Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2014-03-21, 21:40   Link #1
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

Kaspersky block a trojan

...But it still there?

Hello, recently looking on a (manga)site my Kaspersky system blocked a trojan (or so I think).

'HEUR trojan script iframer' It says its inactive along with the URL of the site.
Also got a McAfee program forced in the drivers, Hshieldk . (although I manually deleted that one)

Cleaned out the temp and other internet files. And it says that I don't have anything, but did say I had several vulnerabilities.

Could anyone help?
Dominic Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 06:13   Link #2
sneaker

"Vulnerabilities" means vulnerabilities in your software, right? Those are not viruses but (usually outdated) software that has known security issues. Hackers try to exploit those for example by using specially prepared or manipulated websites that target old versions of your browser or old versions of the browser plug-ins (Adobe Flash Player, Sun Java JRE and Adobe Reader being the most notable ones).
The solution is to update all these softwares to their newest versions (and preferably to get rid of things you don't absolutely need, very few websites need the Java plug-in nowadays but a lot of manipulated websites target it. Adobe Reader can be replaced by e.g. PDF X-Change Reader)

I don't know what browser you are using, but consider doing the following:
- switch to Google Chrome (it silently auto-updates itself and the integrated Flash Player)
- deinstall Java (or deactivate the browser plug-in or at least keep it up-to-date)
- deinstall/replace Adobe Reader (Chrome comes with a reader inbuilt)
- use the Adblock or Adblock Plus extension

http://support.kaspersky.com/learnin...er3.2/section2
http://support.kaspersky.com/learnin...er3.2/section1
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 09:29   Link #3
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Night View Post
HEUR
This is the obvious thing you should be looking at, as anything that has been flagged by heuristics should be taken with a pinch of salt since heuristic detection isn't 100% accurate.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 01:29   Link #4
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Just to add to what sneaker is saying, if you browse on websites (like YouTube) that require web plug-ins (e.g. Flash, Java), a handy way of reducing the chances of getting attacked through vulnerabilities in said plug-ins is to the activate the "click-to-play" feature of your web browser, blocking the plug-ins from running until you choose to.
  • In Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11, you can use a feature known as ActiveX filtering. Follow the steps listed here.
  • In Firefox, open the Add-Ons page (Ctrl + Shift + A), select Plugins on the left, then for each plugin you wish to activate click-to-play, change the dropdown option from "Always Activate" to "Ask to Activate". I strongly recommend enabling "Ask to Activate" for the major plugins, namely Flash, Java, Quicktime and Silverlight. Adobe Reader is less prevalent since Firefox uses it's own inbuilt PDF viewer by default.
  • In Chrome, open the Content Settings (chrome://settings/content), scroll down to Plug-ins, then select the radio button that says "Click to play".
Old 2014-04-04, 12:12   Link #5
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

Sorry for the late reply, did a fix of the Vulnerabilities. I'm using IE.
Truth of the matter is I'm not as good with a computer as I had hoped.

Recently I(my mother) had update the subscription to the Kaspersky with its 3 days remaining. We had problems with it going from Anti-virus to Internet security. Well we managed to get it to the Anti-virus part.

However I cam across something in the sys32 folder
perfc009.dat
perfh009.dat
perfStringBackup.INI
edited;
and now FNTCACHE.DAT

These three appeared to be modified eachtime I start up the computer.

edited2; they appear to modify at random.

Last edited by Dominic Night; 2014-04-04 at 12:38.
Dominic Night is offline   Reply With Quote