AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-08-28, 13:48   Link #41
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Currently getting back into some relative oldies as there isn't much new that has piqued my interest.

Heavy Gear 2: Still at the top of the mech-gaming genre in my opinion
Rome: Total War: Incredibly tactical in battles, beautiful game board.
NWN: Still go through occaisional 48-hour binges with that game.
EVE Online: On and off (but mostly off). There's a crap-ton of friendly people online, but being at war since the day I started the game has really taken its toll on me.

Gave up:
WoW: If it isn't your guild bitching, it's someone else bitching about your class. Too much bitching.

And finally, I've finally gotten off my lazy ass and bought a PS2. Now it's simply the fact of waiting for my boot disc to arrive so that I can start on some imports. So...

In the near future:
Guilty Gear Slash: is <3
KOF XI: Played a few minutes on a friend's copy, fast-paced and fun.
Gundam SEED: DX was good, this one's a whole lot better.
Misc. RPGs that I've missed because I was too poor before: eh...enough said?
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 13:57   Link #42
mit7059

Counter-Strike:Source, an improvement on cs 1.6, the only game i've ever played seriously, which I've played for the last 5 years.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 17:47   Link #43
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Still haven't finished any of the games I listed before, but seen as I've got a fancy loud widescreen TV to play it on now I've finally got started on Shadow of the Colossus. Just beaten the fifth now and have to say... wow. It really makes a world of difference playing it with the huge TV and the sound so loud a colossus standing wakes the dog up So far my favourite was definitely the fifth and most evil definitely the fourth (I thought you had to use the horse... damn horse). Still, really, really great game. Now hopefully I'll finish it and not start on something else like I keep doing lately >_>
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 18:34   Link #44
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Hmmm I am playing an assloado f games I can barely keep up but this is my play style i guess.

WoW
Condemed Criminal origins
Half Life 2 and Episode 1
Prey
Far Cry
Oblivion: ELder Scrolls
D.O.N
Brian Lara Cricket

Replaying these 2 games
Legend of Dragoon
Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker (building hype for TP)
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 19:18   Link #45
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
It really makes a world of difference playing it with the huge TV and the sound so loud a colossus standing wakes the dog up
I once tried playing FF2 with a 52 inch TV with a all-over-the-room-ceilling-speaker-system. Funny experience though
Old 2006-08-28, 21:49   Link #46
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
Melty Blood Act Cadenza for bro and me.
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 22:43   Link #47
mit7059

Dead Rising is great on my 53" screen with surround

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 18:50   Link #48
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Just Finish Resident Evil Deadly Silence 2 Times
Beat the Game with Chris with 55 min
And With Jill with 42min01
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 19:19   Link #49
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059
Counter-Strike:Source, an improvement on cs 1.6, the only game i've ever played seriously, which I've played for the last 5 years.
I've played Counter-strike for a long time as well (still 1.6 actually), but my playing time has dwindled ever since the fall term started. Also, there has been a lot good series to watch, and we all know that playing time is inversely related to anime time.
i0td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 04:59   Link #50
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
I always wanted to know if EVE Online is worth playing. My cousin told me to start it, which I might, though I'm not sure yet. So Im playing WoW at the moment.

Back to Vice City on the PS2 and Blitz
________
Yamaha Virago

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:25.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 06:50   Link #51
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

PS2: GGXX/, still sucking badly...
PC: TH075 Immaterial and Missing Power, likewise, still sucking. Pretty sure I'll get massacred the moment I get to fight one of the #iamp regulars.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 10:08   Link #52
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Let's see....

Just finished FF7: Dirge of Cerberus. It was considerably more fun than reviews let on- kind of an FPS-lite (although I found myself playing 3rd person view a lot). More importantly, the plot really felt like an organic, necessary extension of the FF7 world. Many recurring characters and IDEAS return and are given more life. Finally, while the cg scenes are few, the ones towards the end are especially breathtaking.

I've also got a friend obsessed with Twisted Metal Black (it's a great game, but she plays through with one character and just continues on with another), so I've been playing a lot of co-op on that.

Dead Rising and Oblivion are awaiting me as I recently bought a 360...but I already another handful of regular xbox and ps2 games that I haven't even tried yet.

OH....a small random note. It's hard to believe that people are still complaining about the price of the ps3 without complaining about the 360. The 360 didn't come with a network adapter- for many people, that means throwing down another 100 dollars to get the official adapter (the only one known to work at this point). so the price comparison is really xbox 360: 500 to PS3: 600. When you consider that the ps3 has a blu-ray player, the extra 100 is more than justified. I really LIKE my 360 so far- I'm no sony fanboy, but I wish people would stop complaining and haranguing.
Old 2006-08-30, 10:26   Link #53
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru
I once tried playing FF2 with a 52 inch TV with a all-over-the-room-ceilling-speaker-system. Funny experience though
>_> That I have to see some time in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
It's hard to believe that people are still complaining about the price of the ps3 without complaining about the 360
In all honesty most people seem to have forgotten the 360 exists, so I can't say I'm surprised they aren't complaining about it. It's extremely rare I actually hear anyone talking about it even though it's been out for quite a while.

Also, finally beat the 8th colossus on Shadow of the Colossus. Took me the longest so far too >_>
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 10:51   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The only game i'm playing at the moment's Battle Moon Wars: Act 2 - Type-Moon fun at its best. <3

Well, tell a lie.. i'm also playing a few games on the PSP - Tales of Eternia, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, & the ever so fun Puyo Pop Fever.
Old 2006-08-30, 14:57   Link #55
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea_ser
Melty Blood Act Cadenza for bro and me.
I'm currently playing Melty Blood ReAct final tuned on the PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrda
>_> That I have to see some time in my life.
Now I only play my old-skool RPGs like this, my friends think I'm crazy and my brothers don't want to talk to me about it, but it's beautiful *.*
Old 2006-08-30, 17:01   Link #56
arias

ICO

T__T
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 19:35   Link #57
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Just began working on Painkiller for the Xbox.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 20:45   Link #58
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Send a message via AIM to WolfCoder Send a message via MSN to WolfCoder Send a message via Yahoo to WolfCoder
I'm waiting for the StarFox Command game to come in the mail, when it does, that will be the game I will play. At the moment, i'm not really playing anything in particular. Mostly just kaillera online versions of Super Smash Bros (N64).
WolfCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 03:45   Link #59
SpecterVR
Calming Everyday Life

Finally got Xenosaga Episode III. I got quite a few games, I'm playing through the Sonic Mega Collection + (nostalgia~!), Shadow of the Colossus, Beyond Good and Evil, Hoshigami, and Killer 7 now, with a long list to go. XD
After I finish Hoshigami and XS3, I plan on going on with Shadow Hearts!

*now playing <_<*
SpecterVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 09:33   Link #60
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecterVR
I plan on going on with Shadow Hearts!
Which one? I loved SH: Covenant (and liked the original), but there was just something missing from SH: The New World (worst RPG protagonist....ever).