AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-03, 19:21   Link #661
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Lol, talking about sense. The show doesn't make any sense. You could say that the only reasonable character in the show is the MC.

You know, i would consider sueing the teacher who dares to beat me, just a tiny small idea.
And what's about him screwing around with his assignments when he is just writing what he thinks that makes sense to him?

The teacher should rethink about the quality of her assignments if the MC ranks 3rd at language related stuff but somehow "mysteriously" is about to fail her course because she doesn't like what he writes.

Well making a bridge to RL, there are such assignments at school too. And naturally girls score better on average at such subjective things.

It's a problem when he writes an essay on society in biology.

Come on, you can't be serious.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:22   Link #662
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
And yet he is ranked 3rd at school.

Glad the MC hasn't adapted so far as in writing the stuff others are expecting to read and not getting butthurt about it.
1, why is my name in your quote when it's Shadow5YA that said that.

2, It doesn't matter what ranked he is.... In fact, I don't even recall where this was stated

3, Stop being a fanboy and maybe try to get some unbiased perspective of the scenario and the characters involved.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:23   Link #663
Trogdolyte

what i like about this anime is the main character. so much more refreshing to see than the usual stock of main characters. that being said, i hope he does not end up with yui OR that annoying yukino. i don't know if this show is based on a novel, but i have my fingers crossed that when (or if since he's very cynical) he finally becomes an item with a girl, it is someone much different than those two characters i listed. I will pray for your success saika!
Trogdolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:24   Link #664
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
So what if he ranked 3rd?

For example:
He's good at math.
He's good at science.
He's good at history.
He thinks that in the future he should not need to work and should only try to leech off public's money. Whee! He's ranked third but his way of thinking might cause issues.
So what?
Doesn't make his teacher's threat of him failing because he writes stuff that isn't normal any less illegal (though he should point out that he is the only somewhat normal one in the show).
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:26   Link #665
Enternal

Quote:
So what?
Doesn't make his teacher's threat of him failing because he writes stuff that isn't normal any less illegal (though he should point out that he is the only somewhat normal one in the show).
So the teacher should not be concerned with their own students? Isn't the role of the teacher is not only to teach but to guide their students?

Now tell me "So what?" does ranking 3rd having to do with anything?
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:27   Link #666
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
So what?
It's a common practice to fail a student on an assignment when what they've written doesn't actually meet the topic, or in this case even pertain to the same course.

Sumeragi mentioned the fact that many of you have almost certainly not attended a Japanese school, but comments like these are making me question if a couple of you actually paid attention to how schools work in general.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:28   Link #667
Shadow5YA

Quote:
So what?
You're missing the point.

It's not that it's abnormal. The problem is that the essays are off-topic.

If a teacher asks you to write a report on apples and you write about how you hate oranges, you can't honestly expect to get credit.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:30   Link #668
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
It's a common practice to fail a student on an assignment when what they've written doesn't actually meet the topic, or in this case even pertain to the same course.

Sumeragi mentioned the fact that many of you have almost certainly not attended a Japanese school, but comments like these are making me question if a couple of you actually paid attention to how schools work in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You're missing the point.

It's not that it's abnormal. The problem is that the essays are off-topic.

If a teacher asks you to write a report on apples and you write about how you hate oranges, you can't honestly expect to get credit.
Exactly.
"Requirements to Pass English Writing"
1. Final Essay on Evolution of Chickens

The student wrote a final essay on the Vocaloids. Are you telling me the student should pass the class?
Old 2013-05-03, 19:32   Link #669
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

He keeps pointing out that Hachiman is the only 'normal' one; sounds more like he's the only one he can relate and therefore don't even bother with other characters.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:33   Link #670
Enternal

Quote:
My god...

He wasn't in English Writing class!
No. That was an example. Sorry if I wan't clear. I meant to use it to show my point is that if he does not do what the class required, how is expected to pass? Although you should have noticed it when I said "The student wrote a final essay on the Vocaloids" haha.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:34   Link #671
Shadow5YA

Yeah... my apologies. I misread that one.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:35   Link #672
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post

Well, glad i haven't lived through a shitty school system, though the MC could handle it with more cleverness and just write stuff he doesn't mean , to satisfy the teacher.
Once he established himself as a writer, he can write whatever he feels like to.

But it's a general problem with such subjective courses. It really does depend on your standing with the teacher whether you get a good grade or not.
And naturally the girls are given preferential treatment.

So if this series is pointing out this issue i am okay with it.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:35   Link #673
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Isn't the role of the teacher is not only to teach but to guide their students?
Yup. And if guiding don't work, beat them to a bloody pulp!
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:36   Link #674
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Well, glad i haven't lived through a shitty school system, though the MC could handle it with more cleverness and just write stuff he doesn't mean , to satisfy the teacher.
Once he established himself as a writer, he can write whatever he feels like to.

But it's a general problem with such subjective courses. It really does depend on your standing with the teacher whether you get a good grade or not.
And naturally the girls are given preferential treatment.

So if this series is pointing out this issue i am okay with it.
He wasn't in a subjective/liberal arts course! He was in biology... you know, a science class?

I don't think the school being shitty is the problem here.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:38   Link #675
Battler-kun

I think it is funny, don't you think so, that he ranks 3rd, so that means he isn't missing the topic, but he is when the teacher is giving the assignment?

Maybe you should start to think that the teacher is the problem, which it is actually.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:38   Link #676
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Battler is clearly delusional or has somehow seen an alternative reality version of this series.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:40   Link #677
Traece
:cool:

If we want to get deeper into the psyche of the character, Hachiman is far from normal. I suspect that Hachiman is mainly influenced by social and societal paranoia, which explains his anti-social behavior and his skeptical outlook on many things. I'm not surprised that people relate to him at all, because it's not horribly uncommon.

Even so, I've never felt that Hachiman was as in need of help as Yukinon. Originally I felt that the club, and his involvement in it by the teacher, was intended to help him less than it was intended for her benefit. In the very beginning that seemed to be clear, but Yukinon has really been placed in the background at the moment with Yuigahara instead getting more of an emphasis. The reformation of the Hachiman is certainly desired as an outcome as well, but his situation seems far less dangerous compared to Yukinon.

Edit: I read what Battler said, and did this "all of my what" thing and then kind of gave up on that topic.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:41   Link #678
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I think it is funny, don't you think so, that he ranks 3rd, so that means he isn't missing the topic, but he is when the teacher is giving the assignment?

Maybe you should start to think that the teacher is the problem, which it is actually.
What?!

What does rank (if it's even true) have anything to do with the assignment?
Old 2013-05-03, 19:43   Link #679
Battler-kun

Quote:
He wasn't in a subjective/liberal arts course! He was in biology... you know, a science class?

I don't think the school being shitty is the problem here.
Wait a minute, did i miss something?

So he is not failing at the assignments given by his beating language teacher regarding literature, but his science teacher?

Guess i mixed it up.

Well, if he is failing at the science courses, that's really his problem for not giving answers that are out of science books.

He does want to go to college after all, so i fail to see how he isn't concerned about this.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:44   Link #680
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Now it makes sense. The cookies Yui was trying to make in episode one was for Hikki after all.

And stupid Hikki. Lets his trauma blind him, as Yui's interactions with him is less about her being 'unviersally kind' and more 'hero worshipping' from the looks of it. I bet Yui wouldn't even give him the time of day otherwise.

I'm surprised though that they got Hayato to help them. It's not as if he owes them, like otaku guy or trap guy. Now THAT is 'universally kind'.

Love the girls in the dresses, and that meido outfit suits Yukinon. Shame Yui's meido wasn't all that alluring, despite having the bigger bust of the two.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romantic comedy, school life, shounen