AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-06-19, 18:02   Link #101
spaz

Or maybe we have no raw...
spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 00:51   Link #102
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz View Post
Or maybe we have no raw...
/sadpanda. but at least it s better than the serie being cancelled, just need patience then
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 06:36   Link #103
NeoSam

Today is June 20th, so the new "Bessatsu Young Magazine" is out, and the magazine starts with the Kiss x Sis manga, starting on page 7.

So if i'm not wrong there are 2 chapters out already that are not scanlated: 15 & 16.

May 2nd, 2008 --> chapter 15 is out.
June 20th, 2008 --> chapter 16 is out.
August 11th, 2008 --> chapter 17 will be out.

Yeah, now the next Bessatsu Young Magazine will be out on August 11th.
Old 2008-06-20, 08:07   Link #104
dosetsu

Manga comes out every 2 months and not every month, no?
dosetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 10:56   Link #105
Nemuru

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...to-be-animated

someone please tell me Im not dreaming...

Anime in the making, awesome ^^
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 11:57   Link #106
NeoSam

Yes Yes Yes its getting animated
Old 2008-06-20, 12:00   Link #107
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post

Holy crap. This gotta be one of the most awesome piece of news I have heard lately. Wonderful, simply wonderful.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 12:01   Link #108
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Yes Yes Yes its getting animated
this is going to be very interesting to say the least. Wonder if there going to tone it down?
Old 2008-06-20, 12:08   Link #109
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I finally got to reading this, and omg... this should be a hentai... lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 12:09   Link #110
spaz

Theres barely even enough material to make this into an anime though..

I wish someone would scan those two raws already so that we can work on them.
Old 2008-06-20, 12:18   Link #111
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I finally got to reading this, and omg... this should be a hentai... lol
thats quite an accurate discription, besides that theres twincest and incest what more could you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz
Theres barely even enough material to make this into an anime though..

I wish someone would scan those two raws already so that we can work on them.
A 13 episode format, even a 6 episode OVA would suffice. Kashimashi is another anime title that got animated early around chapter 16+ or something, memories failing me. But for the moment its awesome that it's evens even getting an anime... the content is argueably too ecchi for a TV series. Let see how much they are willing to tone it.

EDIT: Konokon has proven me wrong this season but hey, if they ever keep the materials the same it would be a treat.
Old 2008-06-20, 12:31   Link #112
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

well technically its not incest, since they're not blood related.
Old 2008-06-20, 12:39   Link #113
Nemuru

It’s definitely loves between siblings. Whether real siblings or not they treat each other like family. The plot device of step siblings/adoption has been uses in alot of anime that it practically incest but just avoiding the main issue with a few technicalities. I first time I read that they are not blood related I just laugh hysterically since it’s so cliche.

The main issues are Keita treats his sister like real sisters. They've been growing up together, sharing childhood memories, these are more important factors to warrant a strong family bond. His sister on the other hand I’m not sure of, goes off and downloads more of the manga.
Old 2008-06-20, 12:44   Link #114
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I don't consider "child hood friends" to be taboo, I only consider blood relations to be. His "sisters" don't see him as a brother. And from what I gather, he doesn't want to give them up either.

The way I'm seeing it is, that they are childhood friends who just so happen that their parents are married to each other. No matter how much of a bond you develop it can never be the same as blood relations. Its like adopting a child, yes you can love that child, but I truly believe that somewhere in your mind, you feel that something is missing because you didn't give birth to that child.
Old 2008-06-20, 13:21   Link #115
spaz

Even so the sisters were making out with each other which is incest lol.
Old 2008-06-20, 13:43   Link #116
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I don't consider "child hood friends" to be taboo, I only consider blood relations to be. His "sisters" don't see him as a brother. And from what I gather, he doesn't want to give them up either.

The way I'm seeing it is, that they are childhood friends who just so happen that their parents are married to each other. No matter how much of a bond you develop it can never be the same as blood relations. Its like adopting a child, yes you can love that child, but I truly believe that somewhere in your mind, you feel that something is missing because you didn't give birth to that child.
Here's my attempt at writing something constructive, should be watching Druaga instead but anyway

I find it quite sad if parents can't give their adoptive child their full love. In reality it isn’t uncommon for family to have their own child but that’s how society functions as a whole, passing down our genre through the generation.

It’s a nice thought to think of someone you’ve known since childhood as friends even if you’ve been calling them sisters throughout your life. Keita emotional wavering between seeing the reality in front of him and the ideology he’s been growing up with, his hesitate about his feeling because he’s always seen them as family even though he is clear on his intent of marrying them. To Keita his sister will always be his sister that fact will never change. Just because one day you’ve found out that suddenly that those you grew up with and believe were your sister are not related to you by blood doesn’t change the way you feel about them. It does encourage changes but strictly speaking there have been no real changes in substance beside some genetic and sociological factors.

The manga doesn’t bother with any in-depth analysis on the family issue at hand, it does clearly encourage love between Keita and his sister. His family and friends support his relationship with his sisters but deep down inside family values don’t change suddenly because of genetic details. To me its incest but not technically incest, as long as his feelings for his sister are influences by his family value and to some degree his ethically interpretation, I'm going to go out in limbs calling it incest even with the writer using the non-blood relationship as a plot device for potential romance in anime.

and of course I’ve only read up to chapter 11 so there’s a few more chapters which could change my perception of Keita.
Old 2008-06-20, 14:01   Link #117
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ I don't think this title ever tried to be even remotely serious in tackling any issues, so thinking too deeply about it will be sort of out-of-place The title just keeps making fun of the point and uses it to fuel some more of the bizarre comedy (And Keita's anguish ), so i suggest just taking it for what it is.

And Keita doesn't really view them as "sisters" either. For all his protests he is always kissing back when they happen to "assault him", and i don't think one goes "itadakimasu" if someone he considers a sister offers a ... er ... "taste" of her most sweetest spot

Really, the "sister" issue is just there to get some laughs out of it; no one is taking it seriously, including the old lady across the street who said there is finally some action
Old 2008-06-20, 15:03   Link #118
UPR

And besides it's not like there parents oppose to them. . . . . well you know.
Old 2008-06-20, 15:07   Link #119
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Parents are in full support, and it seems the whole neighborhood believes him to be "having fun" with both of them anyway. Really, unless it concerns comedy, its a non-issue in KxS
Old 2008-06-20, 15:28   Link #120
NeoSam

This is a previous old post of mine in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
I would love to see an anime adaptation of this manga, but of course they are going to either censor it or even worse change the plot or both >.>, so I'm not so excited about an anime adaptation.
Sorry, I couldn't help it, I got excited about the anime adaptation even though I said I wouldn't

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, incest, mature, romance, seinen