AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2015-03-19, 16:16   Link #1
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

Recording with VLC

To make things short, I have VLC player and read up online that its capable of streaming/recording. Streaming is something I don't really care for however have abit of a desire to record some things.

I did managed to record some video for testing, however several problems came up.
1. The video itself was more or less lagging terribly to the movement of the video was unwatchable
2. There was no audio.

Is there anything else I need for this recording to work properly?

I can't really spend money on things like recording software so VLC is my only real thing too use.
Dominic Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 23:22   Link #2
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Night View Post
To make things short, I have VLC player and read up online that its capable of streaming/recording. Streaming is something I don't really care for however have abit of a desire to record some things.

I did managed to record some video for testing, however several problems came up.
1. The video itself was more or less lagging terribly to the movement of the video was unwatchable
2. There was no audio.

Is there anything else I need for this recording to work properly?

I can't really spend money on things like recording software so VLC is my only real thing too use.
If you're going to stream or record, i recommend to use something like OBS (https://obsproject.com/) instead of using VLC which doesn't sound good at all.

OBS is free and is widely used especially to stream to online sites like ustream, twitch, and etc.

When i use OBS, i get audio on my streams and recordings. You can play with the audio settings too. The only thing you'll need to stream is a good internet and a good processor (I7 preferred). Since you're not streaming, you'll just need a good processor preferably with 4 cores with hyperthreading.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 11:39   Link #3
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

Oh

The slight problem with that is, I have a pre-built computer (i5 is the only thing I'm certain know I have.) that may not have any of those things that seems required OBS, atleast what you suggested.
Old 2015-03-21, 09:43   Link #4
cyth
Banned

You can record pretty well with an i5 depending on what kind of resolution you want the output video to be. OBS is good because it received some optimizations from Intel directly. VLC isn't bad but just doesn't have that advantage. Under OBS Settings, go to Broadcast Settings and select File Output Only. Then under Video you set your resolution. Try out different resolutions what works. Something will.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 13:30   Link #5
IceHism

Quote:
Oh

The slight problem with that is, I have a pre-built computer (i5 is the only thing I'm certain know I have.) that may not have any of those things that seems required OBS, atleast what you suggested.
Most desktop I5s have 4 cores. I don't know which model # or generation you have but it can't be too bad. I can't guarantee that you will make 720-1080p videos but if you aren't recording anything too intensive like games or video editing, then you should be perfectly fine.
Old 2015-03-23, 12:07   Link #6
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Most desktop I5s have 4 cores. I don't know which model # or generation you have but it can't be too bad. I can't guarantee that you will make 720-1080p videos but if you aren't recording anything too intensive like games or video editing, then you should be perfectly fine.
Not sure if this is of help.
Dell - Inspiron 660 (Win7 - 64-bit)
Old 2015-03-23, 19:26   Link #7
IceHism

Quote:
Not sure if this is of help.
Dell - Inspiron 660 (Win7 - 64-bit)
Yea, that works perfectly fine