AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-14, 12:56   Link #381
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Yeah wow that's really terrible.
It's not like BRS which had both an excuse for having CGI fights, GOOD CGI fights to begin with, and more than competent fight direction, this... this is just sad.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 13:39   Link #382
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetto View Post
A new PV that was streamed during today's NicoNico event just got uploaded.
Expect it to pop up on YouTube soon.

EDIT:
It's now up on YouTube.
Well, that looks fantastic. Anime of the season almost confirmed.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 15:20   Link #383
U<3Anime
Boo!

I was like, "Looking good, looking good....Alright CG planes and monsters that's alright I guess......*Sees some awkward looking CGI girls* Wait what!? EVEN THE GIRLS ARE CG!?".

What a bummer, indeed.
Old 2012-12-14, 15:55   Link #384
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

*sees all the complaints about CGI in Vivid Red*
My reaction :
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I can't believe their expectations went down because of that
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 16:10   Link #385
relentlessflame

*Administrator

For my part, I thought the character CG looked pretty good; it didn't stray very far in terms of look and style and the movement of the characters didn't have too much of that "far too smooth" look that plagued early CG attempts in anime (that you see a bit in the animation of the machines). But it's also hard to get too much of a sense of it from the short clips shown. I think, in the end, the use of CG allows them to animate things they probably wouldn't otherwise be able to present nicely within the budget assigned, so I'm okay with it as long as it looks good. (Of course "looking good" is a matter of taste.)
Old 2012-12-14, 16:34   Link #386
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'm not too surprised because of Strike Witches. I guess this shows that using CG for fights was Takamura's decision instead of a budget limitation on Gonzo's part.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 16:40   Link #387
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
For my part, I thought the character CG looked pretty good; it didn't stray very far in terms of look and style and the movement of the characters didn't have too much of that "far too smooth" look that plagued early CG attempts in anime (that you see a bit in the animation of the machines). But it's also hard to get too much of a sense of it from the short clips shown. I think, in the end, the use of CG allows them to animate things they probably wouldn't otherwise be able to present nicely within the budget assigned, so I'm okay with it as long as it looks good. (Of course "looking good" is a matter of taste.)
Your posts are always so freaking optimistic, it normally manages to get my hopes up, but this time it didn't =/

It looked...bad. A bunch of crotch/butt shots of middle-school girls(not a bad thing necessarily but those type of shows usually have awful story/characters), and bad CGI. Will still check it though, but expecting nothing major from it.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 16:43   Link #388
tsunade666

First reaction on the pv. Nice ass... I mean spats

I'm fine with the cg. Question! I didn't look at the seiyuu list but I feel that its Yoshika-chan instead Akane-chan. Strike witches seiyuu?

I will be loving this one. Just like how I love strike witches nice pv.
Old 2012-12-14, 17:10   Link #389
xizro345
King's Justice

I admit I watched the trailer without focusing so I didn't notice the girls were in CG. As long it's not badly done I don't mind, stuff similarly done in other shows I watched (Stratos, Buso Shinki) didn't bother me that much.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 17:17   Link #390
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Your posts are always so freaking optimistic, it normally manages to get my hopes up, but this time it didn't =/

It looked...bad. A bunch of crotch/butt shots of middle-school girls(not a bad thing necessarily but those type of shows usually have awful story/characters), and bad CGI. Will still check it though, but expecting nothing major from it.
Well, as I said before, I came into this expecting it to be like Strike Witches. So from that perspective, the trailer was in line with my expectations, including in the action scenes.

It could very well be that this isn't your type of show, and there's nothing wrong with that either.
Old 2012-12-14, 17:42   Link #391
Midonin
Last Engage

I'm glad that it looks character-driven, and the main piece of technology is both futuristic and fictional. I may actually be able to discuss this series.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 20:10   Link #392
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

How can you guys judge the CG on less than a second of it?
You guys never fail to amaze me.

Honestly, it looked good to me, although I have to see an entire minute of the CG to make a better judgment.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 21:44   Link #393
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Will have to wait to the actual show starts airing to be sure, but I thought that looked pretty good.

What I actually enjoyed the most from the PV were all the really cheesy POWER OF FRIENDSHIP LETS FIGHT TOGETHER lines they were sprouting out. Excellent.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 04:11   Link #394
klare

the PV shows this one will continue the proud tradition of strike witches
Old 2012-12-16, 04:34   Link #395
EroKing

Girls in the PV looked fine imo, going to watch this for sure.
Old 2012-12-16, 04:36   Link #396
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

i'd prefer more Strike witches. This one looks quite pale in comparison (
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 17:44   Link #397
jetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
i'd prefer more Strike witches. This one looks quite pale in comparison (
According to Akagi Haruyasu, the executive director of anime CGI studio Anima, the production of a third season of Strike Witches is very likely to start following Vivid Red Operation.
Spoiler for Spoilers about the Strike Witches movie:

I think that comparing VRO to SW is a bit unfair, since the only connection is Takamura.
jetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 17:56   Link #398
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
I think that comparing VRO to SW is a bit unfair, since the only connection is Takamura.
That's true, but Takamura played a big part in SW. And saying things like, "This show uses CG girls like SW," or, "This show focuses on girls' rears like SW ," doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
Old 2012-12-16, 18:07   Link #399
jetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
"This show uses CG girls like SW,"
I believe he said:
Quote:
"As the mecha is drawn using 3D CG and the like, it becomes a very extensive thing and as such, the battle action becomes interesting. Please look forward to it!".
I'm sure that, in the fights, the girls won't be animated using CG all the time.
Since A-1 is a studio that often hires animators for various fight scenes and the like, sakuga moments in fights will probably be an occurring thing.
jetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 18:22   Link #400
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
I believe he said:

I'm sure that, in the fights, the girls won't be animated using CG all the time.
Since A-1 is a studio that often hires animators for various fight scenes and the like, sakuga moments in fights will probably be an occurring thing.
Honestly, I hope A-1 takes that approach as well. What I figured from the trailer was that Takamura uses CG intentionally for more freedom with camera angles and movement without being limited by the animators he has. I would prefer if they only used it for the mecha and left most of the action for traditional animation though.

Tags
action, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, science fiction