Spoiler:
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 19:36   Link #102
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulet
ah ep3 is a really good episode! I definitely liked this ep the best so far. A lot things happened and it'll only get better!
Spoiler:

as for the links that someone had asked for, I have the following:
official site
fanart
more fanart
there seems to be a lot of NatsumiXMikan pairings, but the art is great.
google english results
for most of the Japanese sites you find on google, hit translate page to browse through sections.
If anyone has any screenshots of the show, please share!
Thanks for the page ^-^ I really think that Natsume and Mikan would be cute together ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 21:15   Link #103
Malek

My hypothesis is that she has to be physically close to the user to nullify the power. That is why it nullified the fire guys power and the teacher's power but not the the one who lifter her in the air.
Malek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 23:45   Link #104
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:58   Link #105
Access

Is it just me or do a lot of the people in the show suffer from mental disorders? After watching ep. 1 I thought her friend was getting taken away and sent to a 'special' school for autistic kids or just 'special' kids with 'special' needs (ie. mental retardation, personality disorder, schizophrenia, etc.) So far I can think of one person at the school that is normal... the 'nice' guy who befriends her, that's it. Even the main character is out there.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 22:51   Link #106
chucky
Always impatient

Yeah... i saw mikan wearing a Joy Division T-shirt and sing
"love will tear us apart" with hotaru

"Oh love... love will tear us apart again... lala love, love will tear us apart, again."
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 00:30   Link #107
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access
So far I can think of one person at the school that is normal... the 'nice' guy who befriends her, that's it. Even the main character is out there.
Eh. What nice guy? The only guys who is friendly to her is the teachers and the linchou but the linchou is a girl.
Old 2004-12-14, 02:38   Link #108
Korb
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Eh. What nice guy? The only guys who is friendly to her is the teachers and the linchou but the linchou is a girl.
Then why is she wearing a boy's uniform? I admit the voice makes you think it's a girl, but he's got a boy's uniform. A cross-dressing alice perhaps? :P
Korb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 02:44   Link #109
Budweineken
Crap

humm yeah i always thought he was a boy... unless manga readers can prove me otherwise, i will still call him a boy
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 02:51   Link #110
Rotweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Iinchou is a boy. His name is Tobita Yuu. Yes, he got female VA but in anime that means jack since many female VA often voices scaredy boys and Iincho is one of those boys in this case.
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 03:02   Link #111
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotweiler
Iinchou is a boy. His name is Tobita Yuu. Yes, he got female VA but in anime that means jack since many female VA often voices scaredy boys and Iincho is one of those boys in this case.
I am well aware that they somtimes use female Voice actors for male characters in anime.

Sadly my observation and memory skills aren't up to par. I thought the Iinchou was wearing a girls uniform, the boys and girls uniform look almost identical from the top.
Old 2004-12-14, 03:04   Link #112
hatori
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin
So what exactly is the theme of this show. So far all I see is a bunch of asshole kids who think they are something special just because they have "powers" and pick on some clueless girl whose "girlfriend" is such a blank slate, I wonder why anyone would be attracted to her.

Right now it seem all very cliche - hate all the brats by making them into hellions, then they either get their asses kicked in the end or end up turning sides and becoming her "friend".
I've read up to volume 5 of the manga and although I haven't really grasped the theme of this series, not all the kids are assholes. Some of them don't want to be there in the first place so they rebel by causing trouble eg. Natsume. It might seem cliched and similar to Kodocha but it's only at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillion
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

About Natume & Mikan...

Spoiler:

Last edited by hatori; 2004-12-14 at 13:21. Reason: oops...
hatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 09:12   Link #113
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotweiler
Hrm, I kept thinking it was a girl too somehow.
Mostly they only show the upper half of the seifuku, and that part looks the same.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 10:06   Link #114
s'my
watashi wa chiisaikeredo

Cross-dressing alice : probably not quite the talent the Japanese government's looking for But I do agree that the school uniforms are rather gender confusing, and I find myself looking for the part in the bottom half more often than I would like!
Spoiler for speculation on Mikan and Natsume:
s'my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 19:12   Link #115
Azulet

Smile natsume wall-calendar

So I was bored and decided to make a wallpaper/calendar. Yea I know it's already halfway through Dec but I'm probably going to use a different person for January. Maybe Mikan. I got the picture source from a fanart site. http://mimikaki.moo.jp/mimikaki/top.html

I uploaded two versions, one gif, one jpeg. it's not really a spoiler, I just use the tags to save space. Enjoy!
Spoiler:
Azulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 23:58   Link #116
Srin Tuar
無謀

I'm pretty addicted to this show, Ive got to get more episodes somehow.
They are already up to episode 7

None of the usual suspects have the raws...
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 05:02   Link #117
^danshi^
running bear

Hongfire has.
^danshi^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 23:44   Link #118
wao
OK.

It seems dragonvoice and shoujomagic have scanlated volume 1 of Gakuen Alice and you can get it on #shoujomagic at irc.irctoo.net . It's not licensed sothis isn't against the rules, right...

I'm enjoying the anime so far because even if it seems kiddy and whatnot, it's been ages since I"ve read/watched a story like this so I'm happily enjoying it... I am really a sucker for "school for people with special powers" stories
Old 2004-12-19, 20:23   Link #119
kobun

Weirdest scene i have ever seen..
from ep8
Spoiler:
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 22:16   Link #120
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Don't judge from just a screenshot seen elsewhere. Episode 8, which followed the manga to a decent degree is one of the more sad/dark episodes in the series
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
child abuse, comedy, fantasy, shojo