AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-11, 15:25   Link #21
marvelB

Holy crap, I was NOT expecting the chapter to be out this early (not that it matters much..... my computer's STILL in the middle of repairs ).

Anyhoo, neat chapter. I liked how CC held his own against Luffy (and we DO learn that his oxygen-stealing attack is close-range). Monet taking on Luffy is a surprise, as well. Can't wait to learn more about her DF powers. Also, I'm not sure about this since the translation I read was kind of iffy, but is Vergo fighting Sanji while being able to move around in Tekkai mode (ala Jyabura)? Really, I'm still hoping that Vergo reveals something unique (that ISN'T based on Rokushiki).....

And looks like we'll finally be revealed to Law's plot quite soon. But on the other hand, I wonder what's up with Jinbei bringing Caribou to the G5 base in the ministory? Now things are starting to get a lot more interesting as far as that's concerned......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so Luffy ask Monet about the "birdman" form the war and we are shown a picture of donflamingo. Did anyone notice donflamingo is a birdman?

Well, what else would you expect a FLAMINGO to be?
Old 2012-09-11, 15:26   Link #22
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so Luffy ask Monet about the "birdman" form the war and we are shown a picture of donflamingo. Did anyone notice donflamingo is a birdman?

I believe he was talking about how Doflamingo looks like a bird because he's practically covered in those pink feathers, hense his Shichibukai theme of Flamingo.
Old 2012-09-11, 15:43   Link #23
marvelB

Heh, now I'm really wondering if Luffy's going to have an actual match with Monet? If so, this would be the first time in a while that he's had a female opponent (Hancock's sisters at Amazon Lily, in case anyone's forgotten). If that's the case, then it's a good thing Sanji's too busy dealing with Vergo (and a broken leg) to object to the fight. Now let's find out if Happy Harpy is also a capable haki user.....
Old 2012-09-11, 20:41   Link #24
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Clueless
Kinda funny how Vergo, Monet, and possibly Smoker knows what Law is up to. But Luffy who is the partner in this alliance has know clue. I wonder if Ceaser knows what Law is up to? He looks like he is heading right over to were Law is. Doing that will work out in Laws favor.
Old 2012-09-11, 23:09   Link #25
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Heh, now I'm really wondering if Luffy's going to have an actual match with Monet? If so, this would be the first time in a while that he's had a female opponent (Hancock's sisters at Amazon Lily, in case anyone's forgotten). If that's the case, then it's a good thing Sanji's too busy dealing with Vergo (and a broken leg) to object to the fight. Now let's find out if Happy Harpy is also a capable haki user.....
I remember another female opponent Luffy had: Alvida. Though that was before she got her Devil Fruit.
Old 2012-09-12, 02:57   Link #26
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I think Vergo actually has a fruit that can make his body harder (maybe an iron or hardening fruit)?
Old 2012-09-12, 02:59   Link #27
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I think Vergo actually has a fruit that can make his body harder (maybe an iron or hardening fruit)?
Nah, it's a technique, called Tekkai. It literally means "mass of iron"
Old 2012-09-12, 05:27   Link #28
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Nice chapter. Beautyful jet pistol by luffy. C.C.s facial expressions are very entertaining. He really is starting to grow on me
In some way, he reminds me of a twisted version of buggy: Malicious and full of himself, when he has the upper hand, but craps his pants when hes in trouble

About Sanji: I always wanted him or Zoro to fight the strongest villian for a change, but now i am worried about him. (un)Fortunately this fight has to end, due to the incoming gas. But i loved his comment about how his captain hates that type of villian (that kills his own subordinates) most.
Old 2012-09-12, 06:13   Link #29
Trax
Rock beats scissors

That was one hell of a cliffhanger... Can't wait.
Old 2012-09-12, 07:04   Link #30
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Im still believing that Vergo have some kind of devil fruit ability. First of all, Tekkai never forced anything to change color before (It was never stated that one can enhance a weapon with Tekkai anyway) and if he using Busoshoku Haki to make his bamboo stick darker, bamboo stick and his hand must be made out of rubber to have the same effect as Luffy to vulcanize them, its a specific ability for Gomu Gomu No Mi. So both seems out of picture to me.

That or Vergo found a new way to improve Tekkai aspect to a whole new level.
Old 2012-09-12, 09:03   Link #31
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I remember another female opponent Luffy had: Alvida. Though that was before she got her Devil Fruit.
That wasn't really much of a match, though.....

He also knocked out Ms. Valentine during his fight with Zoro at Whiskey Peak, but I think most people forgot about that, too.

But also, I'm actually kind of liking the idea of Monet being Luffy's opponent since it's also been a good while since he had a sub-boss battle before tackling the main boss (like when he took on Blueno at EL before his clash with Lucci).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
That or Vergo found a new way to improve Tekkai aspect to a whole new level.

Pretty sure this was brought up in the last chapter thread too, but it's possible that he could have strengthened his Tekkai defense with armament haki. And who knows, maybe combining haki with Rokushiki techniques could create more possibilities for the practitioners, as well (though personally I'd rather still prefer for Vergo to have a unique power separate from Rokushiki, altogether).....
Old 2012-09-12, 09:49   Link #32
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Monet taking on Luffy is a surprise, as well. Can't wait to learn more about her DF powers. Also, I'm not sure about this since the translation I read was kind of iffy, but is Vergo fighting Sanji while being able to move around in Tekkai mode (ala Jyabura)? Really, I'm still hoping that Vergo reveals something unique (that ISN'T based on Rokushiki).....

Since she can create snow based wall, I guess that means she has some kind of snow type ability fruit. And that means her harpy shape isn't from a zoan fruit, probably a result of Law's take-and-stick ability or some kind of bio-weapon created by Cesar.

About Vergo, even if rokushiki seems kinda outdated since it's way back before time skip, I think there should be ranks among rokushiki user and Vergo probably has far better rokushiki technique than Lucci cs, so he can fight evenly against Sanji, a strong haki user
Old 2012-09-12, 11:11   Link #33
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm starting to think that Doflamingo will be the next major villain to be taken down. He'll be the first "real" test for the strawhats in the New World. Judging by how Sanji is fighting on par with Vergo (Doflamingo's second-in-command), Luffy is probably now capable of posing a threat/challenge to the birdman.
Old 2012-09-12, 11:21   Link #34
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I have to disagree about Doflamingo being the next boss. I prefer the SH to have a small taste of what this person is like first (fighting his minions). To me, Doflamingo seem like a bigger creep than Black Beard (sadly).

and I wanna nominate Monet for next crew mate of SH! Increase the girl count!
Old 2012-09-12, 11:59   Link #35
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I have to disagree about Doflamingo being the next boss. I prefer the SH to have a small taste of what this person is like first (fighting his minions).
The SHs are fighting Doflamingo's minions right now (Monet and Vergo), so they are getting a small taste of how sinister the birdman is. This arc seems very analogous to the little garden/drum island arc. Ceasar Clown is a deadly adversary, but he just doesn't give off the vibe of a major boss. And quite frankly, he isn't faring too well against Luffy who isn't going all out, which means he's underwhelming. Much like how Crocodile was the first major obstacle for the SHs in paradise, Doflamingo will be tantamount to that in the New World. He's being set up much in the same way as Crocodile was back then.
Old 2012-09-12, 12:14   Link #36
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm starting to think that Doflamingo will be the next major villain to be taken down. He'll be the first "real" test for the strawhats in the New World. Judging by how Sanji is fighting on par with Vergo (Doflamingo's second-in-command), Luffy is probably now capable of posing a threat/challenge to the birdman.
While I could definitely see this being the first of a few minor arcs leading up to an encounter with Doflamingo (similar to the arcs leading up to Alabasta), I do not expect any encounter with Doflamingo for quite some time. Not that i am exalting the Birdman's strength, rather the story flow would be better served if Luffy uncovers more info on the Shichibukai in the meantime.

That being said, is Vergo really Doflamingo's second-in-commend? Did I miss that line of dialogue?
Old 2012-09-12, 12:28   Link #37
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, is Vergo really Doflamingo's second-in-commend? Did I miss that line of dialogue?
I'll admit that I have taken some liberty with that title for Vergo. He was never addressed as Doflamingo's second-in-command, but he was referred to as Doflamingo's most-trusted subordinate. Make of that what you will. Given their long history together, I'd say it's a reasonable assumption to make.
Old 2012-09-12, 13:06   Link #38
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Nah, it's a technique, called Tekkai. It literally means "mass of iron"
Not confirmed.

His leg literally cracked.

I know what tekkai is, thanks for the tip..
Old 2012-09-12, 13:14   Link #39
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
I also expect Doflamingo to be the next major villian. It could be one of the emperors. but plotwise, it would make more sense to face a shichibukai before getting to the yonku.
Old 2012-09-12, 14:40   Link #40
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Not confirmed.

His leg literally cracked.

I know what tekkai is, thanks for the tip..
True its not confirmed. In another translation Sanji says:

"I see..in other words...it's that steel-like strengthening thing again..."

Could be hinting at Tekkai. BUT they way he strengthened the bamboo stick to hit Law it looked more like a DF or CoA imbuing.

So ya, unknown ability at this point..

So Monet has the Snow-Snow fruit?

Last edited by golgo13; 2012-09-12 at 14:41. Reason: spelling, monet
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion