AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-14, 22:09   Link #441
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

If there is a new series, I hope they shy away from the world-conflict aspect a bit and bring it back to a single mission or set of missions arc//series...After SEED/OO let's give the universe a damn break and bring it back down to intricate game within the game type missions (8th MS team style)...It would be great to see Gundams fighting in the jungle again while I'm at it^^...

Let's just bring it back down to Earth, and maybe let's actually make the tech important again (Like the Anaheim years), keep it simple so that you don't completely have to flip the series on it's a$$ because of the over-poweredness of the Gundam...The problem with the last 2 incarnations is that in the end they left no room for growth based on the tech...It's Strike-Freedom vs. 00 Qan or nothing...Lets suppress the tech, and bring it back to the motherland...
Old 2011-01-14, 22:36   Link #442
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
"P90X Graduate"? Hah, that program is childs play.

As sad as it may be, I don't think a series like 08th would do well unless the Gundam is ZOINKS! amazing like it has been. Heck, Unicorn has the NT-D system which makes it virtually unstoppable to an extent... I guess we live in the era of Gundam that is shifting more towards Super Robot aspect and less towards realism.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 23:10   Link #443
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Pfft...., a buff child!

Super Robo $hit gettin' on my nerves though...As much as I respect Gundam OO i'm tiring of the spam...

"I want 1v1 militia battles!", said wingbuffness...
Old 2011-01-14, 23:13   Link #444
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post

As sad as it may be, I don't think a series like 08th would do well unless the Gundam is ZOINKS! amazing like it has been. Heck, Unicorn has the NT-D system which makes it virtually unstoppable to an extent... I guess we live in the era of Gundam that is shifting more towards Super Robot aspect and less towards realism.
That's a depressing reality. I can enjoy overpowered Gundams as much as the next guy but I've been hoping for a series like 08th MS Team, or at least in the neighborhood of 0083.
Old 2011-01-14, 23:25   Link #445
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I'm as much a fan of realism in Gundam as anyone claiming to be a fan... but super robot aspects have been a constant in Gundam since the One Year War, with the the entire "overpowered-monster-of-the-week-that-makes-no-sense" aspect and Newtype powers, which have made everything possible from telepathic communication to powering up mobile suits on the souls of the dead to pushing an asteroid away from Earth singlehandedly. Hell, the EXAM system's technical workings had SOULS as its primary means of operation, and that's in a UC setting.

Besides, "Real Robot" has never been about the technology itself, but rather the presentation of such technologies in the context of the whole, thus why stuff like Zone of the Enders is considered "Real" despite their mecha being super-esque in stats and abilities.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 23:40   Link #446
kakakka

I think bringing the tech back to being close to Earth is possible. It's not like they are continuing 00 here. If it's really a new series, it definitely has to start from the ground.

And, militia battles would be either be beam spam, or bullet spam if its going for realism for me. Maybe some melee/CQC, but I wouldn't expect that much.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 00:19   Link #447
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@LoweGear - We're talking context here...All this $hit is super powered, but let's contextualize it a bit and bring it back to some semblance of frugality...I mean Camille may have went all ghostdawg in Zeta vs. Cicero, but that's inventing the wheel vs. infinite gagas doing mobile doll rapage, and GN Drive Raiser slices...You can make anything subtle when you change the context...So it's not like suppressing the tech is gonna suppress the animation, I'm just talking about suppressing the framework while creating more spirited 1 v 1 battles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka
And, militia battles would be either be beam spam, or bullet spam if its going for realism for me. Maybe some melee/CQC, but I wouldn't expect that much.
Yeah, melee is what I'm talking about...
I'm talking Gouf in the jungle vs. awesome Mass Produced Gundam action! Small squadrons engaging in concentrated battles off the grid, that type stuff...It's time Gundams becomes normal suits again...
Old 2011-01-15, 00:59   Link #448
Elo the Blue

Amen wingdarkness.

Even though it used to be a non-issue for me before, I'd also like to see an AU series not have pretty boy pilots.
Old 2011-01-15, 01:18   Link #449
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh come on, guys, be honest with yourselves. You don't want a "return to real robot roots", you just want a "real return to UC."

:V
Old 2011-01-15, 01:21   Link #450
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh come on, guys, be honest with yourselves. You don't want a "return to real robot roots", you just want a "real return to UC."

I can most definitely say I don't really want a return to UC, unless it's UC.

AUs are supposed to be different, so hell, let 'em be different.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 01:28   Link #451
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Amen wingdarkness.

Even though it used to be a non-issue for me before, I'd also like to see an AU series not have pretty boy pilots.

I'll pretty much accept any character design...I'm not a Nazi on that stuff...Even the much flamed SEED characters don't faze me much (Fllay was still hawt as hell to me, even if she was Kira with a red wig^^)...I'm a fan of great looking character designs aswell, aslong as it isn't too obtusely bishee I can deal...I thought GSD's Dullindal (Durandal) was quite the elegant looking bastard, Ali-Al Saaachez without the gruff was a damn GQ model, so it's all good...

Just give me some more close combat 1 v 1 action with intense dialogue...I want more 1upsmenship, that's what made me fall in love with Gundam...Some of my favorite scenes in OO are scenes like when Graham bests Lockon in the desert or vs. the Thrones while in the Flag, Saachez using that asteroid field vs. Lockon (Saachez' piloting skills in that scene may be one of the most underrated piloting displays ever)...Stuff like that...

I mean all the uber colorful quantum wad-bursting is as cool as the F-word no doubt, but give me Char in the Zaku playing around with the Rx-78 just testing it''s skills any day of the week...Gimme Loran (TurnA) emerging from the Moon-river with the tattered cloak on bracing for battle...I just feel somewhere along the line we've lost what makes Gundam so great, it's the little things...I hope the next series will employ a little resistance; it's only logical given the pure hack of GSD and the GN God-Sparkles we've recently ingested...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon

That's debatable, but it ain't a bad place to start, or restart...
Old 2011-01-15, 01:43   Link #452
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throne Zwei View Post
They saved a bunch of useless clip shows and flashbacks. Not to mention battle scenes.
I could say the same for wing.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 01:46   Link #453
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
I can most definitely say I don't really want a return to UC, unless it's UC.

AUs are supposed to be different, so hell, let 'em be different.
Well that's what I meant with my statement. A return to UC would be UC. There's nothing saying yet that it's another AU, is there?
Old 2011-01-15, 01:51   Link #454
monster

How realistic do we want it?

monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 02:31   Link #455
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

No, I don't. I'd just like to see elements from UC I enjoyed incorporated in an AU series. In all honestly, I'd like to see a lengthy break from UC(even though I know it likely won't happen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
... Ali-Al Saaachez without the gruff was a damn GQ model, so it's all good...

Just give me some more close combat 1 v 1 action with intense dialogue...I want more 1upsmenship, that's what made me fall in love with Gundam...Some of my favorite scenes in OO are scenes like when Graham bests Lockon in the desert or vs. the Thrones while in the Flag, Saachez using that asteroid field vs. Lockon (Saachez' piloting skills in that scene may be one of the most underrated piloting displays ever)...Stuff like that...

I mean all the uber colorful quantum wad-bursting is as cool as the F-word no doubt, but give me Char in the Zaku playing around with the Rx-78 just testing it''s skills any day of the week...Gimme Loran (TurnA) emerging from the Moon-river with the tattered cloak on bracing for battle...I just feel somewhere along the line we've lost what makes Gundam so great, it's the little things...I hope the next series will employ a little resistance; it's only logical given the pure hack of GSD and the GN God-Sparkles we've recently ingested...
You're right about Ali.

Couldn't agree more with your second paragraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I could say the same for wing.
GW's clip shows came down to a scheduling issue. I'll admit, the recycled battle footage got a bit nauseating but at least it was a 90s show. SEED and it's successor were created in the 2000s; what's their excuse?
Old 2011-01-15, 02:51   Link #456
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
GW's clip shows came down to a scheduling issue. I'll admit, the recycled battle footage got a bit nauseating but at least it was a 90s show. SEED and it's successor were created in the 2000s; what's their excuse?
Well in all fairness I have caught 00 re-using footage, but at least they're few and far between.
Old 2011-01-15, 03:46   Link #457
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Pfft...., a buff child!
In your mind, maybe. You need to do it longer than 90 days to achieve "buffness".

0080 and 0083 probably had the most realism of them all.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 09:08   Link #458
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

Don't make excuses, doesn't matter if it's 80s, 90s, or 2000s, both recycled scenes and both were annoying.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 09:11   Link #459
JC...
I am a Pie

Seed had more recycled footage than MSG which was made in the late 70s...
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 11:04   Link #460
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Don't make excuses, doesn't matter if it's 80s, 90s, or 2000s, both recycled scenes and both were annoying.
The worse thing is, GSD has wrong recycled scenes.