AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-27, 03:01   Link #18961
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Thanks for all the delicious info Goose. It's really useful.

Anywho, I was actually enroute to petSMart when it hit me that I was going about assigning my Rank system all wrong. What I need to do right now is assign the effect as per how it should be viewed, and then let the assignment of rank based on estimated common obvervation, rather than half-guessing at power ranks and then going "Oh it's __ rank" or something.

So in that light, I'll throw in the following data.

Spoiler for Data:

I'm gonna' get ready for bed.
Old 2008-01-27, 04:08   Link #18962
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Spoiler for Will this make a good story?:
I agree with a lot of that, dk. To be honest, I tend to forget what rank I put a mage at until I look back at it (case in point; Glen was doing stuff way too powerfully for only being AA-rank, so I retconned him to AAA rank *shrug*).

Honestly, if it's well written, I don't care if we've got SSS++++++ characters running around. I'm here for a good story and to help others (and be helped in return) write a good story, and sometimes (okay, a lot of the time) throw in references to my favorite things while I'm doing it. And if a character needs to be god to do it, then by all means, go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post

Anywho, I was actually enroute to petSMart when it hit me that I was going about assigning my Rank system all wrong. What I need to do right now is assign the effect as per how it should be viewed, and then let the assignment of rank based on estimated common obvervation, rather than half-guessing at power ranks and then going "Oh it's __ rank" or something.

So in that light, I'll throw in the following data.

Spoiler for Data:

I'm gonna' get ready for bed.
That sounds pretty good. However, I'm going to agree that maybe we shouldn't be saying C-ranks and above. That final attack sounds like you'd put the C-rank in the hospital for weeks. Now, A-rank sounds a lot better.

Just some advice. If you want to keep it C, then by all means.

Okay, now my turn. I've been developing this thing for a while now and wanted to run it by you guys before I put it to paper.

Spoiler for New Barrier Jacket Armor System:

Last edited by Kagerou; 2008-01-27 at 23:47.
Old 2008-01-27, 09:08   Link #18963
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

FINALLY, I can attempt to break through this awesome technical backlog, which is a good read

With nothing to contribute to breaking down the exact numbers for all this tech though, all I can do is charge up and...

RIDER KIIIIIIIICK!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Right...

now that's done with, I'll post the prologue to my new fic(no OC's).. since none of you guys seemed to have saw it in the ff thread...

Spoiler for Our Mistress:

You're probably all aware already, but don't expect updates for a little while..
Comments, flames, etc welcome.
Oh yes... death would be far too kind for the bastard who dare hurt our Princess Hayate!

DO need more please

Quote:
Now for the updated segment, issues addressed, powers nerfed accordingly, cautions put into place to better scale it back.

Spoiler for OC Character Data Revised.:

Crash is gonna have a lot to talk about with Tais Scien in the bad luck department Crashing a ship in drydock without doing anything is the stuff of legend

Everything that has been said about the tech has been said, but nice to see such attention to detail put into the various abilities and features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

That video made me love Kamen Rider again (and go out and get the mp3 for Unmei no Senshi )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki
You can never have enough HOT BLOOD
SONOTORI DA, KYOUDAI!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Well, while I’m working on stuff, here's THE MAN's profile.

I would like to credit TK for the original profile, which for the most part I've chosen to follow, save for a few things here and there which I've changed for story purposes and some other stuff to make his profile more relevant to the OFM. In the end, what has happened is that both TK and I have given our own twists and spin onto the charecter, refitting him into the Nanoverse, departing in a few places from Halo canon. Sort of.

But he's still the Master Chief. And he will kick ass most righteously.

Spoiler for John-117, Non Comissioned Officer of the Order:

The rest of the Armor, skills, etc will be posted later. Comments welcome.

He was AWESOME the first time around, and with this new and improved extended profile, he's transcended the mortal plain and become GODLIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Puuh... time for me to blow out some crack again xD

Xgouki wanted to read about it... so I came up with this little story out of my Dark Future Setting.
Sorry for the long delay.

Ah... I tried to correct my gramma myself this time... so please bear with me.

Spoiler for The Corruption:
Through a non-altruistic act of saving his life, Elric turns to the dark side, understandable, but still rather sad to give in like that

And much Star Wars I sense in his final line

Quote:
As for the mecha suit proposal... this might happen:
Spoiler for Lol tongue in cheek, not a jab or anything:
No arguments there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Okay, now my turn. I've been developing this thing for a while now and wanted to run it by you guys before I put it to paper.
HOLY-

CRACK ENGINE KIDOU!!!!! ZENRYOKU ZENKAI!!!!

Spoiler for Reaction:

*runs*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-27, 10:36   Link #18964
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Kha, what did you do this time???
You I have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Spoiler for Reaction:

*runs*
Oh...
My...
Head...

Spoiler for MY Reaction:
Old 2008-01-27, 12:12   Link #18965
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

You're welcome, and that's what we're here in OC to do. The new guys show up, the haxbusting happens, and the concepts are rebuilt back up and then put into practice.

My attempts as follows.
Spoiler for Spoilered for lenght:

Quote:
I agree with a lot of that, dk. To be honest, I tend to forget what rank I put a mage at until I look back at it (case in point; Glen was doing stuff way too powerfully for only being AA-rank, so I retconned him to AAA rank *shrug*).

Honestly, if it's well written, I don't care if we've got SSS++++++ characters running around. I'm here for a good story and to help others (and be helped in return) write a good story, and sometimes (okay, a lot of the time) throw in references to my favorite things while I'm doing it. And if a character needs to be god to do it, then by all means, go for it.
I recall deliberately writing Franz as A+ so that he'd have just enough power to use effective copies of Fate's spells, to fulfill his fanboy aspect, while still being decently powered in his own right... and also so that AMF would supress his power so much, I'd have an excuse to have him using an Assault Rifle. And also because he'd be more suck than he already was if he was S-ranked and kept getting pwnt all the time (poor Signum is sufferring from the Worf Effect).

Quote:
I like the Ghost Armor concept, and think it's quite well balanced, and I also note the two drawbacks: the high thermal sig and the inability to use magic. Both caveats will, I think, allow this to be considered balanced in the context of haxbusting for the concept...as for the heels.... um.... they can be used to stomp people with. Especially perverts. And much lol at the Super Sentai Lancenger team *laughs* All in all, a good effort!

...and if you need extra protection, you could strap on body armor over the suits....

To be honest, I was actually surprised by the Kamen Rider concept, but this is one of the less ridiculous henshins there are. And putting the device on the belt is just commonsense. Now all that's needed is to ... hmmm. Any suggestions?

Psycho: "Wanna bet the suit enhances the physical sensations?"
Leena: "That would definately be awesome. Girls! I'm coming after your burning hearts and your cute assets - I mean, asses~"
Psycho: "Mind if I join you?"
Leena: "Lol, don't mind if you do~"
Glen & Franz: *facepalm*

Quote:
Oh yes... death would be far too kind for the bastard who dare hurt our Princess Hayate!

DO need more please
Seconded. This was what I meant when I said I'd reply later, Liingo

I like the forboding, and I think it's got potential. Certainly Hayate's friends will be out for blood... while the Volkenritter are wrecks....

Quote:

He was AWESOME the first time around, and with this new and improved extended profile, he's transcended the mortal plain and become GODLIKE
and the Lol thing is that he's one of the weakest mages in Outer Cadia - at a mere B, almost everyone is stronger magically than Master Chief.

...on the other hand, he doesn't need magic, really, since he has real badass.
Quote:
HOLY-

Spoiler for Reaction:

*runs*
Lol, is that sum Astray Girls I see there? *laughs* Last two weeks ago, the fad was 200th hours, now it's Kamen Rider? Cracky indeed, Lowe, but enjoyable.

Also! Minna! The Opening for DT is at hand!

...actually, the new fic name is Divergent StrikerS. Disrupted Tangent was just the project codename.

Spoiler for Break Out! MSLN Divergent StrikerS OP1:

...It probably needs more work. I'm typing this past midnight. Take heed of my sacrifices, comrades! I deprive myself of sleep to bring crack!

...also, I will need to get the SRW OG Divine Wars anime. If only for Latooni-chan. Meido Loli pilot? WANT. And for Excellen. The only reason I don't want her is because she's a blonde and I'm not really into blondes (though I would change my allegience for Excellen's sake) and also because anybody who fucks with KyousukexExcellen, ONE TRUE PAIRING of OGs, deserves to die painfully and slowly.

...unless....Excellen/Alfimi/Lemon?

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-01-27 at 20:52.
Old 2008-01-27, 12:22   Link #18966
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Such a scene is in need of the correct BGM.

Spoiler for Fleet Commander Thomas Johnson's Reaction:

O_o; Oops. Got too far into character.

EDIT IN:

Quote:
Hmmmm. I'm pretty sure TK will complain that this is too fast, and then there's also the issue of powering this. IIRC, to be able to fly, manuvuer and fight in the air, you need to be A-ranked at minimum. I think this is a tad too fast - I'd suggest lowering the supercruise factor to maybe Mach 1.6 or less (hell, Tomcats don't regularly break the sound barrier... though F-22s do..) At any rate, looks possiby S-rank to me. Again, lower it.
I think I can build an 'excuse' for an experimental system that allows for a higher overall top flight speed.

Spoiler for Technical Fun:

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2008-01-27 at 13:05. Reason: WHEEEEE!!!!
Old 2008-01-27, 12:41   Link #18967
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

To quote Teal'C: "Indeed."

Well, off to bed. Night, folks.

Also note that Japanese, like most asian languages, is annoying. The same word for Fleet is used to refer to detachments and battlegroups.

Furthermore, only one word can describe the above scene. Hax. Remember, TC, this is the NANOHA OC thread. Nanoha. Remember that context. Keep it focused in your mind. Stay on target! :P

And I'm pretty sure Master Chief and Ivanovich would protest at not being considered badass enough to take on an entire division by themselves (so long as they had enough ammo, at any rate. :P)

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-01-27 at 13:01.
Old 2008-01-27, 13:14   Link #18968
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
To quote Teal'C: "Indeed."

Well, off to bed. Night, folks.

Also note that Japanese, like most asian languages, is annoying. The same word for Fleet is used to refer to detachments and battlegroups.

Furthermore, only one word can describe the above scene. Hax. Remember, TC, this is the NANOHA OC thread. Nanoha. Remember that context. Keep it focused in your mind. Stay on target! :P

And I'm pretty sure Master Chief and Ivanovich would protest at not being considered badass enough to take on an entire division by themselves (so long as they had enough ammo, at any rate. :P)
I was just goofing around with my own character set from Zeropoint. 'Twernt no harm there.
Old 2008-01-27, 14:13   Link #18969
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Interesting stuff. I'm really interested as to what just happened. MOAR please
Thx thx! Well I'm still gathering Ideas so it will always take a while.
(and I am slow one way or the other )

Quote:
Through a non-altruistic act of saving his life, Elric turns to the dark side, understandable, but still rather sad to give in like that

And much Star Wars I sense in his final line
To be honest... I'm a bit unhappy with it.
It differs a bit from the original concept and lacks some stuff I wanted to describe...
Ah well... it won't be the last one.

Yeah.. it definitely has some Star Wars vibes... but I took that one from another source
Old 2008-01-27, 21:43   Link #18970
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
song ATM: white letter (Hatsune Miku)

Quote:
Spoiler for OC character Data:

That should keep it all compact.
Somewhat I want to see the Battery Device in action.

=-=========

Quote:
I blame my watching Den-O for the sudden crack thought:

Nanoha: Fin Funnel Form (blue)

Fate: Scythe Form (black)

Hayate: Blasting Form (white)

Quote:

Quote:
You can never have enough HOT BLOOD
Indeed.

=-------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
I think my reaction is about the same as yours.

Nothing wrong with hotblooded girls, though.
I know.

===========

Quote:

Quote:

Spoiler for Reaction:

*runs*
Holy Crap!

Now where's Hinagiku to moderate them?
Old 2008-01-27, 23:00   Link #18971
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Oh...
My...
Head...

Spoiler for MY Reaction:

Quote:

Psycho: "Wanna bet the suit enhances the physical sensations?"
Leena: "That would definately be awesome. Girls! I'm coming after your burning hearts and your cute assets - I mean, asses~"
Psycho: "Mind if I join you?"
Leena: "Lol, don't mind if you do~"
Glen & Franz: *facepalm*
For someone who doesn't like Psycho, Leena sure gets along with him quite well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose
and the Lol thing is that he's one of the weakest mages in Outer Cadia - at a mere B, almost everyone is stronger magically than Master Chief.

...on the other hand, he doesn't need magic, really, since he has real badass.
The power of the BADASS AURA that provides +1000 to armor, HP, attack, strength, intelligence, agility, and HP regen?

Maybe not, but still

Quote:
Lol, is that sum Astray Girls I see there? *laughs* Last two weeks ago, the fad was 200th hours, now it's Kamen Rider? Cracky indeed, Lowe, but enjoyable.
I've been wanting to OC the Astray Girls as far back as the early days of OC, though recently did the idea for Super Sentai Astrays stick

And Kamen Rider/Super Sentai has been a most recent fad indeed, and actually had solid plans for introduction... but only with Kagerou's post did my five-minute crack engine crank at full power

The intro was crack, but the Astray Sentai is here to stay

Very nearly forgot to credit Master FlameSparkZ for the drawing

Quote:
Also! Minna! The Opening for DT is at hand!

...actually, the new fic name is Divergent StrikerS. Disrupted Tangent was just the project codename.

The second time Break Out is used for an OC OP, and it's just as EPIC!!!!!!!!

Quote:
WANT

Unfortunately, Gaiden seems to have paired off Alfimi with, of all people Axel

Quote:
Such a scene is in need of the correct BGM.

I should've used this BGM for some Linebacker's scenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Tigerclaw
Spoiler for Fleet Commander Thomas Johnson's Reaction:

O_o; Oops. Got too far into character.
Wondering who this Megumi is now... she sounds H4XX

Though actually, these 'weaboo' Sentai girls ( ) are ex-TSAB, honorably discharged after completion of mandatory service time. And they may look like that, but they can still kick righteous amounts of ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Tigerclaw

I think I can build an 'excuse' for an experimental system that allows for a higher overall top flight speed.

So essentially, you're creating what amounts to an aircraft hull with engine using magical barriers, nice

Concept certainly wouldn't be alien to the Nanohaverse... Fate in StrikerS episode 5 certainly seemed to have a barrier protecting her as she went into full speed to intercept the Gadget Drones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Holy Crap!

She's nowhere to be found

And this is why I told you the girls are gonna get along well with Akira

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-27, 23:19   Link #18972
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Armor Defense Rating: *Apply matching magical attack power to real life examples.*
Functional up to impact of .50 cal anti material round from a fifty
Magical defense bonus of survival of non-direct hit of directed high explosive device.
Armor 80% mission kill failure with direct hits from non-directional high explosive weapon. But survivable.
Armor terminated with direct hit from kinetic energy impactor (120mm APFSDS round.), or directional charge high explosive. Fatal injuries 99%
Can't see any problems here. I've got a vague idea of the energy involved in these situations so I'm not going to place a rank on it.
Quote:
Air Transit:
Maximum Sprint: MACH .8 standard flight mode; MACH 3.5 Supercruise configuration.
**Maximum Sprint denotes level flight at top speed with no complicating manuevers. Supercruise denotes all power shunted to velocity only. Amor mass and shape is not an issue for speed due to lack of manuevers and functional aerodynamics barrier.
I'd be cutting the speeds of both modes. TK's already looked into the whole thing. There's no evidence to suggest that the majority of mages even attain speeds that get anywhere near the speed of a modern helicopter (which is why they're used to ferry them around in the first place). The current speed of your standard mode would be achieved by the cream of the crop (S ranked and above.) The supercruise mode is just out of the speed of everyone.

If anything, your supercruise speed should drop to ~ Mach 1 where it'll match the top speed of the best flight mages in the TSAB, with the normal speed dropping to a level much much lower than your current speed.
Quote:
Attack ratings:

Rifle Configuration:
- Single fire: ~ equal to a fifty calibur HMG round.
- Automatic Fire: ~ equal to a 7.62 mm round.
--Projectile speeds are comproble to real bullet counterparts.--
The power is about right, although projectile speed is too high.
Quote:
- WARNING - : High Energy Management Note:
- Maximum load and charge time. Energy of KE Penetraitor from M1A1 120 mm smoothbore APFSDS round. (Actual penetrator size is 22 mm.)
**All shot power levels can be aimed at targets up to 20 km away and travel at supersonic velocity. All shots are unguided and cannot be recalled once released. All shots are composed of high energy charged ion packets encased in magical containment barriers until impact. Technically making the Lance Rifle a magic powered Ion Cannon.
Cut the range, cut the speed. As it is now, both speed and range would be something like SSS+++++++
Quote:
Cerberus DF:
Gatling Autocannon: 20 rounds/sec with energy delivery of 5.56 mm NATO round at a range of eight hundred meters. No accuracy however at any range greater than immediate combat range.
This is putting Macross Spam into nanoha. It doesn't quite work that way...
Quote:
Bloodhound Breaker:
- Delivery of destructive force equal to M-67 fragmentation grenade. Max Homing and chasing range of Five thousand meters. Reletive launch velocity of 300 m/s
Again, cut the range, speed and power. Comparing it to the Nanoha's accel shooter, this thing is way beyond it in terms of all three factors.
Quote:
Spectre Barrage:
- WARNING - : High energy management note.
- Delivers repeated strikes equal to a BOFORS 40 mm cannon. Sustained fire of two rounds per 1.5 second interval for maximum of fifteen seconds before recharge/rest is required.
The rate of fire seems ok, although I'm not sure about the power...
Quote:
METEOR SHOWER:
- WARNING - : Extreme High Energy Management Note!
- Delivers MIRV Indirect fire strike with submunition rounds equal in force to 105 mm, 40 lb artillery round. Maximum MIRV of six round split.
** MIRV stands for Multiple Intercept Reentry Vehicle, which is just a fancy way of saying one shot splits into several that can go for different targets. Although in this case, all shots are unguided.
This is obviously something like Hayates Bombardment spell.. Power is going to be in the S ranks. If not higher..

I can't say that the spell list is getting any better in terms of making them Nanoha friendly.... Based on what's been shown in the series so far, here's my rough estimate on the top power rankings (as achieved by mages).

Flight Speed. Mach 1
Projectile Speed. Mach 1
Spell Range.
The very extremes would be the bombardment spells which probably reach out to ~10km, but for the standard mages, range is cut back substantially to ~ 1km as the max. More skilled mages would have ranges out to ~2km, although these would be more specialised, (The canon Number, nanoha, etc.)
Spell Power A small bomb? roughly... Not too sure on the numbers..

Quote:

DO need more please
I'm working on it... The next bit should be up at the end of this week if all goes well..
Quote:
Spoiler for Reaction:
Belkarangers? Should that not be the *cough* BAKARANGERS

That was awesome though.
Quote:
Holy Crap!

Who me?

But seriously, we need Katsura sensei there as well...
Quote:
Seconded. This was what I meant when I said I'd reply later, Liingo

I like the forboding, and I think it's got potential. Certainly Hayate's friends will be out for blood... while the Volkenritter are wrecks....
Indeed. Although I don't think that anyone's going to guess how she ends up like that in the first place..
Quote:
EDIT IN:

You've got far too much time on your hands...
Quote:
Thx thx! Well I'm still gathering Ideas so it will always take a while.
(and I am slow one way or the other )
You can't be as slow as I am..

EDIT. Opps nearly forgot...

@ Kagerou.
The concept of it sounds good. Nicely balanced as well with the drawbacks to it as well.

Looks like a vastly upgraded version of the Barrier Jacket that I was tossing about earlier on (sometime last year..) Which had a limited stealth capability which kicked in after 2 minutes of being static, and only worked for that location.
Old 2008-01-28, 00:03   Link #18973
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Holy Crap!

"Confessy JUMP!"

Quote:
She's nowhere to be found

And this is why I told you the girls are gonna get along well with Akira
"Confessy SPIN!"

Quote:
Who me?

But seriously, we need Katsura sensei there as well...
ZETTAI MUTEKI INAZUMA...

KIIIIIIICKKHAAA!!!

*angry Allison Ford in Leshral Mode >>>> USB, LoweGear and Liingo for forgetting she existed*

Lingo's right; we do need Katsura around too... Not to mention that I'll be kinda retconning Allie as a character if she were to moderate them...

But I'm sure Mommy Braummuhl will give her stamp of approval. (See my OC list if you want to know why. )

Last edited by Kha; 2008-01-28 at 00:14.
Old 2008-01-28, 00:19   Link #18974
Liingo
Love Hina?

All I can say is that just because she looks like Hina, doesn't mean that she's as awesome as Hina.

*runs*
Old 2008-01-28, 00:23   Link #18975
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
All I can say is that just because she looks like Hina, doesn't mean that she's as awesome as Hina.

*runs*
Definitely.

I wonder how Hina, or even how all things, would look like if the Braummuhls have a college reunion though...

*continues bashing through HnG backlog, while trying to stay sane*
Old 2008-01-28, 00:51   Link #18976
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Urgh same as usual. It feels really messy in here nowadays. The insane amount of text and youtube links are killing my loading speeds.

Re-watching lots of anime to get ideas. I swear this has to be the worse writer's lazy spree+writer's block I've ever had.
Old 2008-01-28, 01:37   Link #18977
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

BOFORS Gun: 2:25ish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELSxXlgZl5M
AC-130U Spooky Gunship (That have my higher power examples
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eld4ooy3sDY

Anyway, as far as spell ranges... I think we're underestimating Hayate's power level. I'm reviewing Episode 11 of strikers at this very moment and:

Spoiler for Technical Review of the GODS:

Many catgirls were ruthlessly slaughtered in the making of this post.
Old 2008-01-28, 02:56   Link #18978
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
BOFORS Gun: 2:25ish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELSxXlgZl5M
AC-130U Spooky Gunship (That have my higher power examples
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eld4ooy3sDY

Anyway, as far as spell ranges... I think we're underestimating Hayate's power level. I'm reviewing Episode 11 of strikers at this very moment and:

Spoiler for Technical Review of the GODS:

Many catgirls were ruthlessly slaughtered in the making of this post.
I'll start by mourning for the poor catgirls, and then continue smashing them with a hammer!

Now, back to the beginning of your post:
bofors and AC-130U level of firepower in an exoskeletal suit...
...that can be used by just about every bootstomper mage in the tsab...
... you be the judge on how plausible it sounds to get firepower like that to the regular bootstompers in tsab. Compare it to giving those to every single unit in the regular army...
...how about no?

Now, i did say that hayate's blast radius was around 300-400 meters... but you do have a point in the distance category, that map shows her firing those rounds FAR.

Though, looking at the longitude latitude's you pointed out, that map's all whack, or they're all positioned at the north pole of midchilda or something...

But i have to disagree on you about how the magical explosion works, it's not like the normal physical explosion which is created when a substance (or couple of them) react to a trigger (or to some other substance), which causes an explosive reaction.

From what we've seen, magical explosions are made from channeling energy into a package and releasing that energy when it reaches the target, reasoning?
Damage control, a regular explosive reaction is largely uncontrolled, you blow it up, you can't say anything about what blows up in it.
Mages on the other hand have been shown to be able to distinguish between physical and magical damage, even hayate with her diabolic emission didn't level the city blocks even though the spell enveloped them... and she's shown to be in the blast radius herself

so there's no need to limit the blast radius, as there's only enough energy to envelope the drones in the explosion radius... and after knocking down 9 formations, she is shown to be heavily panting (ep 12, around 5:50), clearly showing the amount of stress those shots put her through.

as a side note, a nuclear missile armed los angeles class submarine has tomahawks armed with nuclear warheads that have 200kt yield and looking at the about 15kt yield of hiroshima (blast radius 1mile, fireball/heatwave causing fires withing 11 square miles)... i don't think we can compare hayate to THAT...

I'm unsure as to how much the difference in magical energy spending is when using something that does physical damage as opposed to doing 'only' magical damage.
Because hayate is shown to be panting when blowing up 9 groups of drones within something like 300-400 meter radius of the blast center, but seems to be just fine after casting diabolic emission with radius atleast a mile across...
...though the power seems to be rather weak with diabolic emission, what with the numbers actually flying out of it, seemingly allright.

Well, that should have enough stuff for you to chew on for a while
can we now leave hayate alone and concentrate on you getting your mini gundam through this haxxbusting operation that has now spanned about 5 pages?

I think the main problem is that you're trying to incorporate 'mundane' military terms, calibers and physics into magical terms, ranks and effects, and you seem to think that they can be directly compared and converted, when the very foundations of the two are fundamendally different (IE the normal vs magical explosion i presented.)

Generally the nerfing you've been doing so far is starting to look good to me too, and i think we can leave the prototype unit at a bit higher level than the later mass produced versions... but i still think you need to tone it down by a bit, the computer can't be doing everything for the pilot so you do need to regulate the power, by quite a bit.
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
Old 2008-01-28, 03:36   Link #18979
Aaron008R

PERSONA 3 IS MADE OF EXTREMELY ADDICTING WIN!!! XD XD XD

*Ahem!*

Certainly been a while since I visited. Will do a short backlog breaker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Well, Almaria herself was scrapped long ago, i just scrapped Almaria the avatar/AI as well...
Good...

Quote:
I'm replacing her with an Angel Doll... Kha, try to guess who.

I'm saving her soul for the "Memory of the Planet" arc of AlternateS II...

That is no revivial though, only this...

Spoiler for may or may not compute:

*runs*
You should take into consideration Aurion and Almaria's old Pschic Link. Because one thing to remember is 'No link' = 'fake'. This makes sense, I must admit. If you're going thruough with this, provide the Psychic link, if only a phantom one. And of course, I want the reappearance to be AlternateS-exclusive. :-/

Quote:
Oh yes, I have plans for Hayate. Our lovable moving cannon will be getting some screentime of kickass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
<shrugs> True. Someone like you can't POSSIBLY be expected to remember EVERYTHING - your memory simply isn't good enough.

UNLIKE MINE!!

[Satoko]O-HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO![/Satoko]
Riiigght. (See below)

Quote:
At the suggestion of someone from this thread (I forget who), I have started watching Rental Magica.
Tche!

*runs like hell again*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Nibelung Valesti anyone? Nanoha doing that does compute, i can even plot an attack sequence for Nanoha's Nibelung Valesti... RH, blaster bits and all

on the other hand, Hayate can do Nibelung Valesti as well... also plotting a unique attack sequence as well
WANT!!!

Though I have one move for Hayate in GenerationS that goes along those lines. (Not melee, of course.)

Quote:
Paranoid Aaron is Paranoid
Stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Only the Kerokano timeline has that whooper 41... :3

Quote:
He already had a look at it in the ff thread. He didn't seem to have to much of a problem there. There are differences between my crack and Tormenks crack though. The time and also the scenarios are totally different.
This idea has promise.

Though I hate the idea of Hayate getting gravely injured, I won't deny potential when I see it.

Quote:
Yes that's Hayate... details to come in a reverse timeskip...

Aaron's already read it.. he's not dead yet...
Of course not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
To add on to this, I've mentioned before (early on in the thread's life; I think it's among my first posts in here, actually) that it would be best if the references are kept as independent as possible from the action. In other words, don't assume that your readers know what the reference is.

Spoiler for Warning: incoming rant.:

tl;dr: References should be references. Crossovers should be crossovers. Neither are bad, but the two are not the same thing.

As for the mecha-references thing, I'm not a mecha anime fan, and in fact I don't really like mecha anime. My favourite mecha anime would probably be Magic Knight Rayearth, and that's about it.
Well said! That's how I modelled my two more prominent OC's (Aurion and Grandis). Though if almost complete originality is taken into consideration Almaria is completely my idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
He's er....

Spoiler:

looking for his mask.

Quote:
I'll admit to being vehemently cruel on Hayate in DestinyS too in particular.
Truth. Now that you think about it, she also suffers a bit in my fic. Hopefully, I can provide some passable mindscrew in GenerationS as well. The sort of despair in helplessness schtick as well as decisions to kill, sacrifices, betrayals, etc...

Hayate:

She'll come out as a person with a stronger fortitude in the end, nonetheless.

Quote:
Puuh... time for me to blow out some crack again xD

Xgouki wanted to read about it... so I came up with this little story out of my Dark Future Setting.
Sorry for the long delay.

Ah... I tried to correct my gramma myself this time... so please bear with me.

Spoiler for The Corruption:

Oooh... EPIC material! Melikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Dammit, where is Aaron...?
  • I'm busy running some MAJOR overhauls in Aurion's profile as by doing some MAJOR de-HAXXing. (HAXXbusters cheer)
  • I'm planning on scrapping some more outragous ideas as well as making a more believable back-story for the Perfect Void (Universally fatal threat? Not any more.XD) in order to make it more feasible to the general public.
  • Also running ideas on how to bring about the Aurion vs. Hayate mock battle.
  • Planning out some MORE OC's.
  • Trying to inject an attempt at EPIC in one scene.
  • Conceptualizing the *beeeeeeeeeeep* in one scenario.
  • Revamping the spell list.
  • Doing even more powering down for some elements.
  • Inserting some scenes of the Perfect Void Incident in backflashes.
  • Scrapping the excessive referencing in my new OC's.
  • Contemplating on how to referecne Saga and the OFM in GenerationS.
  • Thinking of how to first insert Tk's OC's.
  • Thinking of proper tactics to use.
  • Thinking of how to 'believably' HAXX Luozorl further.
  • Thinking of Whether to add more ideas for Tyrfing.
  • Thinking of adding some familiars.
  • Thinking of adding some more OC's from others if possible.
  • Conceptualizing the final battle in a blievable light.
  • Making Hayate's performance believeable.
  • Changing the name and the concepts of the Bookmark System.
  • Offering some nostalgia for the Tome of the night Sky.
  • Thinking of a Tesla+Agito unison.
  • Thinking of a Hayate+Agito Unison...

In short, I want my story as canonically feasible as I can. And Yep, it's fun! Though I'm having particular trouble with portraying Hayate in combat due to excessive shafting.

I'd like to ask now (everyone who won't mind), how would you expect her to hold out in relatively close range? The initial idea is that she has a year under her wing for some training on mid to melee-range self-defense. How should she hold out against someone like say... Vita? As it is now, I'm imaging a large possibility of cries of, "She's supposed to do better!" or "She's not supposed to be THIS good!" or both. So I would like a general opinion. Her spellcasting is better now, BTW. But still way slower than most.

But I'm doing the others this a bit later, after enjoying MOAR Persona 3(Am bout to fight the monthly Third Boss in July) and doing even more important schoolwork. As well as moving into another condo unit.

Quote:
Spoiler for New Barrier Jacket Armor System:

Now THIS is what you call a henshin device!

Damn, You should have Shari borrow data from Aurion. His Barrier Jacket has a similar feature to the passive cartridge load stored in Reishiki. (Yes, he needs to charge his Barrier Jacket for at least a day or two for full utilization, as quickly recovering his purged spell-units is a hassle) as well as the independent systems of his VKA-units(the extra devices).

Would you mind that? ^^ It's okay if you don't want to though...

Quote:
FINALLY, I can attempt to break through this awesome technical backlog, which is a good read

With nothing to contribute to breaking down the exact numbers for all this tech though, all I can do is charge up and...

Nice!

Quote:

Quote:
DO need more please

Quote:
HOLY-

LOWE!!! DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT!!!

Quote:

Spoiler for Reaction:

*runs*

Boukenger reference this time?!

NICE!!!

Though it made me think... Since Aurion's trigger phrase was taken from Satoru Akashi/Boukenred...

Aurion: *snaps fingers* Attack!
Belkarangers: Roger!!! *charges*

*runs like frickin hell*

Quote:

...It probably needs more work. I'm typing this past midnight. Take heed of my sacrifices, comrades! I deprive myself of sleep to bring crack!
Very well made! Good job!

Quote:
...also, I will need to get the SRW OG Divine Wars anime. If only for Latooni-chan. Meido Loli pilot? WANT. And for Excellen. The only reason I don't want her is because she's a blonde and I'm not really into blondes (though I would change my allegience for Excellen's sake) and also because anybody who fucks with KyousukexExcellen, ONE TRUE PAIRING of OGs, deserves to die painfully and slowly.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2008-01-28, 03:53   Link #18980
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
It's being moderated... So I'm working to 31 first, since the unrevealed Numbers are too much for me to handle for now...

Quote:
LOWE!!! DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT!!!
But plz don't quote them either...

Quote:
Though it made me think... Since Aurion's trigger phrase was taken from Satoru Akashi/Boukenred...

Aurion: *snaps fingers* Attack!
Belkarangers: Roger!!! *charges*

*runs like frickin hell*

Spoiler for I take back what I said...: