AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-30, 19:03   Link #5001
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Two setbacks....

("Tempest Keep was only a Setback" type setbacks?)

theory:
1. Deathwing is too large to fit into his raid.
2. The new material for the Goblin Leader is overwhelming the staff.

lulz
Old 2010-04-30, 19:15   Link #5002
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Uldum's supposed to be a deserty Egyptian themed place filled with Titan ruins. It's actually an entire zone, and will probably have more than one dungeon in it. Maybe even a raid.
probably will have a kind of dire maul feeling to it lots of dungeon entrances with annoying mobs around it
Old 2010-05-02, 10:53   Link #5003
Xacual

Looks like I got hacked. Do I need to buy an authenticator with my own account? Or do I apply it to the account when I get the thing. Not 100% sure how the set up works.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 13:21   Link #5004
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Looks like I got hacked. Do I need to buy an authenticator with my own account? Or do I apply it to the account when I get the thing. Not 100% sure how the set up works.
you got hacked unlucky. I think you just apply it when you buy it.
Old 2010-05-02, 21:41   Link #5005
BlankVoid

Send a message via AIM to BlankVoid Send a message via MSN to BlankVoid
Quote:
If you have an IPhone, the authenticator is free. You will be given a code to input in your account page on the WoW site.
Old 2010-05-02, 22:25   Link #5006
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Man, that sucks...having been hacked myslf about 4 years ago, I know the feeling.

I just remember going to the Blizzard website and setting up things there. Didn't have to pay anything to do it.

Hope you get all your gear and gold restored, presuming you did lose them.
Old 2010-05-03, 21:20   Link #5007
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Start of Cata alpha has been confirmed today. However, don't go expecting the beta or release too soon. Starcraft 2 has a confirmed release date of July 27th. Definitely expecting of Q4 release for Cata now.
Old 2010-05-03, 22:06   Link #5008
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They have started posting in game images in place of there screenshot of the day section. So far we have a Gilgoblin, The Blasted Lands (I kid you not), Brill, the Swamp of Sarrows, and what looks like the Stonelion Mountains.
Old 2010-05-04, 13:32   Link #5009
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Eh somewhat disappointed. Looks cool, but they used the same dragon model like every other dragon. It's alpha, so i hope his models improves.
(can i haz female worgen plox )

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/c...-alpha-update/
Old 2010-05-04, 13:59   Link #5010
Kunagisa

Don't kill me for this but my first thought was the head looks so much like that red god dragon from Yu Gi Oh <__<.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 16:17   Link #5011
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Don't kill me for this but my first thought was the head looks so much like that red god dragon from Yu Gi Oh <__<.
Scyther the sky dragon? meh he's missin a extra mouth. but maaan he looks bad ass.
Old 2010-05-04, 22:58   Link #5012
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Deathwings model looks pretty awesome. His chin is almost as big as Varian's.
Old 2010-05-05, 19:01   Link #5013
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Few things have appeared over the last couple of days:

1. Details on how the removal of spell/move ranks and scaling with level will work:

Quote:
We're changing the levels at which every class gets spells and abilities. It's one of the major factors behind the talent tree changes.

The abilities just improve the second you ding. Trainers only teach new spells.

1. The gain is every level. You don't have to reach certain milestones for your Shadow Bolt damage to increase. One of the scaling problems we have currently is that any spell without a level 80 rank starts to fall behind. Imagine Shadow Bolt just has 85 (free and automatic) ranks.

2. We changed the level at which you get abilities, in some cases dramatically. Currently, you get showered with abilities at low level, many of which aren't even useful when soloing. By sliding these around we have every class to where you get an ability about every odd level. There are still some dry spells for some classes, but then you have talents and other things that fill in some blanks.

3. Related, the spell book tells you at what level you will get future abilities so you can plan accordingly. In addition, when you ding, the UI tells you not only about newly available spells, but also systems and mechanics not tied to your class trainer, such as the ability to train riding, dual spec or use Dungeon Finder. It's pretty sweet. Our UI team is kicking some major booty for Cataclysm.
2. You can only use the Dungeion LFG tool to zone into an instance if you have been in its vicinity before.

3. Artwork of the new zones is quite nice.

Last weekend was interesting for me. The GDKP group I roll with did 11/12 ICC25 in 3 hours with 3 HMs (Marrowgar, Gunship and Rotface). I spent a crapload at this GDKP - Heroic Frozen Bonespike = 21k. Heroic Ring of Rapid Ascent = 18k. Shadow Silk Spindle = 12k. A lock paid 51k for Heroic Dislodged Foreign Object while another one paid 25k for Phylactery from Sindragosa. Final pot was 9900g. If this keeps up to Cata, do like.
Old 2010-05-06, 04:51   Link #5014
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

What kind of mad server are you on lol, Tarren Mill EU is only around 6/12 Normal icc25. Premade Pugs did do 11/12 though. But i don't see them doing any HM beside Gunship yet.

Guild i'm in is at 8/12 25man HC. Btw, what a insane prices How much gold are you sitting on? Most people don't even have 10k to spend let a lone 12k on just a single item I should try some GDKP, but we only got TOC25 GDKP here. And usually it takes ages for that to fill up.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 07:27   Link #5015
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
What kind of mad server are you on lol, Tarren Mill EU is only around 6/12 Normal icc25. Premade Pugs did do 11/12 though. But i don't see them doing any HM beside Gunship yet.

Guild i'm in is at 8/12 25man HC. Btw, what a insane prices How much gold are you sitting on? Most people don't even have 10k to spend let a lone 12k on just a single item I should try some GDKP, but we only got TOC25 GDKP here. And usually it takes ages for that to fill up.
Blackrock. 3 Alliance and 5 Horde guilds on 11/12 HMs. (Old school server. Aussies + Singapore dominate Alliance, US dominates Horde) Was at 90k before that GDKP, now back a bit below 50k but I should get to around 100k soon hopefully. I did some major spending last week for gearing sake and diplomacy. That should keep me as a regular along with my decent DPS results.

On Blackrock, I think 5th alts do ToC now maybe, hehe. ToC GDKPs were doing 2k on average at the start and 3k if the good trinkets dropped. Now they pull very little. 6/12 is standard for ICC pugs, 9/12 in the good ones and 11/12 in the very good ones. The one I'm in is mainly main raiders of the equal best Alliance guild on BR playing their primary alts along with guild guests (like me). No nonsense tolerated, make it short but sweet.

I don't know what the economies on other servers is like. But on Blackrock, there's this clown called Gemcutterz, who spends 16 hours a day on the AH with an undercut bot. Plus he sells TCG mounts. And there's a few other that do similar but on smaller scales. So there's loaded people around. GDKPs is seen as a way to make raiding outside of a main raid fun and worth going to (frost badges are not enough to rock up to ICC and get only them).
Old 2010-05-06, 08:25   Link #5016
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Spoiler for Cata:
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 11:56   Link #5017
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Daaaaaaamn.

*cough*
um, fascinating.
Old 2010-05-06, 18:13   Link #5018
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Okay...A LOT of info about Cata appeared in the last 24 hours. Loads of screnshots and info on professions. I'm just going to link it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/c...-alpha-198562/

New/revamped zones look super special awesome!
Old 2010-05-07, 13:05   Link #5019
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yeah that is a lot of stuff. Some is not finished yet.

Spoiler for CATA spoilers based on images without mobs.:
Old 2010-05-07, 15:04   Link #5020
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

The new information is great, Its very surprising to see so much detail not like last time.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows