AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 14:55   Link #701
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yep, there are not light ruins. Babel is fueled by the five basic elements (it was seen during its activation in episode 10). Light and Darkness are not included, probably because they are so special.
Old 2012-08-11, 03:24   Link #702
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Old 2012-08-11, 20:20   Link #703
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 19:
Old 2012-08-11, 22:56   Link #704
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Spoiler for 19:
Ep19, imo pretty much implies that we'll be getting...

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 00:46   Link #705
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Wait, so was Shiryu the Libra saint but just that this Genbu guy freaking stole his cloth?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 01:04   Link #706
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Wait, so was Shiryu the Libra saint but just that this Genbu guy freaking stole his cloth?
Will need to rewatch it a 2nd time, but if I'm not mistaken...

Spoiler:

Though at this rate, given that Shiryu also got himself...

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-08-12, 06:38   Link #707
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
So there was a small misunderstanding...Nobuyuki Hiyama is voicing the supposed Libra Saint and not Shiryu, who didn't really say anything.

Btw...what's with the new character and his design? He looks so much like Hyoga. Couldn't they have used a different color for his eye or hair at least?

Last edited by Goty; 2012-08-12 at 07:21.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 07:30   Link #708
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Shiryu was only protecting the cloth so that it wouldn't fall into evil hands. As seen in episode 12, he was still the Dragon saint at the time of the war against Mars, during which he caught cosmos aids. After that, he couldn't be a saint anymore so no promotion to Gold for him.

Good to see more Gold saints being introduced. This raises my hope of seeing a female Gold saint in this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
So there was a small misunderstanding...Nobuyuki Hiyama is voicing the supposed Libra Saint and not Shiryu, who didn't really say anything.
Junko Minagawa wasn't voicing Shunrei either (that would have been a very odd choice). I wonder if that means she'll be voicing another character?
Old 2012-08-12, 21:07   Link #709
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Shiryu was only protecting the cloth so that it wouldn't fall into evil hands. As seen in episode 12, he was still the Dragon saint at the time of the war against Mars, during which he caught cosmos aids. After that, he couldn't be a saint anymore so no promotion to Gold for him.

Good to see more Gold saints being introduced. This raises my hope of seeing a female Gold saint in this series.
But they're all on Mars's side so far. If not, then they have Cosmo AIDS and they can't help that much. Those Bronze Saints need a serious power up.
Old 2012-08-13, 00:52   Link #710
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Anyone noticed that the Dragon Shield is still broken? I wonder if it would become a plot point later on.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 01:24   Link #711
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
^Yeah, that gives me hope that Kiki will come back to play a bigger role in the future, perhaps as the Aries Saint.

Anyway, this episode was pretty good, as expected from the episodes featuring references to past characters and events. Looks like the series is returning to its best after a slow month.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 07:04   Link #712
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But they're all on Mars's side so far. If not, then they have Cosmo AIDS and they can't help that much. Those Bronze Saints need a serious power up.
That's what the trinket they received after destroying each ruins are for. Not sure which form this power-up will take though. Will it transform their cloths or give them a cosmos boost? Both?
Old 2012-08-13, 08:45   Link #713
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's what the trinket they received after destroying each ruins are for. Not sure which form this power-up will take though. Will it transform their cloths or give them a cosmos boost? Both?
God cloth, enough said.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 08:52   Link #714
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
God cloth, enough said.
If they need God Cloths to beat Gold Saints, the new generation would be truly shameful.

Old 2012-08-17, 11:21   Link #715
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Looks like we're pretty much done with this Element Shrine/Silver Saint of the week arc. It's good growth for each of the characters, but it's time to get back to the matter at hand now.

Why do I get this feeling that Sonia is ultimately going to end up on the good guys side somehow by the end of all this. I don't get the same sort of outright malice from her as I do with Eden and Mars and she seems more cunning and calculating compared to their general brutality and nowhere near as strong so as to serve as to effectively serve as a major antagonist character in the long run. Might just be totally wrong though, I mean she did appear to kill Souma's father which would have to be dealt with first before they could even think of doing such a thing.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 17:24   Link #716
Doria

That's an interesting idea. But I still think it's much more likely that we'll eventually get Eden quasi-joining the protagonists than Sonia. I do agree with your assessment of her character, though, which is why I like her as an antagonist better than Mars, at this point.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 20:09   Link #717
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Why do I get this feeling that Sonia is ultimately going to end up on the good guys side somehow by the end of all this.
I have the same suspicion. That's why I wrote this about Sonia & Soma few pages back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Either that, or those two reach understanding and become lovey-dovey .
Let's hope that my guess won't come true and we get a decent demented female antagonist.
Old 2012-08-17, 21:53   Link #718
queenSwild

I don't think she's completely demented. Didn't she say something along the lines of, "Just bare with it until you get stronger." to Eden? Possibly implying that when he does get stronger, he can leave Mars and follow his own path? That doesn't sound like someone who's completely dedicated to Mars if you ask me, it sounds like someone who cares for the well being of her brother.

Although I don't think that she'll just drop everything and join the good side, I do feel that she has some sort of hidden agenda of her own.

Anyway, I found some more confirmed spoilers/news for future episodes of SS Omega. It's just a repeat of previous spoilers with some extra things...

Spoiler:
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 16:54   Link #719
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 20:
Old 2012-08-18, 17:06   Link #720
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The animation was bloody awesome as expected of Umakoshi. This is what I've been waiting for all these weeks. The animation of next week's episode doesn't look too bad either, and it looks like we'll get to see

Spoiler for 21:

Tags
action, shounen