AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 3 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 18.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 27.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-29, 10:51   Link #101
Homura7

The only thing I know 100% is going to happen in this final arc is that there's gonna be a lot of 'Sore wa chigau yo!'
Old 2016-09-30, 02:10   Link #102
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Which is still irrelevant in the light of someone with the capability to create said drugs being in existance.

The only thing that makes it obscure is that DR3 imho did too many timelaps and wasn't clear about whether students actually stay there for 3 years or not, because if thery don't the timetable gets a bit screwy with DR0 imho.

You have acess to it if you buy it just the same as with the games btw
That there is likely no translation for it has zero relevance, since unless you live in Japan you aren't exactly part of their imminent target audience.

Killer Killer was available to everyone willing to pay for it just like everything else.

You mean like the part where no one with medical expertice actually confirmed the deaths when there are still singular cases of people being buried alive despite proper meidcal exams having taken place in our very real world non-anime world?

Edit:
Oh something nice regarding fake rigor mortis btw:

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ina-kolkiewicz

So please enlighten me - how can you justify no drugs being able to replicate stiff r.m. muscles and slow breathing being possible in a world where the characters essentially take Fallout-Universe Stimpacks and combat drugs ?

So yeah i daresay the possibility being there was a fair argument
In the story! In the actual story! Dear lord why won't you understand this simple fact that these things never get mentioned in the actual story. You shouldn't need to have random wiki knowledge to understand what's going on in the story. And neither should you have to have read every little bit of obscure side material that only a small part of the audience has actually read.
Old 2016-09-30, 08:16   Link #103
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
The only thing I know 100% is going to happen in this final arc is that there's gonna be a lot of 'Sore wa chigau yo!'
So disappointing, how this one turned out on hindsight.
Old 2016-11-02, 19:59   Link #104
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Thus, concluded the Future arc, and I guess this was an okay episode given the surprises I got to witness from the start to the end.

When I first watched this episode months ago I presumed that Tengan had been compromised from watching the Mitarai-Junko despair video, but after rewatching the same episode I'm now convinced that wasn't the case. However, I strongly believe that Tengan one way or another suspected Chisa had been or become a remnant of despair.

Hence, I do not blame Tengan for resorting to such extreme measures such setting up the final killing game, because leaving the Future Foundation to its own devices eventually would have fallen apart since the organization had already begun a process of steady decline towards its demise:

1. Falling out from Munakata due that their views on approaching the elimination of despair eventually drifted apart, though this was contributed due to Chisa sowing the seeds of discord on Munakata thanks to Junko's coerced manipulation (a.k.a. being subjected to watch the Despair video in the Despair arc).

2. Other division heads within the organization such as Ruruka and Izayoi desired to break apart from the Future Foundation to start on their own because from years of experience working within the organization they realized the Foundation's crusade against despair would eventually become meaningless.

3. Many people around the world were already blaming the Future Foundation for causing more despair and unnecessary troubles the same as the Ultimate Despairs did. Not to forget that Tengan himself was a former headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy. The same institution whose staff and higher-ups conned and tricked the world with their cover-ups on the Ultimate Hope program, the Parade, and the starting point from which the the Most Terrible, Atrocious, Despair Tragedy Event in Human History began.

Factoring all that burden and issues became too much for the old man to handle through more peaceful methods like diplomacy. Hence, he thought that for the best to restore hope in the world was to eventually fight despair with the same tools that Junko employed after obtaining the Despair and Suicide videos from Chisa; not forgetting that Tengan would learn that Mitarai began privately at making a brainwashing, hope video to undone the wrongs caused by Junko using his technology.

Still, I can feel optimistic that Tengan might have arranged the whole game to leave Mitarai with the choice whether to use or not the hope video, but for that possibility of a choice to come true it would have required Mitarai's absence from the game, thus, not assisting to the Future Foundation main HQ where Tengan setup the final killing game so as all heads present would personally deal with each other and putting an end to the internal strife even to the last of consequences.

Unfortunately, as all we know Mitarai did assist to that meeting, so maybe Tengan felt sorry for having to put Mitarai through all the ordeal in order to incite the youth at breaking point to decisively choose to use the hope video.

However, as noble and as desperate Tengan felt having to resort on Mitarai to use the hope video to cleanse despair in the most non-aggressive approach, we all know that the path to hell is paved nothing short but of good and noble intentions.
Even Junko commented that he and the Future Foundation learned nothing of the past mistakes committed with the Kamukura Izuru Project at Hope's Peak, and now the deceased Tengan intended for Mitarai deploying the hope video to erase despair from peoples' hearts in the name of hope. Consequently, committing such act will yield outcomes and results not so different from what Junko and her Ultimate Despair did at triggering the worldwide Tragedy.
Old 2017-09-29, 15:00   Link #105
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

You know, the whole Tengan being Despair messes up a bit of the plot. Munakata asked him if Tengan was part of Despair as a question. Tengan answered that he is not. I would prefer that he aimed to kill the Leaders due to him knowing there was internal corruption and of course, using Mitarai's video.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2019-03-19, 10:11   Link #106
FFTHEWINNER

ok. my thoughts on future arc episode twelve:

-so at first they make it look like Tengan watched the video and became a despair. that ofcourse wouldnt have made any sense,as he already knew the video brainwashes anyone watches it,so it is good that they didnt go in that direction. unfortunately,the direction they did go in wasnt any less stupid. heck,it was even more stupid. like munakata said,if tengan was so set on using the video why didnt he just steal it from ryota or force ryota to use it? makoto's reply to that question makes absoloutely no sense. he "entrusted his hope to ryota"? what does that even mean?? there was literally no reason whatsoever to do all this murder to get him to use the video. heck,if the video wasnt made and he wanted to force him to make it it would have been a tiny bit better,but the video was already made lol. you could take it anytime you wanted.

-furthermore,if ryota wasnt inteded to be in the death game then
--who invited him?
--why didnt Tengan cancel the death game when he discovered it could very much be meaningless because the whole goal could easily die in it?
--how come Ryota already had a bracelet made for him with a forbidden action?
--how come that forbidden action is precisely the thing tengan wants him to use?
if tengan's plan was tampered with by an external source who installed the bracelets and whatnot then that would explain a few of these,but at this point i doubt that.

-also,how did old man tengan move them all to the lower premises?and why did he put a very dangerous Forbidden action on himself that could have easily forced him to expose the truth at anypoint(maybe his bracelet didnt have poison in it and thus he wasnt beholden to it?possible i guess)?and who killed the guards?and if despair wasnt involved then how come the fake guards had red eyes? bah gawd this makes no sense whatsoever!

-also, god is all this "videos" stuff stupid. i legit cant believe this crap is what DR devolved into. a "video of mindcontrol hope"to combat the "video of mindcontrol despair", and that "hope"video somehow allowed Aoi to betray Makoto,even though that is completely against any principle of friendship and loyalty that hope is all about in the first place. that video of "hope"also makes people have no problem killing, even though killing is despair not hope. what the flying f***. My god. that is stupid.

-another reason it is stupid: you dont suddenly change the whole equation in the final episode/the second to last episode. the entire thing was built as "the final battle between Monokuma and Makoto. Between hope and despair". Monokuma even said so himself. that was the entire point of the show. yet in the end(as i unfortunately expected)there literally was no "Monokuma" whatsoever. just a pretaped message. thus,the entire point of the show became invalid. there was no "final battle of hope vs despair". not only that,it got changed to "Ryota vs Makoto",which would have been semi-acceptable if ryota was the "Monokuma" of this show. the mastermind. instead,he was an innocent bystander and victim who randomly became the main villain out of nowhere at the very very end.

-i will give them one tiny credit though,which is that ryota is doing exactly what junko said last despair episode when she said that a world without any despair is despairing in its own way,so he is accomplishing her goals without even knowing it,which is a nice touch,but not nearly enough to excuse all this crap.

-How the f*** did Aoi return to normal?? one moment she was mind controlled,then after the commercial she wasnt. there was absolutely no hint as to how she was freed from the mind control that literally NO ONE was able to be freed from in the entire series without the entire NWP program,yet she was randomly and quickly freed from it just like that. the hell??

-Munakata Clotheslining the guards and their stormtrooper aim were funny though XD

-also,apparently bullets dont pass through wooden doors. go figure >_>.

-so were the video results that we saw imaginary or real? they should be imaginary,as the countdown hasnt finished,yet we see that Makoto was really surrounded like we saw in the results video,so it was half real and half imaginary?wth lol?

-the "Junko Narration" portion was weird as heck. so she is basically narrating from the afterlife with chisa?and eating popcorn there? wth lol?also,chisa returned to the hope side after her death? XD
well,atleast this gives me hope that she can be resurrected in the future by some dark ritual then XD

a really,really,really,really crappy episode. second worst in the series for sure (nothing will ever top episode 7 as worst).

Danganronpa 2.5 OVA next,then the hope episode.

Edit: Where are the discussion threads for the hope episode and the Danganronpa 2.5 OVA? searched for them here and cant find them :/
2nd Edit: Found the hope discussion thread. still cant find the DR2.5 OVA Discussion thread :/

Last edited by FFTHEWINNER; 2019-03-19 at 10:33.
Old 2019-03-21, 11:34   Link #107
FFTHEWINNER

so since we have no "Danganronpa V2.5 OVA" Discussion topic i will post my thoughts here under a spoiler. dont read them unless you have already watched the OVA

Spoiler for Danganronpa V2.5 OVA Spoilers:
Old 2019-03-22, 07:09   Link #108
FFTHEWINNER

also,found the 3 Omakes that were included with DR3 Blurays. unfortunately,there was no sub for them . still,i got the general gist of them.
Spoiler for DR3 Bluray Omake Spoilers:
can send the link to anyone who wishes to see them,as they were hard to find
Closed Thread