AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2018-07-15, 08:58   Link #6661
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
I think the Chifuyu route isn't out of the question. As each reboot manga volume have an alternate cover with Ichika and Chifuyu together. Volume 6 of the rebooted manga not only shows the two of them walking together of the front, but also shows them getting married on the alternate. With Ichika in a suit and Chifuyu in a wedding dress.
NEED to see this. Links please

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 09:34   Link #6662
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?

Quote:
I think the Chifuyu route isn't out of the question. As each reboot manga volume have an alternate cover with Ichika and Chifuyu together. Volume 6 of the rebooted manga not only shows the two of them walking together of the front, but also shows them getting married on the alternate. With Ichika in a suit and Chifuyu in a wedding dress.
The manga adapts the light novels 100%. It won't have a different ending to them...outside of like, a bonus 'alternate end' chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
NEED to see this. Links please
Quote:
NEED to see this.
There's no need to double post...saying the exact same thing.
Old 2018-07-15, 09:54   Link #6663
Silvertail

Quote:
NEED to see this.
Just look for chapter 27 on a manga site. Rapid Switch translated the chapter so it's available. You can find it on fanfox.net.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 01:16   Link #6664
mastafrooper

Quote:
Yes, unfortunately. Because Izuru forgot the best route(s) and should have given us Madoka and Chifuyu route.
A man of exceptional taste it seems.

Alas, Izuru will give us a dull old Houki ending.
mastafrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 17:10   Link #6665
Tsundere89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastPanzer View Post
Ahem, time for the good ol’ summary of volume 12 now that i’ve got enough beauty sleep.
https://www.matolabel.net/archives/70069255.html

Spoiler for DAFAQ galore?! Just lemme pass Izuru’s face through a grinder already!:

Me: BOOOOO! HISSSSSSSS!!
So, does this mean Houki and Ichika are together now?? If they are not and the author plans to make them the ending couple then how does he plan to do it? or in the end, do you guys think he will just end it with an open ending?
Tsundere89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 12:07   Link #6666
darkofficer
just a devil

]Wha this is gonna be a houki ending, I'm so suprised................

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 19:02   Link #6667
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
]Wha this is gonna be a houki ending, I'm so suprised................
of course, the main heroine always get the male mc in harem series
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 20:01   Link #6668
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
of course, the main heroine always get the male mc in harem series
i know that i was being sarcastic

Old 2018-07-24, 19:53   Link #6669
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

This is a Pyrrhic victory, sacrificing the interest and hype it had by running nearly every character through the mud except for Houki. Infinite Stratos is the textbook example of how not to write a harem series
Constant use will make it dull and weaken; it's user lacking purpose and aim. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with a mighty fire; a fierce blade, to cleave the one who beckoned their vengeance
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 17:44   Link #6670
Silvertail

Everyone's been writing about they think Houki is going to be picked in the end. Has anyone thought about how Madoka stab Ichika at the end volume 12? Does this mean Ichika's going to die at the beginning of the next volume and the girls are going to start reflecting how much he meant to them? Also, I'm still wondering about the new girl Iris. The summary didn't really explain much about her.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 18:53   Link #6671
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Everyone's been writing about they think Houki is going to be picked in the end. Has anyone thought about how Madoka stab Ichika at the end volume 12? Does this mean Ichika's going to die at the beginning of the next volume and the girls are going to start reflecting how much he meant to them?
yeahhhhhh......... no

Old 2018-07-29, 23:42   Link #6672
Tsundere89

Quote:
Everyone's been writing about they think Houki is going to be picked in the end. Has anyone thought about how Madoka stab Ichika at the end volume 12? Does this mean Ichika's going to die at the beginning of the next volume and the girls are going to start reflecting how much he meant to them? Also, I'm still wondering about the new girl Iris. The summary didn't really explain much about her.
They had time to do that near the end of season 1 when he looked like he was on his deathbed. Besides, the other girls feeling for him are rather shallow when you compare them to Houk feelings. It's just how the author has written it.
Tsundere89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 12:32   Link #6673
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere89 View Post
They had time to do that near the end of season 1 when he looked like he was on his deathbed. Besides, the other girls feeling for him are rather shallow when you compare them to Houk feelings. It's just how the author has written it.
You're probably about the other feelings for him are rather shallow. I just found out myself. Each member of the IS harem have a weak and selfish love for him, as each one of them wants to have Ichika all to herself without considering his feelings. Kind of like if they're lusting after him. I starting to understand why Chifuyu won't let anyone of the those seven girls to have Ichika without paying.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 13:30   Link #6674
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere89 View Post
that's why i dropped this series when they had those alternate realities everyone wanted to bone ichika and only houki had a sweet dream i call that BS

Old 2018-07-30, 16:23   Link #6675
blitz1/2

Quote:
Well another ending I can appreciate is Madoka killing herself in a lover suicide with Ichika. xD

Old 2018-08-01, 13:54   Link #6676
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
The manga adapts the light novels 100%. It won't have a different ending to them...outside of like, a bonus 'alternate end' chapter.
Is there any reason why the manga had to be delayed until 2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
This is a Pyrrhic victory, sacrificing the interest and hype it had by running nearly every character through the mud except for Houki. Infinite Stratos is the textbook example of how not to write a harem series
Why did this series make such a big splash at the start then? Is it because each heroine's "charm points" were intact back then before being dragged through the mud?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-01, 13:56   Link #6677
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Is there any reason why the manga had to be delayed until 2019?

Why did this series make such a big splash at the start then? Is it because each heroine's "charm points" were intact back then before being dragged through the mud?
Yes that happend unless you're houki.

Old 2018-08-01, 15:47   Link #6678
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
Yes that happend unless you're houki.

I wonder if the involvement of foreign girl(s) increased the hype?

Old 2018-08-01, 16:10   Link #6679
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
I wonder if the involvement of foreign girl(s) increased the hype?
Nope, IS just was released at the time anime fans were multiplying and was generic enough to attract enough fans, like a lot of old light novels even if those fumble in long term writting(you can see their cracks) the same happened with zero no tsukaima and others.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-01, 17:16   Link #6680
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Nope, IS just was released at the time anime fans were multiplying and was generic enough to attract enough fans, like a lot of old light novels even if those fumble in long term writting(you can see their cracks) the same happened with zero no tsukaima and others.
Actually, IS wasn't really "generic" at the time of release. It was one of the first to combine the "highschool of adventure" with harem romcom. It was an easy to use (and replicate) formula, and as such has been copied itself dozens of times since then.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, seinen, shounen