AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-17, 02:14   Link #201
Tenzen12

If there is anyone who plays tha drinking game Kampai You don't have to thank me. Pretty much there is no clear answer though.

TaB was pretty much exact border what I can hadle. But It seems this show have some own merit, so I will just have to give it shot or I will wait if someone else can tell me more.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 02:25   Link #202
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Well on a personal level I'd agree with you. For the longest time I had no interest in Tiger & Bunny because of the super hero angle (personally I've gotten sick of the super hero craze in the US). I finally watched it because a lot of Online friends were talking about it and I didn't want to miss out. Then when I watched I wondered why no one had mentioned it was also very much a "Buddy Cop Show" which I have always had a thing for.
Yeah, and I remember seeing many people who went into T&B expecting a superhero series, and then were disappointd because there was barely any superheroics in it. Frankly I think the superhero aspect was just there as an addition to the main story which was the buddy cop show/drama, perhaps to give the series a more "American" feel.

I'm sure that the superhero thing was the main sell point in the Western fandom, but I think that those who actually stayed with the show weren't staying for the superhero aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Well to be fair it takes time to produce a show. We wouldn't see Tiger & Bunny influenced shows for a few years after T&B came out.

I didn't really feel like Gatchaman Crowds was influenced by T&B's success but I think Samurai Flamenco could be, or it could just be a coincidence.
Yes, as I also said above Samurai Flamenco could be a direct result of T&B, but Gatchaman Crowds was very different, and it had a background as the reboot/spin-off of an old, beloved franchise. I'm pretty sure that its conception and development had nothing whatsoever to do with T&B. And the only other superhero show aside of those two was Sacred Seven which was developed and aired along with T&B by the same studio. (And which was actually lots of fun! I don't really understand why it was so hated.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
So far I'm finding it a lot more interesting to compare Samumenco and T&B than it actually is to watch it. Sure it's fun to see how two different groups of people took basically the same idea (what if superheroes were real?) and run in completely opposite directions with it but I just found the first episode so dull and the justice speeches so trite. No dude, yes you're right that people are breaking the law by smoking and jaywalking but that doesn't mean you run up to them in an alley and start yelling at them at it. Especially if you're just going to get you ass kicked in a fight with a drunk dude, then you've caused more trouble than what the drunk caused in the first place!
That was the entire point, Gotou even lampshaded it. "I was out fighting evil!" "So basically you picked a fight with a drunk over something really petty."
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 14:44   Link #203
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Wow, this episode progressed quite nicely, i'll be watching it a while longer now.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 14:58   Link #204
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Future sidekick in the making?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-17, 15:31   Link #205
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

This is noitaminA that I used to love.
Old 2013-10-17, 15:56   Link #206
kuromitsu

This episode was awesome. I think I'll just go and rewatch it.

(Too bad we didn't see more of the shooting, I would've liked to see Masayoshi dance...)

(Also, since Mari is apparently another hero otaku, is she the female hero in the official art? Awww!)
Old 2013-10-17, 15:57   Link #207
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Same here, really. I'm bummed that it seems to be flopping so hard, because I've been enjoying it immensely - it's got its fair share of flaws (could the MineMira part from this week possibly have looked any worse?!), yet it's doing just as much right. Oomori can really shine through original stories.
Old 2013-10-17, 16:10   Link #208
RollingPenguin

Quote:
I feel the same way,this is really a funny,smart low key comedy with relatable adult characters.I just hate decision to have crappy muddy coloring,this was probably done to make it seem like everything is much more grounded in reality but it just made it really hard for me too look at!
RollingPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 16:12   Link #209
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPenguin View Post
I feel the same way,this is really a funny,smart low key comedy with relatable adult characters.I just hate decision to have crappy muddy coloring,this was probably done to make it seem like everything is much more grounded in reality but it just made it really hard for me too look at!
The coloring are clearly the weakest part, more vibrant are always better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Same here, really. I'm bummed that it seems to be flopping so hard, because I've been enjoying it immensely - it's got its fair share of flaws (could the MineMira part from this week possibly have looked any worse?!), yet it's doing just as much right. Oomori can really shine through original stories.
At least we get 20+ eps of this, after that we can cry again seeing show with magic gun and flying car polluting the channel.
Old 2013-10-17, 16:35   Link #210
Blaat

I'm rather curious why the manager looked annoyed when she saw the umbrella with the 'girlish' strap?
Old 2013-10-17, 16:39   Link #211
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm rather curious why the manager looked annoyed when she saw the umbrella with the 'girlish' strap?
She thought Masayoshi was having a girl over? Perhaps the agency has a no dating rule, but even if it doesn't Masayoshi getting a girlfriend is not exactly ideal from her POV.
Old 2013-10-17, 16:51   Link #212
RainbowMagnet

Caught the first two episodes today and so far so good. I liked the second one better than the first one. The new characters that were introduced are all good so far, Mari being the best out of the lot of them. Secretly hoping for her to become one of the "heroes" too.

I know a lot of people are dissapointed with this not being an actual superhero show, but I actually prefer the low-key atmosphere that has been going on instead. It's not something you see a lot because most anime these days rather go for flashy, and it's nice to have something different now and then.

Also the OST is really nice. Somehow got me pumped up during the chase scene, which was rather poorly animated. Just like the rest of the show actually.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 17:26   Link #213
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Yeah, it's a really good character based show, nice and quirky.

People expecting a proper superhero show might be disappointed, but I think I'd have been more disappointed had it been one, and not what it is.

I'm liking the OST, although bits of it keep reminding me of something else.
There's that one part which sounds like it's about to break into Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life", and this episode had a bit which kept reminding me of Henry Mancini's "Pink Panther Theme"
Or is that just me?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 18:34   Link #214
Requiem-x
The slacking one

As expected, or rather, hoped, the rest of the cast seems to be a fun crew, especially Mari. Looking forward to more of her already. I'll admit Masayoshi was getting a bit preachy there, but once he got to put his words in action, all was right again and I was rooting for our hero to succeed in his marathonic quest. Also, I really liked the BGM that played during the whole chase. Uplifting as hell.

Seriously, a hero loving idol. What's not to like?
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 19:40   Link #215
Kirarakim

God that food at the end looked so good

Loved in the beginning when he told the lady he isn't anyone suspicios

This show is ridiculous but in a good way. Goto continues to be my favorite, but I am also looking forward to what the idol girls bring to the cast.
Old 2013-10-17, 19:56   Link #216
crimsonflair
Support Class

I have to say that I am starting to enjoy this series; this really does have potential to be something great and enjoyable.
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 22:27   Link #217
pampz21
ShipCore

Wow...this got me really excited! I will never steal an umbrella ever again!!!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 00:48   Link #218
Golden Bug-Hunter

This is definitely one of the highlights of the season for me. Looking forward to more.
Golden Bug-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 01:07   Link #219
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder if an umbrella with an anti-theft system would be popular? Like a steel wire loop. Since it's just a crime of opportunity, it'd almost guarantee that the would-be thief would take someone else's instead of yours. But having to lock and unlock it like a bike would be inconvenient.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 03:00   Link #220
ginger02

omg I expected some action show when I saw the poster and super surprised with this. Loving the characters.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina