AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-12-18, 09:02   Link #101
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Stargazer hoola-hop Beam Rings is indeed a overkill weapon. The only dominant force that probably can destroy & make Beam Rings a child play is non other than Super Godly Kira Yamato.Or maybe the Unstable Mind Shinn Asuka & Master CQC Athrun Zala.

Meh,I better kill some Orc after this.Contiunue this argument you guys,it is refreshing.
Old 2008-12-18, 09:08   Link #102
Sander RX

Quote:
...150 meter katana?...
With Anti-Beam coating applied.So your ring tactic want be as efficient against Gerbera Straight 105 as you think.
Quote:
with Stargazer's Beam Rings that can be stretched to reach to that extend and even more...
And when did it stretch them this far?

1.You are pretty much forgetting that those were not Stargazer's!They were "Shorty" beamrifle shots caught in its system and turned into weapon.I dont think it can do the same to a solid material like the blade of Gerbera Straight 105.
2.This haxx of Stargazer's doesnt last too long,as shown in the 3rd episode.Another unit can outlast it.
3.When using that,it isnt too fast...Strike Noir was able to keep its distance while flying backwards .

V2 would rape it.Some rings able to stretch a little?How about mighty Wings of Light that can stretch a kilometer in length?Not to mention that Minovsky Drive>Voiture Lumiere.Or how about Crossbone series?Unless Stargazer somehow catches the blade of the Beam-Zanber...its dead...deader then dead if we are talking about a Crossbone with Murasame blaster.
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 09:09   Link #103
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Lol...The point is..I don't see the Katana is any better than a normal beam saber...it used for chopping some Lame PS armor...so I don't see why that Astray can overcome Stargazer in Close Combat battle...Plus Stargazer's Voiture Lumiere Thruster which makes it a Speed Demon...

by the way...Out of Topic, but..I wonder if any of you guys knows this girl??

Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 09:20   Link #104
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

She's a character from Destiny Astray, Setona Winters I think.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 09:59   Link #105
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin View Post
Lol...The point is..I don't see the Katana is any better than a normal beam saber...it used for chopping some Lame PS armor...so I don't see why that Astray can overcome Stargazer in Close Combat battle...Plus Stargazer's Voiture Lumiere Thruster which makes it a Speed Demon...
Well to be honest, I think you're the first on this forum to see Stargazer as a great melee combat and think so highly of it.

The mech is designed to be mainly an Interstellar exploration suit with decent self defence. The VL system is a single directional travelling system to cover large distances and the speed is not used in agile maneuvers, its just its normal thrusters doing the work.

Compared to the other true beast of an Interstellar traveller, the Turn X, it is totally insignificant.

I'll skip the Red Frame because you totally don't get the significance of Gerbera Straight. Beam Sabres? Why do you even bring beam sabres into the topic when this katana has the mass and sharpness to ignore the resistance of even Phase Shift Armour, which is meant to be invincible against physical matter attacks. The Gerbera Straight is designed to slice through anything, metal, beams, barriers.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 11:30   Link #106
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
She's a character from Destiny Astray, Setona Winters I think.
Yeah...after Googling it a little with that name, I finally able to confirm that..thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Well to be honest, I think you're the first on this forum to see Stargazer as a great melee combat and think so highly of it.
Ok..First of All...no Need to be Tense here m8..I was just messing around...

And yes...I even think that I'm the only person that liked Stargazer as a Personal MS out there...I never saw any people stated that they like adore Stargazer or SOmething like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The mech is designed to be mainly an Interstellar exploration suit with decent self defence. The VL system is a single directional travelling system to cover large distances and the speed is not used in agile maneuvers, its just its normal thrusters doing the work.

Compared to the other true beast of an Interstellar traveller, the Turn X, it is totally insignificant.
True that, and of course I knew it all myself...

But I'm thinking that's because SG haven't been completed yet in the anime...and because of the anime ends like that, so I guess The only source to see the truth is the Game EA vs ZAFT 2 like I already said above

Quote:
Yeah..My Source is also ZAFT vs EA 2...
and I think VL system can be used without a laser fired from the mainShip as a thruster...If it got the laser fired, The VL system will endlessly building speed overtime, but If it's not, It can be used as a normal thruster as seen in the Game.. But it's only the matter of Incomplete Development....
as well as the Beam Ring...Why should it have to Capture Opponents Beam Shot to create the Energy Ring while Generating beams by itself is not Impossible??..Or should I say...An Easy Upgrade should be enough....The only answer I got is because it's not Completed yet...
And..another thing....The Nuclear Mines doesn't even makes sense, So I don't want to talk about it....

Once again that was just my Thoughts based on the Game..but because there's no more clue about it, I decided to believe in mine....

And yes...I'm a new fans of Gundam as well as a new fan of ANime, SO I don't know about Animes from a long time ago...I just watched both GS and GSD in this year....and with that, I don't Know anything about Turn X or stuffs related by it...I only seen it in Mahq as I like to browse through the Gundam Sources, not more....

Quote:
I'll skip the Red Frame because you totally don't get the significance of Gerbera Straight. Beam Sabres? Why do you even bring beam sabres into the topic when this katana has the mass and sharpness to ignore the resistance of even Phase Shift Armour, which is meant to be invincible against physical matter attacks. The Gerbera Straight is designed to slice through anything, metal, beams, barriers.
What I'm trying to say is...I don't know If Phase Shift armor is that great...Invulnerable to Beam Sabers??...I don't see it...I think Rau Died coz of a Hit by Freedom's beam Sabers...as well as Blitz also Destroyed with a Sword...Plus Forbidden by Yzak's Duel's Sabers....as well as Kira's Freedom...and maybe there's others but I don't recall it....
So I Always thought that Close-Combat Battle is a 1 hit KO Battle as Any Cutting Melee weapon can pierce through the cockpit so easily....

And actually I'm kinda happy coz There're more people here that Understand a lot about Gundams Specs and Stuffs...not just Kira-Athrun SF and IJ worshiper that Didn't knew a Single thing about their MS ..and only knew what they saw in the anime....I've been into some sites up until now, but it seems that I hardly found anyone that understand about Gundam Specs....So yea...glad to be here....
Old 2008-12-18, 11:53   Link #107
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

If you want people who knows the tech and specs of mecha, try Mechatalk Forums. It's slower paced than here, but they have lots of people into such things, including Gundam Guru Mark Simmons (going by the nick toysdream), who once worked for Bandai America.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-12-18, 11:56   Link #108
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If you want people who knows the tech and specs of mecha, try Mechatalk Forums. It's slower paced than here, but they have lots of people into such things, including Gundam Guru Mark Simmons (going by the nick toysdream), who once worked for Bandai America.
yup..i once looked in there..but it doesn't seems lively enough there...but I guess Joining won't hurt....thanks...
Old 2008-12-18, 11:57   Link #109
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It's not lively that's true, and it takes a while for replies to come in. But once a tech discussion gets underway, the phenomenal amount of thought and detail put into each reply is entirely worth it. Quantity over quality.

... and we are getting entirely off topic.

Old 2008-12-18, 12:09   Link #110
RAVNEN

Quote:
I never saw any people stated that they like adore Stargazer or SOmething like that...
I adore the Stargazer design & it unique beam rings.Mostly it head design & color scheme got me intrigue.Remind me of something.

One question,did Lowe use Gerbera Straight to defeat Regenerate Gundam or is Gai who defeat it using Tactical Arms?
Old 2008-12-18, 12:15   Link #111
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

now that you brought up the Regenerate To the surface..I also have one question...One of the Gundam with Coolest Design... ZGMF- X12A aka RGX 00...Testament...Where can I see it in action??...It sure's not from anime....
Old 2008-12-18, 22:16   Link #112
RAVNEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin View Post
now that you brought up the Regenerate To the surface..I also have one question...One of the Gundam with Coolest Design... ZGMF- X12A aka RGX 00...Testament...Where can I see it in action??...It sure's not from anime....
Maybe you should take a look at this website for some info.

http://www.zeonic-republic.net/forum....php?topic=3.0

Too bad Bandai are dumb enough for not release the Testament Gundam model kit.What a waste of resource & opportunity to milk more money.
Old 2008-12-22, 21:09   Link #113
Balder8472
I have a License

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Maybe you should take a look at this website for some info.

http://www.zeonic-republic.net/forum....php?topic=3.0

Too bad Bandai are dumb enough for not release the Testament Gundam model kit.What a waste of resource & opportunity to milk more money.
never underestimate bandai's ability to milk the gundam cash cow.If there's enough people who want to buy the Testament Gundam I'm sure they will release it as a gunpla
Balder8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 20:17   Link #114
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ya know, I keep reading that the Arche Gundam has a GN Buster Rifle, but...I keep looking at the picture and I don't see it.

By the way, it's design is growing on me. I like the "pupils" it has.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 20:43   Link #115
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Ya know, I keep reading that the Arche Gundam has a GN Buster Rifle, but...I keep looking at the picture and I don't see it.

By the way, it's design is growing on me. I like the "pupils" it has.
Its a GN Buster sword, not buster rifle.
Old 2008-12-23, 20:45   Link #116
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Its a GN Buster sword, not buster rifle.
No, I've seen other profiles for the Arche saying "Buster rifle" they must assume it's still part of the design. Being rebuilt from the Throne Zwei after all.
Old 2008-12-23, 21:18   Link #117
rebel one
Do the Monkey

There are no buster rifles in 00. The thing that was on Zwei's arm was a GN Hand Gun. It could be on Arche's but so far it has just been a mimi shield.
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 21:27   Link #118
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

double X's satelite canon is probaly the most powerful gun to date (it could punch through anything in a single shot), not even the twin buster of wing zero custom could top that.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 23:58   Link #119
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Check this. armament details on Arche

This unit first appears in episode 5 of season 2. It is piloted by Ali Al-Saachez and bears a striking similarity to the Gundam Throne Zwei, as it was rebuilt from the remains of its upper torso, the unit is also equipped with a Tau-Drive like the Throne Zwei. It is equipped with one crimson GN-Buster Sword, which can be slid up and down the arm for easy access similar to the beam sabers of the Seravee, a shield mounted on the left arm, which is also equipped with a GN-Buster rifle.

Must be a mistranslation or something. It's from Wikipedia, so I guess it should taken with a grain of salt.
Old 2008-12-24, 00:02   Link #120
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Check this. armament details on Arche

This unit first appears in episode 5 of season 2. It is piloted by Ali Al-Saachez and bears a striking similarity to the Gundam Throne Zwei, as it was rebuilt from the remains of its upper torso, the unit is also equipped with a Tau-Drive like the Throne Zwei. It is equipped with one crimson GN-Buster Sword, which can be slid up and down the arm for easy access similar to the beam sabers of the Seravee, a shield mounted on the left arm, which is also equipped with a GN-Buster rifle.

Must be a mistranslation or something. It's from Wikipedia, so I guess it should taken with a grain of salt.
Now i'm thinking is Ali vs. tiera that will be in the latests episodes

Then it is Setsuna vs. Graham
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote