AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-29, 01:59   Link #1121
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Let's not forget that this anime was announced around 15 months ago (that is 15 chapter ago), so the studio probably worked side by side with the mangaka to get the series to a natural ending point (unlike other series that create a middle boss just for the anime, I am looking at you Yumekui Merry and Noragami).Whether we get to see answers to our questions is anybodies guess, Naruto is past chapter 666 and it seems that story is only at the middle point O_O
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 02:01   Link #1122
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by icbm View Post
As it is, the conclusion to the show is basically begging viewers to read the manga. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I usually dislike when that happens but I can't really complain, I'm content with this adaptation.
This is how I feel as well. I posted it just above but why adapt so soon?

I hate waiting for an entire month for another chapter to come out. What's so bad is that for a while it was two months between chapters. That's only six chapters a year, leading to development taking forever.

I want to know more about what's going on and I want to see Honoka and Ayaka develop, minor characters get time, etc.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 08:29   Link #1123
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Let's not forget that this anime was announced around 15 months ago (that is 15 chapter ago), so the studio probably worked side by side with the mangaka to get the series to a natural ending point (unlike other series that create a middle boss just for the anime, I am looking at you Yumekui Merry and Noragami).Whether we get to see answers to our questions is anybodies guess, Naruto is past chapter 666 and it seems that story is only at the middle point O_O
The "middle boss" in Noragami was written in by the author himself, so...
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 10:35   Link #1124
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
The "middle boss" in Noragami was written in by the author himself, ..
... which does not change that fact that everytime they pull that stunt it feels forced because they basically are making the author rewrite the story and insert a character as a villian. I remember reading Issac Asimov saying he rewrote a story once in his life and it was something he was not fond of as an author and swore never to do it again because the results were awful to say the least.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 18:58   Link #1125
Razdent

Anyone else that was wondering about the OST release date, it comes out May 21. Already put my pre-order in!
Razdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 23:22   Link #1126
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...h-manga-volume

We gotta wait longer for the OVA episode. Apparently there were "production issues" and the episode will be released with the eighth volume of the manga, the date of which will be revealed in the next issue of Monthly good!Afternoon, the magazine's website and the editor's Twitter.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 06:15   Link #1127
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Sucks for those anxiously waiting for it, I guess.

I didn't really care much about the show in the end, so the delay doesn't bother me.
Old 2014-05-18, 14:16   Link #1128
Pat123

Well, I watched the entire series and can say it is a lot of fun. In a weird way, it seems to be a comic version of Fate Stay Night, especially about the relationship between Honoka and Ayaka.

There were lots of characters, mostly witches, but the most interesting to me, aside from the main characters, were Chronoire Schwarz VI and the rabbit soldiers. The White Princess was interesting, too, in that she is powerful enough to do whatever the heck she wants to, yet puts up with pesky questions from the supporting staff.

I don't know about a second season. It would be hard to top what happened in this one, but if it involves the rabbits and Chronoire, I will definitely check it out.
Pat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 18:24   Link #1129
Draco Spirit

So just watched this... likely going to be a while till session 2?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 09:28   Link #1130
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-02 at 08:06.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 11:37   Link #1131
Frontier

Some really great Witchcraft Works scans, though I think the last two are definitely the best .
Old 2014-12-11, 21:34   Link #1132
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Finished.
Beautiful OP (and nice OST in general), gorgeous aesthetics (at least on BD), nice CG and choreography for the fights (even if it's obviously low budget).

Story is garbage and characters are meh (some are very compelling, some are not, but in general their behavior makes zero sense).

12 episodes of continuous meh (and annoyance every time the MC open his mouth).

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 06:43   Link #1133
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I'm baffled by the response here given how much fun I had marathoning this series. Extraordinary production values, brilliant art direction, pitch-perfect comedy, exciting and fluid battle scenes, and all the characters who seem to be having so much fun just being around doing their witch things.

Even the ending arc is great, with twists enough to justify Weekend's characterization as a plotter. Lesser series would have given their "genius plotter" characters every coincidence they need on a plate.

Frankly I find it nearly impossible to find any complaints about this. I guess you could maybe complain if you really hate the weak male lead -- though Takamiya seems frankly well put together and grows significantly throughout the series -- or if you somehow take everything super seriously and end up wondering why Chronoire and Medusa are kind of fun to chill with for being evil witch villains.

Tastes, I guess. :/
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 02:24   Link #1134
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm actually in the same boat as you. I found this story brilliantly fun with great characters and a plot that never let up (alongside a heavily underappreciated soundtrack). It got a little confusing at the end but I can't think of anything else to complain about. I just didn't have much to say so I never really took part in any discussions.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 22:02   Link #1135
Pat123

Same here. The humor is definitely a strong point. What I especially liked was the combination of lies and misinformation. Nobody seemed to have all the facts and it was often difficult to tell what was real and what was people's imagination going wild. Pretty much like real life. XD

I also saw the OVA. It is hilarious and over the top, though it does remind the viewer that most of the main characters are, after all, just kids. Especially the younger sister.
Pat123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, witches