AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-18, 04:53   Link #21
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Yeah, I kept my eyes for this show for a while now. I'm definitly sold. I think this series will be one of the really good one. And it is for girls as well as boys. (I think). Hopefully it won't end up as a childish hack'n'slash anime like many other shows. And Bones produced Scrapped Princess and FMA! This will be so exciting!
Old 2006-03-18, 09:54   Link #22
DaFool
Resident devil

Thank god, the mention that this may not be shounen-ai renewed my interest in this series. Everything's now riding on the production values of this show...they better have awesome backgrounds and music...but maybe holding something up to Juuni Kokki may be a little bit unfair...
Old 2006-03-18, 11:09   Link #23
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
please let it be shounen ai.. ;-;

i don't really like bones but i'm really expecting juohsei and Ohran host club!! ^^
Old 2006-03-21, 02:34   Link #24
SpecterVR
Calming Everyday Life

http://jyu-oh-sei.com/ <- Site?

The ANN link up there shows a different name and that site, and the character looked interesting. Any other information I can find on it from anyone who read the manga itself?
Old 2006-03-21, 07:35   Link #25
DaFool
Resident devil

Please merge with this thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30059
Old 2006-04-13, 11:25   Link #26
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
wow, I just saw that Hajime Mizoguchi is doing the music. *distracted*
I ONLY JUST NOTICED THIS How awesome is that?

I am SO excited about this airing tonight; the official website has finally updated properly and the artwork looks absolutely bloody incredible; if the story's anywhere near as good as the mangaka's other works I am going to be totally obsessed with this show...
Old 2006-04-13, 18:55   Link #27
BluWacky
尻の竜

I'm shattered, but VERY brief first impressions:

First episode AMAZING.

OP song TERRIBLE.

That is all.
Old 2006-04-13, 19:45   Link #28
musouka

To mirror BluWacky...

Best anime of the season, worst OP of the season.
Old 2006-04-13, 20:05   Link #29
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Waaaaah, good news about the first episode. VERY good news.

I really hope it's not only eleven episodes, though. That's the number AniDB gives...
Old 2006-04-13, 21:13   Link #30
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
That's promising. I've been looking forward to this quite a bit and my excitement only grows at the news that BONES strikes again.
Old 2006-04-13, 23:09   Link #31
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps and OP/ED

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-13, 23:28   Link #32
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Is your guess about the number of episodes based on the fact that the website has set up "Story" bits for 11 episodes, or was there any other confirmation?

Because the website is rather inconclusive. Not that I am trying for wishful thinking here, but I do wonder is the magazines have any say on this?
Old 2006-04-14, 00:02   Link #33
aardvark

OP isn't THAT bad. I don't exactly like it but I won't go out of my to skip it if that makes any sense.

Also, I know he isn't responsible, but the character designs just scream Nobuteru Yuuki.
Old 2006-04-14, 05:59   Link #34
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Well, that's was very good indeed!

I agree that the OP wasn't all that bad. I could listen to it and not cringe, so I am not sure what you guys disliked about it. It's not my top song, but it's certainly better than most of the other stuff we get. Animation is rather well-made as well.

As far as the show itself, it was as interesting as you've said. I wouldn't necessarily put this as the best show of the season, but it's definitely in the top 3 along with The Tale of Two Haruhi's. 8) The story is definitely the most promising one, and I am even more uncertain that this is going to take just 11 episodes. It looks to me that this is not set in stone and the website could be just inconclusive (it didn't acutally say: 11 eps max).

Hajime Mizoguchi is one again excellent with his cello playing. Pay attention to the scene where the brothers are landing of the Chimaera, it's simply breathtaking.

Animation seems to be good, background art varies a lot and is quite inventive (the planet itself looks like it was designed in depth and with lots of different beautiful locations to stage action in), artwork is consistent and so far I like the character designs. The two brothers look like they had extensive work done on them, both by the charadesigner and the scriptwriters, as they are both very well fleshed out. We get to see both their personalities, motivations, abilities. I hope this doesn't turn into "One brother goes on a quest to save another", but judging by some of the future episode hints, this isn't what we should expect in the long run (maybe only in the next few episodes).

The only weak thing that I would name is the illustration of the "generic badguys". They do look rather generic, with similar clothing, hairstyle, look, etc. Not much variation here except for maybe one who have a speaking part, and they don't look that much more inventive either. It's not terrible, but compared to the brothers, their designs look especially lazy.

So, this is a definite keeper for me. Great animation, promise of a great story, AMAZING music... Thanks, BONES, you never disappoint me (and we'll forget that Mars Daybreak thing for now). 8)

BTW, I am surprised you didn't mention that this is NOITAMINA show (Fuji TV josei slot, previously had Hachikuro, Parakiss and ayakashi). Now I am positively here to stay. 8)

Spoiler for regarding the names:
Old 2006-04-14, 08:25   Link #35
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Is your guess about the number of episodes based on the fact that the website has set up "Story" bits for 11 episodes, or was there any other confirmation?

Because the website is rather inconclusive. Not that I am trying for wishful thinking here, but I do wonder is the magazines have any say on this?
Both MOON PHASE and syoboi's calendar list this series for 11 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Spoiler for regarding the names:
That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that.
Old 2006-04-14, 10:57   Link #36
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
L-E with a bit of luck and a fair wind is gonna try and sub Jyu oh sei :c

-gumbaloom
Old 2006-04-14, 11:22   Link #37
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbaloom
L-E with a bit of luck and a fair wind is gonna try and sub Jyu oh sei :c

-gumbaloom
Huzzah! You guys always do an excellent job. Plus you always manage to pick amazing projects that get licensed quickly, so there's hope for Jyu-Oh-Sei

Just make sure you kick Tofusensei lots to get the translations done promptly if he's doing the show
Old 2006-04-14, 13:11   Link #38
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Oh wow, this is Noitamina too? o_O That slot has pulled out three fantastic shows already. Looks like this one simply doesn't have it in it to screw up ^^

And I agree about the chara designs. They're lovely ~
Old 2006-04-14, 13:17   Link #39
nubby

I took a quick look at the official anime web page and it looks Yaoi. Is it Yaoi? If so, that's just nasty and I won't watch =p
Old 2006-04-14, 13:41   Link #40
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby
I took a quick look at the official anime web page and it looks Yaoi. Is it Yaoi? If so, that's just nasty and I won't watch =p
*le sigh*

No, it's not yaoi. There is a female love interest for the main character.

Hurray for tolerance!
Closed Thread

Tags
noitamina