AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-01-22, 17:17   Link #21
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Blood Ties

I am not much into Canadian TV mainly due to bad production values . Good acting and excellent plot seldom make up for bad sets . Yeah I am not much into dramas .

Though recently I picked up this show called Blood Ties . I have watched up to 3 episodes and has been so far so good . The show is just exactly right just good to decent . Its a mish mash of Supernatural Angel and Monk . I was slightly disappointed by the vampire in the show . He is too goody goody it wouldn't kill him to given into his primal instincts now and then . The Opening theme by Tamara Rhodes and the visuals that go along with it, is what got me interested in the show .

Summary

Old 2010-01-22, 17:24   Link #22
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Mentalist, CSI (Vegas and Miami), Heroes, Fringe, Law Order (SVU), House (miss Allison), Lost (coming soon),...Not enough time to watch the rest, but I will slowly do the catching up. And HBO's miniseries are always worth a look...

For the UK drama, the moment I tried law and order's UK version, I decided it was a bad idea, and never looked back.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 01:37   Link #23
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

best shows out now for me:

Being Human
Skins
Hustle
Misfits
Doctor Who

House
True Blood
Supernatural
Glee
Damages
Fringe
Leverage
Lost
White Collar

Looking Forward to Caprica and Life Unexpected developing.

can't belive i just used a CW show in the same sentence as someting that has the potential to be as big as Battlestar Galactica. it's happend.
Old 2010-01-23, 01:49   Link #24
Nosauz

So yea I still watch Grey's Anatomy and after TR left the show it seems like the only good writing about drama comes from Yang/hunt whereas during s1-s2, the group dynamic was great. It's sad that out of the 50 couples on the show i really only really enjoy one story line whereas during the first 2-3 seasons each and every story line seemed important.

Stuff that i watch now/this season
How I met your mother
Two and a Half men
Big Bang theory
Chuck
Burn Notice
White Collar
Pysch
Entourage (although its over)
Community (Chevy fucking chase, need I say more)
30 Rock
It's Always sunny in philadelphea
Lost when it comes back on.
Grey's Anatomy

once i get time
i'll be catching up on law and order CI, because thank god they got rid of noth last year.
And when it comes back
Breaking Bad because meth addicts need love to. Seriously one of the best shows written, this is what weeds was supposed to be instead of the fuck fest that season 3 was... come on the mexican mayor.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 02:06   Link #25
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
i'll be catching up on law and order CI, because thank god they got rid of noth last year.
Do you care that Vince D'Onofrio(Detective Goren) and Kathryn Erbe(Detective Eames) are leaving CI after the first two episodes next season?
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 03:02   Link #26
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Do you care that Vince D'Onofrio(Detective Goren) and Kathryn Erbe(Detective Eames) are leaving CI after the first two episodes next season?
yea i'm done then... honestly Goren is the only reason why I watch the show although, although jeff goldblum is awesome his partner is not so much. So once I watch d'onofrio leave i'm done. and I want to add d'onofrio's acting in MIB was freaking awesome.
Old 2010-01-23, 03:06   Link #27
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Yeah, the Bug was awesome.

Goldblum is getting a new partner, portrayed by Saffron Burrows, and I may check it out. But I agree, Vinny D. carried the the show, pretty much.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 03:28   Link #28
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Yeah, the Bug was awesome.

Goldblum is getting a new partner, portrayed by Saffron Burrows, and I may check it out. But I agree, Vinny D. carried the the show, pretty much.
I mean procedurals are just like that, either it's the cases or characters there are very few that get both right, House CI till noth showed up, Psych because it's not really serious, burn notice although the procedural part of the show is actually the worst part because its not really spy stuff, mentalist does it really well even though they axed the red faced killer story line which was good at least in my opinion it was good.

But yea of all the law and orders I just love Goren, cuz he's that sherlock holmsies character, and I would say my favorite episode would be the insurance hobo scam one. whereas svu is boring save Ice T, and Law and order, Brisco and jack the super prosecuter.
Old 2010-01-24, 04:14   Link #29
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Archer possibly one of the best shows I have seen in a while . Its South.Park meets Family.Guy / American.Dad . Its vulgar silly and in your face everything a secret agent is not meant to be . Take the worst of Austin Powers and Bond the embodiment is Duchess
Old 2010-03-27, 06:40   Link #30
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Hey Everybody,

Unsure if any of you guys watch 'The Bill', Britains most loved cop drama.
If you love The Bill, please help save it! We're all going mad over here!
It's my favourite show and it's been on for 27 years and now ITV are axing it!!

I am so mad, please sign the petition and visit www.savethebill.co.uk

xx

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 08:51   Link #31
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The new show I picked up is Spartacus

An interesting concept Gladiator meets 300 . Lot of fake CGI blood to be expected at times comical in lieu with Brain Dead and Evil Dead . The lead character Spartacus portrayed by Andy Whitfield is far from inspiring and leaves a lot to be desired . He doesn't give the impression he is same Spartacus who lead the slave rebellion . What I am trying to say is he lacks the dynamism or magnetism to rally the masses . I don't know who to blame the writer/director or the actor . Andy is a good actor but its hard to believe its the same historical Spartacus .

My favorite character in the show would be Lentulus Batiatus portrayed by John Hannah . Yep the same John from Mummy series, he has done a splendid job . The character I could somewhat relate to . Quite frankly he has stolen the show at least in S1 . Other honorable mentions are Lucy Lawless & Viva Bianca . Ilithyia (Viva) for me was the most interesting female character in the show .
Old 2011-10-24, 03:15   Link #32
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
Spooks
After 10 long years, Spooks is done.

I literally wanted to cry.

This is one of the few British shows I've enjoyed watching (most seem really grade B; not that I blame them as I'm sure their budgets are far lower than American TV) over the last decade. So, so sad to see it over.

This last season wasn't the best (in fact, I thought it was one of the worse really), but boy....Ruth dying, Harry finding out he'd been played all those years, then Tom showing up for a few seconds...what a way to end the series for good.

Here's hoping Britain comes up with something good to replace Spooks' timeslot next year!
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 03:40   Link #33
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

These days just about the only things I am making time to watch are:

The Walking Dead
Psych (hilarious for a buddy/cop show)
Big Bang Theory (not a drama)
Old 2011-10-24, 19:40   Link #34
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
My top 5
  • Doctor Who (Baker-era) (Eccleston/Tennant were also decent)
  • Twin Peaks
  • Neverwhere
  • X-Files (1st season only)
  • Torchwood (Children of Earth ) (the recent co-production was at best average)
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 11:32   Link #35
james0246

^I really liked the recent Torchwood season...well, the first 6-7 episodes at least. The premise was cool, and the thought and detail the writers put into the idea was quite fun. It did fall apart at the end, but the promise of future seasons is really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
After 10 long years, Spooks is done.

I literally wanted to cry.
I haven't seen the final season/series yet (it did just end this previous Sunday ), but I will miss the show.

In terms of recent American dramas, I am really liking American Horror Story. Great visuals, good story, fine acting, and a constantly compelling, if disturbing, story. Can't wait to see how this one ends.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 15:20   Link #36
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

- Supernatural
- Vampire Diaries
- True Blood
- Big Bang theory
- How I met your mother

that all in my watching list
Old 2011-10-26, 19:27   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Speaking of UK tv,

I have heard that Terry Pratchett and Prime Focus Production is creating a Tv Series base on the The City Watch of Ankh-Morpork.

This was back in March, anyone heard anything since?
Old 2011-10-26, 20:11   Link #38
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Speaking of UK tv,

I have heard that Terry Pratchett and Prime Focus Production is creating a Tv Series base on the The City Watch of Ankh-Morpork.

This was back in March, anyone heard anything since?
Nope, and while my immediate reaction was "no, they're going to ruin my fond memories", I now have moderate expectations for it based on the Going Postal miniseries being decent.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 20:22   Link #39
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Nope, and while my immediate reaction was "no, they're going to ruin my fond memories", I now have moderate expectations for it based on the Going Postal miniseries being decent.
i thought the Going Postal series got change too much. Hogfather movie was imo quite excellent. Anyway i am kinda surprise none of the Watch books has been done yet.
Old 2011-10-29, 09:41   Link #40
Fuyuno
Banned

I don't really remember what the last time I actually enjoyed American TV shows that are not documentaries and game/reality shows but the last one I used to like is CSI, Las Vegas one.
Fuyuno is offline   Reply With Quote