Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-08-26, 23:07   Link #101
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I guess I missed the fact another aquarium is going to open in in the center of town. Gama Gama really is doomed. Why did the situation get so bad in the first place anyway?
Probably a matter of location and urbanisation making it so people prefer to drive shorter distances for a more modern facility.
Old 2021-08-28, 08:48   Link #102
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

relaxing episode.

Fuuka getting stronger from lifting things. lol

that's a good publicity, bringing the marine life to the hospital for the children to enjoy.

new aquarium being constructed?? This looks like more trouble for them..

looking forward to next week.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-30, 02:52   Link #103
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

From Megami (some people will be disappointed):

Spoiler for Not to NSFW:

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2021-09-16 at 19:01.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 17:05   Link #104
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That woman sure was a bitch. I understand her being peeved she was being trained by a high school girl though. A high school girl who made it pretty clear she wasn't welcome, too.

I'm thinking they might really pull the long lost twin card with Kukuru. I assumed her sister was dead because her book is blank and she appeared in her "dream" at Gama Gama, but the vet's baby also appeared in her dream and obviously, he was alive.
Old 2021-09-02, 20:54   Link #105
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Chiyu really got a big head she just dosnt see that customers having fun at the aquarium

Fuuka really got the hang of the penguins
Old 2021-09-03, 01:24   Link #106
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Kukuru was right. Chiyu completely missed the point she'd been sent there to learn. She's too focused on career-building to notice the deeper things that matter. I'm old enough now to have crossed over to the other side, but I remember what that was like. This side is much better.

There's got to be something coming that will change the game. Gama Gama closing down, ginormous new aquarium opening up, that can't just shuffle along for another 15 episodes. Plus the fish head-eating youkai still has to get into the action.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 06:59   Link #107
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 9:

Chiyu is just as pretty as Fuuka, but sadly.. Chiyu is impatient on things, she did not realize that grandpa is trying to teach her something important. Maybe she will return?

that is very large new aquarium being constructed. Things look bad for Gama Gama. Even if they somehow survive the closure month, they might be in danger again because the new aquarium will suck in a lot of visitors.

Fuuka seems to have received an important call from the idol who took her spot... interesting to know what they talked about.
Old 2021-09-04, 06:46   Link #108
Liddo-kun
is this so?

just want to add a bit more..

Chiyu sees the kids playing cards at Gama Gama as a negative thing. However, I think this is only normal.. can relate as someone who owns four aquariums, have been taking care of fish since I was in grade school.. yeah, I like the fish, and care about them.. but I don't look at them all the time. When get home in the afternoons, I play video games and chat on forums. In the morning, feed the fish, check if the air pumps are running, see if someone is stressed (would be too nerdy if I elaborate), and enjoy watching them. The point is, doing something else does not mean I don't care about the fish. Those kids in the anime like the fishy environment, but they don't have to look at them all the time, playing cards is fine.

here is one of my tanks in case someone likes to see.

Spoiler:
Old 2021-09-05, 00:03   Link #109
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

No!! Someone must stops Kukuru! She must be hiding chainsaw and axe in her bag to "finish" Chiyu

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-09, 17:08   Link #110
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Only a few days until the deadline, and nothing has improved. There is no conceivable way Kukuru can save Gama Gama. I guess the broken dream was hers all along since things are actually looking up for Fuuka. I think the aquarium will close down at the end of the cour and there'll be a timekskip.
Old 2021-09-09, 20:51   Link #111
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Kukuru it seems like its not working out to well

Fuuka seems to begetting a break but at less she can confided in Kukuru

Kai wakes up way to early
Old 2021-09-12, 06:35   Link #112
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 10:

first of all, would have to say that Kukuru taking away the watermelon when they were eating is rude! Fuuka might be still wanting to eat one. Kukuru should be glad her friend is getting another chance to reach her dream again.

also Kai did the right thing to not say that he saw a vision. If he said he saw one, then Kukuru would keep trying to advertise it.
Old 2021-09-16, 17:09   Link #113
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We finally found out the reason Gama Gama is closing down after 11 episodes: the facility is too old and has gotten very hard to maintain. It took a typhoon for Kukuru to finally accept it's time to draw the curtain.

So next week the aquarium closes down, and then I'm not sure where the story will go.
Old 2021-09-16, 20:53   Link #114
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well one last ditch effort to try to keep Gama Gama open acting like a spoiled little kid But that typhoon really showed how of a rough shape it is in

Obaa is just one step head of Fuuka
Old 2021-09-17, 01:14   Link #115
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

"You think it'll last forever - people, and cars, and concrete. But it won't. And one day, it's all gone. Even the sky."

Gama Gama's time may have come, but Kukuru made a valiant last stand. Looks like they didn't have any animal casualties.

Question - How often do Okinawa and the Japanese home islands get hit by typhoons, and how big are the typhoons? How do the typhoons compare to the hurricanes that hit the US? It seems like there's always one blowing into one anime or drama series or the other, and then everyone just picks up and carries on the next day. Is their infrastructure that much better than what we have in Texas or Louisiana?

Next week, it may be about time for the fish-head-eating yokai to get into the action. Something big has to happen that will set up the second half of the series. Also, I'm guessing Fuuka won't be taking that movie role...
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 02:32   Link #116
EroKing

I bet there will be a timeskip where Kukuru's grandparents have passed away and most of them doing their own thing for a while. Kukuru working hard for years, probably at that big new aquarium in the city to make enough money to build a new Gama Gama from scratch. The story moving from a girl trying to save her home to building a new one.
Old 2021-09-17, 04:40   Link #117
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
I bet there will be a timeskip where Kukuru's grandparents have passed away and most of them doing their own thing for a while. Kukuru working hard for years, probably at that big new aquarium in the city to make enough money to build a new Gama Gama from scratch. The story moving from a girl trying to save her home to building a new one.
That's actully a good option. They already done a timeskip in NagiAsu before after all.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 08:51   Link #118
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 11:

when Fuuka arrived at the aquarium during the stormy night.. the first thing Kukuru should have done is to let her in. It's dangerous outside in the storm.. we see later that the waves can fling rocks. Kukuru should have let her in, instead of asking several questions why Fuuka went there.

and Kukuru is lucky her friend went to accompany her. Because if she's alone, she would have been traumatized and unable to do something when the glass start breaking, and the generator ran out.

grandpa is so calm in dealing with things. His experience in these things really shows.

looking forward to next week.
Old 2021-09-17, 09:15   Link #119
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Question - How often do Okinawa and the Japanese home islands get hit by typhoons, and how big are the typhoons? How do the typhoons compare to the hurricanes that hit the US? It seems like there's always one blowing into one anime or drama series or the other, and then everyone just picks up and carries on the next day. Is their infrastructure that much better than what we have in Texas or Louisiana?
On average, three to four typhoons hit Okinawa in a given year, mostly between August and September. A tropical system is referred to as a typhoon when its wind speeds exceed 118 km/h (same as a Category 1 hurricane). The average storm moves at around 16-24 km/h, although fast-movers can hit speeds of 60 km/h.

Moreover, Okinawa and its history of typhoons mean that buildings are designed to resist typhoons. Assuming The Aquatope on White Sand's satisfies these criteria of 1) being an indirect hit with 2) slightly less intense winds and 3) moving at a decent speed, I would suggest that everything we see is plausible.

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2021-09-17 at 13:27.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 12:53   Link #120
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So next week the aquarium closes down, and then I'm not sure where the story will go.
Me neither, but it's got another thirteen episodes to get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
I would suggest that everything we see is plausible.
I've been hit a few times by large hurricanes while living in New England. I think it's plausible as well. Getting the power back on so quickly was my only quibble. Power lines for a place like Gama Gama might be underground despite the overhead power lines we see routinely in anime. We lost power for a week in our Boston suburb because many of the streets in our neighborhood had Norway maple trees all of which were planted about the same time and now whose time had come. Branches and power lines down everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to see this show move in that direction either. I expect Fuuka to take the movie role, too.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2021-09-17 at 13:05.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote