AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-23, 13:55   Link #21
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Oh.... Well, that's Primula, simple and effective. Like her obentou. Such a sweet girl
Old 2006-03-23, 14:58   Link #22
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

hm well despite me being an Asa fan and all I found the eps from the start of the end of the kaede arc to be rather weak..... the kaede arc just seemed to be building up to more then a calm and chummy talk between rivals -.- oh well. But then again it always seemed to me that Rin has always thought of kaede as more of his family then a potential love interest, but still even though he ended up with Asa I still didnt really like the ending....

As for my favourite confession scene..... hmmmm I'd say probly Sia after her sister took the wheels for the date, I just liked the atmosphere of that scene.

as for Primula.... what about drugging Rin and then rubbing herself on him like a cat?
Old 2006-03-23, 15:01   Link #23
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04

as for Primula.... what about drugging Rin and then rubbing herself on him like a cat?
Eh, that's not a confession, that's a very successful method of seduction
Old 2006-03-23, 15:03   Link #24
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

hey if getting into bed naked is a form of confession I dont see why drugs and kitten rubbing isn't
Old 2006-03-23, 15:06   Link #25
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
hey if getting into bed naked is a form of confession I dont see why drugs and kitten rubbing isn't
Hmm... Ok. I'll name that "seductive confession"
Old 2006-03-24, 03:21   Link #26
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah yes.... the "Nose Nuzzle of the year" scene.... (Rin and Prim in the rain talking to Itsuki)

offtopic to devilen: I kept wondering where that skirt flapping young lady came from .... on a random rec I downloaded Kashimashi thinking "yeah yeah, stupid perv fanservice" ahead.... cripes, was I wrong. Outside of the two "clown characters" (dad and teacher), Kashimashi is one heck of a riveting story for me so far.

on topic - devilen: aye.. sometimes I wonder who taught these writers how to outline or storyboard .... so many of these series loaf along for 20 episodes and then go into full CliffNotes panic at the end, making a mess of a beautiful story. I'm really wondering if the recent "short stories" like Han ~ Tsuki and REC are exercises designed to whomp some tighter writing skills up. I'm betting Navel isn't going to get the message and Soul Link will crash and burn too (puts on Eeyore armband).
Old 2006-03-24, 07:10   Link #27
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
A lot??? Have you actually READ any opposing arguments about that? I have yet to see more than... hm.. what, three Asa fans saying that the transition was weak and Asa's reasoning weaker. Out of 100+ fans, less than 5? How's that a lot?
I'm one of these, right? ^_^

As to the topic at hand - Kaede's confession to Rin was the one that affected me the most. Sia's second, due to the 'stylish' way it was done - but it felt overcontrived. Falling blossoms, the wind in her hair... yes, it looks good, but despite the supernaturalistic settings and characters, realism is to be permitted. Kaede's confession had the potential to be oh-so-much bigger (as I've mentioned before in talking about how the last four episodes should have been done) but was sadly let down by the switch in directors and the rather jilted rhythm that created.

Still the best... but could have been so much more. :/

-Andiyar
Old 2006-03-24, 07:31   Link #28
BrokenWingz

Ooo, i agree Sia's one was like..the perfect setting xD everything that could've made it special was there. Though, that Sia PV was pretty good in showing that scene aswell.

Kaede's confession didnt leave that big an impression on me..maybe it was the setting , gloomy colours (gah, memory not too well). Did they even look each other in the face or a heavy rainpour would be cool.

Rin and Asa confession was alright but still left a bigger impression, to me.
Old 2006-05-18, 03:07   Link #29
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Still havent finished watching the serie, but working on it (VLC x4 speed + subs on screen ftw, waste less time, 6min an episode is always better than 24min) i have reach episode 18 or so, none of the confession have really moved me, Nerine's background was nice but that s all. Sia's confession disappointed me, i mean her background with her dbl personnality aka twin dead sister was like a copy paste of Nerine's background. i have yet to see the green hair girl and the annoying childhood friend's confession. My guess is that the anime will make Rin and green hair girl pair togerther (i really need to pay attention to charact 's names). The flat breast chick is out of competition pretty much as the annoying childhood friend they dont even have an episode of romance with Rin.

Anyway my post was more about my disappointement about Sia's background that appears to be a simple copy paste of Nerine (if Sia's background had been revealed first i would have been disappointed with Nerine's), rather than about my prefered confession.
Old 2006-05-18, 03:19   Link #30
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n
Still havent finished watching the serie, but working on it (VLC x4 speed + subs on screen ftw, waste less time, 6min an episode is always better than 24min) i have reach episode 18 or so, none of the confession have really moved me, Nerine's background was nice but that s all. Sia's confession disappointed me, i mean her background with her dbl personnality aka twin dead sister was like a copy paste of Nerine's background. i have yet to see the green hair girl and the annoying childhood friend's confession. My guess is that the anime will make Rin and green hair girl pair togerther (i really need to pay attention to charact 's names). The flat breast chick is out of competition pretty much as the annoying childhood friend they dont even have an episode of romance with Rin.

Anyway my post was more about my disappointement about Sia's background that appears to be a simple copy paste of Nerine (if Sia's background had been revealed first i would have been disappointed with Nerine's), rather than about my prefered confession.
And how the hell can you judge a series when you fast forward it (x4 speed) without paying any attention? Not to mention, you're missing the mood set by whatever music and VA, plus the pauses and the like. Were you set on disliking the series firsthand or are you just making an impression? I mean, sure it's not the best out there, but fastforwarding a movie or series is like running through the Louvre and then having a say about all the art therein.
Old 2006-05-18, 04:48   Link #31
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
And how the hell can you judge a series when you fast forward it (x4 speed) without paying any attention? Not to mention, you're missing the mood set by whatever music and VA, plus the pauses and the like. Were you set on disliking the series firsthand or are you just making an impression? I mean, sure it's not the best out there, but fastforwarding a movie or series is like running through the Louvre and then having a say about all the art therein.

I perfectly understand your point about the fact that i watch anime in fast forward, well, i dont have much choice because i dont have much time, i only have like 1~2 hour for me every evening to relax or to watch anime . So if i want to watch more than one anime i have to fast forward . When i m saying fastforward FTW i m more trying to self convince that i appreciate the time i saved that way.
Let me reassure you, i do watch the important episodes in x1 speed. The episode 3-7 are kinda useless storywise imo since it s the typical hero + one of the main girl having an episode for each other, or the "oups where is my pantie" episode,those are the episodes i dont mind watching in fast forward because they dont advance the plot. What is more important to me is the story, and i can get it from the subs
And no i dont dislike that serie, otherwise i wouldnt be posting on the forums and even less would have take the time to watch up to ep18. I dont dislike romance anime either kimi ga nozomu ein and shingetsugan tsukihime (sorry typo not sure anymore been such a long time) are still in my top favorite anime.
Also when i say annoying childhood friend, it s not a criticism toward people who like that character, it s just that i dont enjoy hearing rin-kun every 10 Seconds, though i find her cute and i really pity her since i think she is the character that will suffer the more in that anime since Rin is the only one she ever lived for. i also have a problem with character names i dont remember them that well, maybe it s because i have watch too many animes over the years and i get confused

So dont get me wrong i do enjoy the show and i dont enjoy fastforward that much it s more like something i have to deal with.
Reguarding the confession well i wasn t moved yet, maybe the childhood friend's will move me because she ll be hurt a lot more than the other girls.

I m sorry i m not good at defending/debating since i m not from an english speacking country so i m lacking vocabulary, so that s why this post might seem cloudy (forgive my grammar too)

EDIT :

Now i have finish watching the serie, and i can say that my favorite confession is the confession between Kaede and Asa when they both tell to each other that they love the same guy. Ok that is not really a love confession but i loved the way they both sort out their feelings and the relation between the two of them.
On a side note i must present my apologize, i was refering to Kaede as "annoying childhood friend", now seeing her background she turned to my favorite character, the scriptwritters gave her a very good one (though i m still annoyed rin-kun in every sentence she says ). I was really feeling bad for her when she started her depression, the empty cooking pot was a strong scene, doing a simulacre of her normal life tryinh to prentend that things were still OK.

Last edited by D a m i e n; 2006-05-19 at 02:23.
Old 2006-05-19, 13:47   Link #32
Shredder

I don't know about confession, but I thought the end of the amusement park date with Asa was a good moment of romantic tension. Then I guess the follow up with the confession between her and the main guy was the best. The rest of the characters were just side confessions. Kaede is a nutcase.