Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-14, 04:14   Link #221
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I disagree with the projections that this'll be a "light" mecha series, tbh.
You know I thought t'd be light at first but after checking out the staff I'm not so sure anymore
Chief director Satou (also doing bodacious space pirates this season) doesn't always work on light stuff and also has anyone seen series composer Shôtarô Suga's track record as a writer?

His only other series composer credit is the second half of Darker than Black,he contributed scripts to the rest of the show as well.
He's also contributed scripts to shows like Blood +,Devil May Cry,Le Chevalier D'Eon,Eureka 7,GiTS: SAC,Moribito,Eden of the East.

Of course he only had minor roles in those but basicly when this writer tends to be involved in something it doesn't turn out too light,there's only a couple exception here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
She can wear one-side rolled-up legs because she's da pimp!
Madoka - so hip it hurts XD
As the OP says,there REALLY is something about the jersey girl
Old 2012-01-15, 12:14   Link #222
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2012-01-15, 12:54   Link #223
Midonin
Last Engage

They're really pushing the Kamogawa angle.

I do think I'm going to like Muginami, though.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 14:01   Link #224
ookamigirl

Madoka and her starting confusion wore off pretty fast after another clash with the enemy.
Making a phone call in the middle of fighting was pretty relaxed & LOL of her.
The mecha fights were nice.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 17:08   Link #225
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Madoka gets her first trial of resolve and comes out quickly. It was obviously meant to add to her character but it's kinda hard to see how that adds to her character when it's resolved so easily and so quickly. Oh well, I still like her. I hope they start answering questions quickly (Like how the hell the rest of the people in that town hasn't noticed two epic mecha battles in the sky...)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 17:10   Link #226
Sol Falling

ep. 2 is good stuff.

Muginami sounds like she has the same VA as Agiri from Kill Me Baby. Was kind of weird. Well, I liked it there, so I guess I'll like it here.

Madoka's relationship with her onee-san/cousin is pretty great. I'm enjoying this show's development.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 17:28   Link #227
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Ahh Madoka, you have yet to seize my smile whenever you act goofy and wild in situations that are meant to be serious, but thats what I love about you

As soon as that guy told Madoka "The future of our planet rests in our hands" I immediately thought "Thats a lot of pressure to put on her!" and right after, Madoka said "I can't handle the kind of pressure right now!" I snickered quite a lot after that

I wonder who that girl was that Madoka ran into in the hangers. They were both lost, but the blonde haired girl seemed less worried XD As for Lan, it appears she wants to be more help towards Madoka. It was actually quite surprising to to her begin to tear up since from what we have so from her so far, she''s pretty emotionless. Aww Lan, you big softy However, I guess something happened to Lan since she was stopped by that guy and he mentioned that she may not be able to accept the Vox in her current state.

In the end, all it took was Madoka's cousin to annoy her to the point that she would want to beat something up, thats a perfectly reasonable way to get the robot moving But, to her misfortunes, it appears that it is a handicap match now (Sorry, after that superplex from last episode, I can't help but use wrestling terms for this anime now )

Good overall, we learned a bit more about Madoka.
Old 2012-01-15, 17:50   Link #228
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
As soon as that guy told Madoka "The future of our planet rests in our hands" I immediately thought "Thats a lot of pressure to put on her!" and right after, Madoka said "I can't handle the kind of pressure right now!" I snickered quite a lot after that
The part that got to me was what she said right afterward "but I havn't seen Tokyo yet!"
The whole cellphone antics were great too,from looking for signal inside the facility to taking her cellphone inside her mecha and then casualy answering it

Would love to see a crossover edit where Youko (Madoka's cousin) yells at Shu from Guilty Crow!
Old 2012-01-15, 21:12   Link #229
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

How much did that defeated mech weigh? Seemed kind of silly that those two helicopters could lift it, plus the way they had it balanced looked pretty precarious. Also, how is Madoka able to use her cellphone underwater?
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 21:43   Link #230
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 21:54   Link #231
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hrm ... well, I guess I kinda liked ep 2. I guess it is fair to admit that I am not much of a mecha fan to begin with in general, but somehow the contrast of Madoka's cheerful, genki personality and actions in the middle of "serious mecha drama story" is the most interesting part thus far. The relationship between Madoka and the robot reminds me of that of the main character and her robot Zero from Skygirls for some odd reason....

I must admit that I giggled when I heard the VA of Muginami - isn't it the same who VA's Menma from Ano Hana? Somehow the contrast of Menma with Muginami was ... odd. Also Lan's "Wan." statement also made me chuckle.

7/10 vote from me for ep 2.

Hrm ... well I guess I will keep watching for the moment.
Old 2012-01-15, 22:03   Link #232
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I'm still not sure what to think about this anime, but I'm leaning towards liking it. The main heroine is a spunky and gutsy gal and that's pretty interesting. I like to so what kind of stunts she's going to pull off, but the overall plot direction and story doesn't seem to interesting.
Old 2012-01-15, 22:04   Link #233
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I must admit that I giggled when I heard the VA of Muginami - isn't it the same who VA's Menma from Ano Hana? Somehow the contrast of Menma with Muginami was ... odd.
You want an odder contrast? She was also Ume from Ben-To and Inori from guilty crown. Kayano Ai is quite versitile.

The guy who keeps his eyes closed seems suspicious I wonder if he isn't the real "bad guy",doesn't seem to care too much about earth.
Old 2012-01-15, 22:07   Link #234
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You want an odder contrast? She was also Ume from Ben-To and Inori from guilty crown. Kayano Ai is quite versitile....
Yes indeed! No argument as to her versatility ... but the style she spoke in this ep reminded me totally of Menma.

Alternate reality story: Menma does not die, but lives on, grows up, and becomes a huge drop dead gorgeous, air-headed super mecha pilot?

Or something like that.
Old 2012-01-15, 22:23   Link #235
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now that is uniform that just disappear into a skimpy uniform
Old 2012-01-15, 22:32   Link #236
Jarmel

I'm really liking this so far. I'm surprised. I hope the animation quality atleast maintains this level.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 22:33   Link #237
Cyblaster
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Anyone know what's up with the way madoka wears her pants?
Don't some people do that when they bike?
Cyblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 22:33   Link #238
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Just saw ep 1 and 2 and wow, like really wow!

Theres alot in anime I really really like and think is great but to actually wow me is a rare thing, last anime to give me that wow feeling I think was Clannad After Story but that was more of a collective wow after watching the whole series, this wow'ed me in the 1st ep alone!
Not even Horizon managed to get a wow from me and that was my favorite anime from last season and of the year.

Visually stunning and backed with a awesome OST that rivals Horizons!

If theres one thing about this is it's simply got that undescribable feeling of enjoyment and god doe's it so have it!

Seems the Japanese like the German suplex

This has gone straight to the top of my must watch list this season.
Old 2012-01-16, 00:40   Link #239
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

I love these physics!

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 00:49   Link #240
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

While this isn't a bad show by any means, it hasn't done anything new, nor has it improved on anything that has already been done before. May keep watching it, but it needs a more interesting turn at some point.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri