AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-09, 18:39   Link #3621
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I haven't been following the updates for a while, but was there a release date announcement for Dragonborn on the PC already?
Old 2013-01-09, 18:50   Link #3622
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

PC release date hasn't been announced. However it should be a month after Xbox receive it. I think it has been over a month now, so soon hopefully, soon...
Old 2013-01-09, 19:06   Link #3623
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
... I found - in a secret room - the corpse of a farmer that had been waylaid/double-crossed by the said bandits. The Radiant Engine told me to brings news of the man's demise back to his wife (she has a farm outside Riften if I'm not mistaken), but the problem is that meeting her triggered the quest to find the said husband. And from there on, no matter what I tried, I just can't talk to her and bring up the dialogue line wherein I notify her of her husband's death and she finally starts to mourn his passing. For now the quest remains unfinished. Because the line of events has been inadvertently bungled up.

I still have nightmares of when I tried to complete "Blood on the Ice" and simply couldn't, because I did things out of sequence (wrong dialogue choices, not talking to the guards at a specific time, etc) and console commands completely failed to resolve the situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I had a problem with the same quest (it was near Riften) and solved it with the console. No problems afterwards.
It's been awhile since I played that quest but I recall having exactly the same issue (finding the dead farmer first), and I was able to fix it using the console commands. Now, as for Blood on the Ice... I swear that until Bethesda patched it, it must've been the buggiest quest in Skyrim; I guess because you could overrun Windhelm during the Civil War quest-line. Even after it was patched I still wasn't able to start the quest, and thus buy the town manor. I was only able to start/complete the quest on my second (mini) play-through where I was only playing the civil war quest-line from the Stormcloak's side.

Last edited by Fahd; 2013-01-10 at 02:19.
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 20:01   Link #3624
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have both successfully done the farmer's wife missing husband backwards and forwards ... AND had it fail both ways. yeah, its just very fragile.
Old 2013-01-09, 21:16   Link #3625
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

GStaff, the administrator for BethSoft's official forums and an actual employee for BethSoft, confirmed that Dragonborn will not be released this week, but otherwise can't say when it will be.

Fsck.
Old 2013-01-11, 19:37   Link #3626
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Just a quick example: I was very recently tasked with clearing out a cave full of bandits (through a Jarl's notice), and while I was busy plundering it, I found - in a secret room - the corpse of a farmer that had been waylaid/double-crossed by the said bandits. The Radiant Engine told me to brings news of the man's demise back to his wife (she has a farm outside Riften if I'm not mistaken), but the problem is that meeting her triggered the quest to find the said husband. And from there on, no matter what I tried, I just can't talk to her and bring up the dialogue line wherein I notify her of her husband's death and she finally starts to mourn his passing. For now the quest remains unfinished. Because the line of events has been inadvertently bungled up.
I just completed this event and noticed something curious about it.

After checking the corpse of the farmer, I got the objective of reporting this back to his wife, but after checking it a second time I got a new objective saying that I had to report the dead to the whole family as well. Nothing happened after talking with the farmer's son, but informing the wife did cleared both entries in my log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I have both successfully done the farmer's wife missing husband backwards and forwards ... AND had it fail both ways. yeah, its just very fragile.
Not sure if getting the second objective helps, but I though I should mention it here just in case.
Old 2013-01-17, 07:08   Link #3627
sa547
*Author

Revamped the swimming pool mod for the second time, but the navmesh is still much of a bitch. However, I've integrated a new heating system for Frostfall users, and a navmesh for those with followers.

BTW, because I often frequent the Thieves' Guild HQ, it's only appropriate that I made a player home for it:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30041/

Last edited by sa547; 2013-01-17 at 19:55.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 10:14   Link #3628
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Problem with Frostfall for me is that NO NPC or followers are affected. It is downright silly that bandits can use me through a freezing iceland and not harmed while I have to fight the chill and them at the same time.

Also, My newly made sorceress started in Winterhold rather than whiterun, trapping her there and unable to leave...
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 10:46   Link #3629
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've been using the alternate life start mod (where you can pick a starting point and the dragonborn quest isn't triggered until you visit Helgen).

Its really a lot of fun. My favorite is the "wake up after being ambushed by a caravan". You really have nothing but the rags on your back, not even a weapon. You're fairly willing to throttle the first hunter you see to take their knife
Old 2013-01-18, 12:14   Link #3630
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Dragonborn's release date has been confirmed--we've still got to wait 2 more bloody weeks though, until February 5.

PS3 will also be getting all three DLCs in February, though a date hasn't been set. First they're releasing the 1.8 update, then Dragonborn, then Dawnguard, and then finally Hearthfire. On top of that, all three of them will be half-off on the Playstation Network.

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/01/18/t...dawnguard-too/
Old 2013-01-18, 12:37   Link #3631
sa547
*Author

Looks like they finally got the kinks ironed out for the PS3. Two weeks, am looking forward to it, especially for the new content.

Tomorrow I'm going to release the new version of the pool mod, and then do some fixes for Breezehome. The new MCM looks pretty nifty for which to configure the good mods, and yeah, Frostfall does add much challenge to the game. Finally I figured out a way to install good hot baths, even in places like Windstad.
Old 2013-01-18, 12:40   Link #3632
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My only issue with the late release is that its well into my school year, and with a class like graphic design, that means I'm not touching this game--or any other game, for that matter--until well into May.

And that pisses me off. Was hoping to play Dragonborn at least for a little bit before heading back to school.
Old 2013-01-19, 19:49   Link #3633
sa547
*Author

Did a major improvement to the Ragged Flagon mod: I added a bard and unexpectedly those otherwise business-serious people are very receptive to music!

Am going to upload the new version anytime today.
Old 2013-01-19, 23:24   Link #3634
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Ohga Infinuim'd a fresh character with 78 perks to spare (first two were on Novice Restoration and Regeneration). Anyone want to give me any builds to take for a spin?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 23:25   Link #3635
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So I'm finding myself incredibly disappointed by Skyrim's PC base recently. ._.
Old 2013-01-19, 23:47   Link #3636
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So I'm finding myself incredibly disappointed by Skyrim's PC base recently. ._.
Care to elaborate?
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 23:57   Link #3637
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quite a few people on the official forums are absolutely outraged at the idea of the PS3 Skyrim players getting a discount on Dragonborn while they're not getting a discount on it, completely ignoring or disregarding the fact that PS3 users have been waiting for over half a year for any DLC for Skyrim, and that even with those discounts PS3 users will be paying just a little bit more than PC users to get all the DLC. Dragonborn's 20 bucks for PC users, and all three DLC on their launch week will total to about $22.50.
Old 2013-01-20, 00:26   Link #3638
sa547
*Author

Sounds just like some MMO players who would spam up a forum with whinery about lag, nerfs or updates, always using the stupid "The customer is always right" line, but not reading closely or understanding why they couldn't get this or that.

OBTW, best unusual player home seen today: the UFO in Tamriel.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30295

Last edited by sa547; 2013-01-22 at 08:12.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 17:50   Link #3639
T-6000

With nearly 600 Hours invested in Skyrim, It's safe to say that it's one of the most addicting RPGs I have played in years. With so much to do in the game, and with the game throwing many quests at you at once, I was beginning to have flashbacks of when I first played Baldur's Game 2 (which I was also getting overwhelmed when I played that game for the first time as well). Aside from the annoying bugs and lockup problems, one noticeable problem is that the game stars to get too easy once I approach Level 40. I'm hoping the upcoming DLC Dragonborn (Yeah, I know it's out already on the Xbox 360 but I'm playing this on the PC) provides considerable challenges for higher level players.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 18:31   Link #3640
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I'm hoping the upcoming DLC Dragonborn (Yeah, I know it's out already on the Xbox 360 but I'm playing this on the PC) provides considerable challenges for higher level players.
Don't forget about mods. There are plenty out there that REALLY make the game more difficult. Games been off my PC for a long while now so I don't recall which difficulty-changing mod I used.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim