AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-16, 09:14   Link #1161
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Kona-chan and Madarame speak on our behalf loudly.

I enjoy this character alot.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 09:26   Link #1162
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaa the Catlord View Post
Um, am I the only one who got serious pings on the gaydar from Kagami and Konata during the "sick visit" segment?
Good grief... maybe you ought to have that tuned up All I got was Konata getting a laugh out of pulling Kagami's chain. Girls tell each other they're cute all the time....
Old 2007-04-16, 09:40   Link #1163
Bloody Nightingale
Banzai~! Banzai~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
OMG.

Could it be that they were behind the Kanon viruses too?!

Wee. Well-done, Kaio-chin. Others have taken up your crusade against KyoAni.
Uh... i think the Kanon virus works the otherway around..... more like advertising..., majority of ppl ive seen are actually collecting the virus sample and run it on an internet bar computer, otherwise demanding to catch the virus and backup their computer afterwards, and are no where near "suffering" (i think they are enjoying it.... orz,) the power of "moe" frenzy, must not be underestimated.

Wonder if a Lucky Star virus is gonna pop up soon.....
Bloody Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 11:11   Link #1164
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The weird thing about Makube's figurine image posts is that everyone's school uniform is blue instead of that rose color.....
Old 2007-04-16, 11:32   Link #1165
eobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The weird thing about Makube's figurine image posts is that everyone's school uniform is blue instead of that rose color.....
The rose uniforms are long sleeved, so they're the winter uniforms. The blue uniforms are short sleeved, hence they're summer uniforms.
eobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 11:33   Link #1166
multani2842

The voice of konata is just wondefull . I am dying to see how she won the face making contest.

multani2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 11:44   Link #1167
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Blue uniforms are in the anime too

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 11:51   Link #1168
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post

U_U with Kona-chan blessing I don't see any more reason to non try Gurren Lagann. Go watch it, if you are a man!

(Women are fine too, it's a good show, no joke about that )
I always was watching it actually. You know I've always had this impression that Aya Hirano was a super robot fan. I think I saw a picture of her playing an SRW game once.

I also had a dream I was hit by my own virus and it turned my XP OS into Windows 98..... . I also want everybody to know that in no case do I sanction the use of virus'. That's just a stupid thing to do. Also I don't even consider Lucky Star to be all that moe anyway so if they are targetting moe they are hitting an innocent.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 12:06   Link #1169
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Lucky☆Iliya

Lucky☆Louise

Lucky☆Nanase

Spoiler:

Lucky☆Kyon

Spoiler:

"Yaaaaay!"

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 12:16   Link #1170
choupunz

o_o. omg. haha, the figurines! but konata's figure doesnt look that nice
choupunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 12:26   Link #1171
choupunz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Fortunately, although they're separate, both the manga and anime are still being translated by their respective groups that split from SF.

I'm not sure they ever intended to do soft-subs except for the first speed-release, but I shall beg.
And in regards to the capital and stuff... well.. the font we used 'komika axis' is all in capitals. So we din't bother changing it. I was told that some people who din't have the font view it as arial.. which mean it can be quite screwed up. Sorry about that.

since u all want soft subs. well. i'll get working on it. ^_^
Old 2007-04-16, 12:35   Link #1172
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

(oops double posty....)
Old 2007-04-16, 12:37   Link #1173
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I always was watching it actually. You know I've always had this impression that Aya Hirano was a super robot fan. I think I saw a picture of her playing an SRW game once.
... Also I don't even consider Lucky Star to be all that moe anyway so if they are targetting moe they are hitting an innocent.
Personally.... I think Lucky*Star (and more explicitly with the Lucky*Channel) takes a large spiked bat to the whole 'moe' meme in a subversive way

Aya probably grew up on the same cartoons most people did -- though she's a bit young to remember the 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by eobert View Post
The rose uniforms are long sleeved, so they're the winter uniforms. The blue uniforms are short sleeved, hence they're summer uniforms.
Interesting, I had not noticed uniforms changed colors at schools along with seasons before. I knew styles changed to reflect the weather and sometimes a color might be muted or another color added....
Old 2007-04-16, 12:50   Link #1174
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by choupunz View Post
And in regards to the capital and stuff... well.. the font we used 'komika axis' is all in capitals. So we din't bother changing it. I was told that some people who din't have the font view it as arial.. which mean it can be quite screwed up. Sorry about that.

since u all want soft subs. well. i'll get working on it. ^_^
Hm, I'm not sure about the font issue, but I used MPLayer to watch both your releases since VLC didn't like the raw video on the first release nor the subtitles in the second release, so I only see the player default font, without styling.

Actually, your last release, the soft-sub inside the MKV file, works really well for me, and should for most any one else that uses the CCCP or MPLayer. Are there really that many/any people clamoring for a hard-sub AVI release? It'd save you a lot of encoding time.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 12:57   Link #1175
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by multani2842 View Post
The voice of konata is just wondefull . I am dying to see how she won the face making contest.

Aya Hirano is one of my favorite voice actresses ever. I can't remember who she voiced in Galaxy Angel Rune.
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 12:59   Link #1176
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Lucky☆Kyon

Spoiler:
I find it quite strange that somebody would go out and trace/vector the back of a character.

And the speed at wich this person is making them.... I wonder if I should even bother making one of my own.
Old 2007-04-16, 13:02   Link #1177
choupunz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Hm, I'm not sure about the font issue, but I used MPLayer to watch both your releases since VLC didn't like the raw video on the first release nor the subtitles in the second release, so I only see the player default font, without styling.

Actually, your last release, the soft-sub inside the MKV file, works really well for me, and should for most any one else that uses the CCCP or MPLayer. Are there really that many/any people clamoring for a hard-sub AVI release? It'd save you a lot of encoding time.
hmm... well. at least it fixes the font problem.. And most probably for episode 3 i gotta watch out for capitals.. or find out how to attach a font to an mkv. hahah
Old 2007-04-16, 13:06   Link #1178
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

here's something from WF. All credits go to Hachi for the image.

Tenma konata and Eri Kagami
Old 2007-04-16, 13:11   Link #1179
choupunz

sch rumble uniform? o_o
is kagami was blonde, she would look like a chibi eri
Old 2007-04-16, 13:15   Link #1180
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post
Blue uniforms are in the anime too
Blue is the summer uniform—note the short sleeves. It’s similar to Azumanga in respect of the winter/summer colours.
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen