AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-03-17, 11:45   Link #481
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

SSJG is looking great for me. It goes so against the grain compared to the other SSJ Transformations, and with great reason;

All normal SSJ forms require rage for the first transformation (or heavy power) SSJG is against the grain because it requires 6 pure-hearted saiyans to transform goku into SSJG. Which means it's a much, much tamer transformation... It fits the concept better than that fanfic-horrid SSJ4-with-golden-hair idiocy.
Old 2013-03-17, 13:38   Link #482
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
They didn't meet him yet.
Bah, that's right, I don't know why I kept thinking that Pan had been born yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Heck, he hasn't been born yet.
He would have been born, Pan was five, when he was ten. So he'd be a tot during the time of the movie, with Videl pregnant with Pan. I would imagine he was born almost exactly when Kid Buu died, being that he's the reincarnation of Kid Buu.
Old 2013-03-17, 17:52   Link #483
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
He would have been born, Pan was five, when he was ten. So he'd be a tot during the time of the movie, with Videl pregnant with Pan. I would imagine he was born almost exactly when Kid Buu died, being that he's the reincarnation of Kid Buu.
Oh, yeah your right.
Old 2013-03-17, 21:27   Link #484
DeathStrike
SLASH!

Akira Toriyama Interview (Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods)
Old 2013-03-17, 21:50   Link #485
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man I thought that this movie was suffering GT syndrome since everybody but Goku is useless but if that spoiler it's true....

"Do you write things down when you come up with those ideas and background stories?
Akira Toriyama: No, I don’t, that’s why I forget a lot. If I don’t forget those ideas, then I won’t need to come up with new ideas. Do you remember Super Saiyan 3?

Yes, I remember, Goku grows his hair long.
Akira Toriyama: That’s right, but actually I forgot about it and I thought that was Super Saiyan 2, even though I created those characters"
Wow. Guess Toriyama really stopped caring back in the Buu saga.

Also this must have been where Toriyama got the idea for Super Saiyan God

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 22:26   Link #486
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Toriyama needs to retire. Nuff said.
Old 2013-03-17, 22:32   Link #487
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Man I thought that this movie was suffering GT syndrome since everybody but Goku is useless but if that spoiler it's true....

"Do you write things down when you come up with those ideas and background stories?
Akira Toriyama: No, I don’t, that’s why I forget a lot. If I don’t forget those ideas, then I won’t need to come up with new ideas. Do you remember Super Saiyan 3?

Akira Toriyama: That’s right, but actually I forgot about it and I thought that was Super Saiyan 2, even though I created those characters"

Also this must have been where Toriyama got the idea for Super Saiyan God

Agreed.

Instead of the "False SSJ" with a berserk mode and all white eye and a yellow powerup. He went for an all red Goku with Kai-oh-ken style powerup similar to Mystic Gohan. As said in the previous comments I also really do think that the old Kai knows the SSJ God and trained Gohan to be similar to it.

Iam pretty sure that 6 SS gathering will be so similar to where Trunks,Bra,Gohan,Goten lend their powers to Vegeta-Baby where they spin around while Vegeta Baby absorbs their Saiyan energy to powerup.
Old 2013-03-17, 23:39   Link #488
huynhlan

I don't know if this was already discuss or not but the spoiler said that 6 pure saiyan was needed to achieve ssjg but how are gohan, trunk, goten "pure" not to mention pan, she is like a quater so how does that work? Also it seem like goku had throw away the kaioken tech. forever. Toriyama could have make it a different color to make it unique so people don't get confuse from one form to another. The same apply to gohan's mystic form, we can't even tell if he is in mystic form or just his regular form when he fight.
huynhlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 07:50   Link #489
GDB

Pure of heart, not pure blooded.

For Kaio-ken, it was discarded because Super Saiyan is more powerful, and can't be combined. For Mystic Gohan, check his eyes and hair. Both change slightly when he goes Mystic.

Also, anyone else think when (if...) the movie comes out in the US, it might be changed to like, "Battle of the Guardians" or something? You know how Funi is with the whole "God" thing in DBZ. Could even change it to Super Saiyan Guardian (which I'd actually prefer, since that makes it far less cringe worthy).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 12:59   Link #490
huynhlan

oh pure of heart, thanks, my bad.
Anyway how popular do you guy think this movie is going to be, will it be more popular than the latest one piece movie in japan, I know it will be popular in america but even it recieve the same treatment in japan since it has been awhile since dbz/kai ended. I hope it come out in america this summer.
huynhlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 13:04   Link #491
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post

It's not related to the Buu saga. He's always been incredibly forgetful. He had problems even when he was in the middle of writing the manga (he said having the Daizenshuu around would have greatly helped him out). I always took it as him never caring all that much about Dragon Ball in the first place. It was little more than a job for him. A mangaka who truly pours his soul into his work wouldn't forget so much about it.
Old 2013-03-18, 15:40   Link #492
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by huynhlan View Post
Anyway how popular do you guy think this movie is going to be, will it be more popular than the latest one piece movie in japan, I know it will be popular in america but even it recieve the same treatment in japan since it has been awhile since dbz/kai ended. I hope it come out in america this summer.
I doubt it'll top One Piece film Z. That movie was received so well by the fanbase and in terms of sales. Upon its opening, It Earned Japan's #1 Opening Weekend of 2012 Grossing ¥750 million ($9 million US).
Old 2013-03-18, 19:01   Link #493
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pure of heart, not pure blooded.

For Kaio-ken, it was discarded because Super Saiyan is more powerful, and can't be combined. For Mystic Gohan, check his eyes and hair. Both change slightly when he goes Mystic.

Also, anyone else think when (if...) the movie comes out in the US, it might be changed to like, "Battle of the Guardians" or something? You know how Funi is with the whole "God" thing in DBZ. Could even change it to Super Saiyan Guardian (which I'd actually prefer, since that makes it far less cringe worthy).
Hmm, even though it was just anime filler, there was moment when Goku used the Kaio-ken while he was a Full-Power Super Saiyan. So he kind of combined them, but then the fight was non canon.

It will come to the US, not sure if it will be released in theaters(limited of course) or straight to Blu Ray and DVD. I hoping they don't chance the name but chances are they may have to, due to not wanting to offend religions or something like that. Interesting name, or how Divine Super Saiyan ?
Old 2013-03-18, 20:51   Link #494
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Hmm, even though it was just anime filler, there was moment when Goku used the Kaio-ken while he was a Full-Power Super Saiyan. So he kind of combined them, but then the fight was non canon.

It will come to the US, not sure if it will be released in theaters(limited of course) or straight to Blu Ray and DVD. I hoping they don't chance the name but chances are they may have to, due to not wanting to offend religions or something like that. Interesting name, or how Divine Super Saiyan ?
I think that happened in the Pai-Kohan fight, but only for a second because Kai-oh Ken+SS meant more strain on the body. It's a temporary burst just to hit Paikohan hard.

Imho they shouldn't change anything, it's not religious since it's just a name. I'll be damned if they renamed it the Legendary "Red Saiyan" lolz
Old 2013-03-18, 21:46   Link #495
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's not related to the Buu saga. He's always been incredibly forgetful. He had problems even when he was in the middle of writing the manga (he said having the Daizenshuu around would have greatly helped him out). I always took it as him never caring all that much about Dragon Ball in the first place. It was little more than a job for him. A mangaka who truly pours his soul into his work wouldn't forget so much about it.
Yeah, it kinda gives that vibe to me too... It's not like this is an episodic comedy series or something... You shouldn't just forget major plot points like that. Pretty annoying.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 18:53   Link #496
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Some of the reactions of the fans after seeing SSj God where meh...
Some are optimistic that because they will have more DB animes in the future.
Now Iam wondering will Akira Toriyama pay more attention to his story.
Old 2013-03-19, 19:21   Link #497
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Movies/specials will be as far as it goes from now on. Toriyama just doesn't have the passion, energy, drive, desire, and ambition, to do another series.
Old 2013-03-20, 01:38   Link #498
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Sadly true, but the passion of loyal fans are still there.

Games though are rising.

Spoiler for SSJ God in Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale:
Old 2013-03-20, 06:22   Link #499
GDB

You'd think they'd try to fit Future Trunks into something again, given how he's still so popular (and still used in marketing stuff).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 10:50   Link #500
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Future Trunks even got his own game sequel telling how he fights Buu. Too bad it's only for the PSP.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2013-03-20 at 13:05.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote