too good so an answer would be helpful.
Old 2007-05-28, 21:35   Link #859
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
I have a question on this episode, how come Nanoha got so mad during that test with subaru and teana, my understanding of japanese is not too good so an answer would be helpful.
Well, I may not be the right person to answer this, as I didn't take part in the whole discussion on this matter, but making it short Subaru and Teana acted recklessly during the mock battle, ignoring what they were taught before, and on top of that Teana refused to stop after their attack failed, so Nanoha decided to show them what could be the consequencies of such actions. The motives behind Nanoha's actions are further explained in episode 9.

Ah, and most people would disagree that Nanoha actually got mad back then
Old 2007-05-28, 22:16   Link #860
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Well I know how you felt in that regard. Not knowing what's going on is pretty tough. Earlier in the discussion a translation was put up for that scene. Let you have a read and decide on things
Spoiler for Script for the Scene: