AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-19, 08:13   Link #1
Rikichi

Spring 2006 BONES series: Ju Oh Sei

Juuousei is being adapted from Itsuki Natsumi's manga series, and will be produced by Studio Bones. The series is expected to debut on Fuji TV in April.

Staff.

Script:
Natsuko Takahashi
Reiko Yoshida

Original author: Natsumi Itsuki

Character Design: Koji Aisaka

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6177

Old 2006-01-19, 08:21   Link #2
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

YAY! A new Bones anime! I wish I knew a little about the manga, though. All I could find (for now) was two covers, from volumes 2 and 5 (http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P...9.LZZZZZZZ.jpg and http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P...9.LZZZZZZZ.jpg). I can't wait!!
Old 2006-01-19, 08:33   Link #3
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Shounen ai?

Any idea what the story about? ^^
Old 2006-01-19, 09:09   Link #4
NeoSam

獣王星
Juuousei

Broadcast: April 2006

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the shoujo manga magazine LaLa.
There are 5 volumes of this manga (its finished), here are the covers:

Info from AnimeNfo:

Quote:
The Chimera, a planet of beast, is a prison planet for brutal criminals. Thor and Rai are twins who have an executive father, and they have brought up without wanting for anything. But by the plot of the enemies of his father, they are sent to the Chimera. It is the world of struggle for existence, and they have to be beats to survive.
Genre: Shoujo, Adventure, Drama, Science-Fiction
Old 2006-01-19, 10:31   Link #5
Ialdaboth

It's not the first manga from Natsumi Itsuki to be animated, Oz and Yakumo Tatsu were both adapted in 2-episodes OAVs.

I would have largely prefered seeing Yakumo Tatsu, instead of Juuousei, made into a TV series, but I'm still looking forward to see this new Bones anime.
Old 2006-03-17, 12:54   Link #6
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Post Spring 2006 BONES series: Ju Oh Sei

When I found out that BONES offering next season would be Ouran Kouko Host Club, a shoujo anime, I admit that I was kind of disappointed. I do like shoujo, and I will be watching that series because I have no doubt that it'll be executed wonderfully, but after the likes of Wolf's Rain, Scrapped Princess and FMA, my heart was yearning for a more "epic" series from them.

Then I discovered Ju Oh Sei.

Feast your eyes on the description from animenfo:

AD 2436, Thor and Rai are twins who’ve been raised in a space colony, Yuno, of the Vulcan Federation Government 150 light years away from the Earth. Their parents are killed miserably, and they are sent to the “Ju Oh Sei”, or the planet of beast, by the federation army. Ju Oh Sei, whose actual name is Chimera, is a prison planet for the ferocious criminals where only kinds of beast can survive.

There are 4 communities on the planet, Blanc Ring, Sun Ring, Nights Ring, and Ocle Ring. They are divided by their skin colors.

Ju Oh, the king of beast, is the top person chosen in each community, and they rule the Chimera as kings. In order to avenge the murder of their parents, and to know the truth, Thor aims at the position of the Ju Oh.

By just reading the description, I can expect to see many plot twists and revelations. Definately high on my to watch list!
Old 2006-03-17, 13:23   Link #7
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I wanna watch it just because there's a guy at work named Ju Oh Sei.
Old 2006-03-17, 13:25   Link #8
domino
デレデレ

Yeah, the art and description of this show sound like they totally fit my tastes. I really need another dramatic epic! I was hooked ever since I saw the artwork. I really like that kind of style... it reminds me of the Escaflowne movie.

But as for being disappointed that Bones was doing a shoujo (Ouran High Host Club)... I've heard rumors that Ju Oh Sei was also a shoujo manga (ran in a shoujo mag). Can anyone verify this? Every now and then a shoujo mag will make a really kickass epic story (like Basara), so I kinda hope this is the case. Epic adventures with shoujo backgrounds tend to have more drama and plot twists and whatnot, and I really like those.
Old 2006-03-17, 13:34   Link #9
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
But as for being disappointed that Bones was doing a shoujo (Ouran High Host Club)... I've heard rumors that Ju Oh Sei was also a shoujo manga (ran in a shoujo mag). Can anyone verify this?
Yeah it is a shoujo manga/anime.

====================

獣王星
Ju Oh Sei

Genre: Shoujo

====================
Old 2006-03-17, 15:17   Link #10
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Yeah it is a shoujo manga/anime.

====================

獣王星
Ju Oh Sei

Genre: Shoujo

====================
Yay! This makes me happy because if it's a shoujo it's less likely just to be a hack-and-slash adventure. And the fact that it's a completed manga series makes me even happier, because that means there's a full story to be told and we probably won't be left hanging with an incomplete adventure story. I hate it when they start telling a good story but won't finish it properly. -_-
Old 2006-03-17, 20:14   Link #11
Daniwindscar

Send a message via MSN to Daniwindscar Send a message via Yahoo to Daniwindscar
when will this show be on and will it be aired on G4TV?
Old 2006-03-17, 20:16   Link #12
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

G4 airs Japanese direct television?
Old 2006-03-17, 20:19   Link #13
Daniwindscar

Send a message via MSN to Daniwindscar Send a message via Yahoo to Daniwindscar
I don't know thats what I'm asking
Old 2006-03-17, 20:28   Link #14
shadowplay
passive observer

Looking at that last manga cover this looks to be shounen-ai, wonder how will Bones fans feel about some hot boy-boy love
Old 2006-03-17, 20:53   Link #15
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Looking at that last manga cover this looks to be shounen-ai, wonder how will Bones fans feel about some hot boy-boy love
The last manga cover has been brought up before. The person wearing blue is really a girl, so the cover isn't shounen-ai.
Old 2006-03-17, 20:59   Link #16
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
The last manga cover has been brought up before. The person wearing blue is really a girl, so the cover isn't shounen-ai.
Well that's too bad, I was hoping for some more controversy here.
Old 2006-03-17, 21:14   Link #17
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Quote:
when will this show be on and will it be aired on G4TV?
It won't be on TV in the US for 2-3 years, if anyone airs it at all. However since it is Bones directly (and not say, Bones via kodansha like sutepri) it will be out on DVD within a year or less.
Old 2006-03-18, 00:07   Link #18
wao
OK.

Actually I don't know if it's really Bones directly, seeing that there's an original work and Hakusensha is listed as one of the ....

wow, I just saw that Hajime Mizoguchi is doing the music. *distracted*

I hope it's like his Jin-Roh stuff, I wasn't really jumping over his tracks in Escaflowne and the PSME OST.
Old 2006-03-18, 01:20   Link #19
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Hmmm... Bones trying their hand at a shoujo series. I'm extremely intrigued. Bones have really made a name for themselves, bringing a huge amount of quality to the shounen-action genre (particularly with FMA, among others)... so it'll be extremely interesting seeing how they handle something completely different. I'm sold, I'll watch it.
Old 2006-03-18, 04:40   Link #20
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
This one is dissapointed. Up until the mention of shoujo Ju Oh Sei sounded like solid shounen fair. However it would be wrong to dismiss a Bones production outright...
Closed Thread

Tags
noitamina