Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-12-08, 18:32   Link #2841
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
@Blotty: Thanks!

---

I know that some people will hate me for saying that, but apparently there is a rumor that Sunrise has some plan about Code Geass. A sequel? I don't know.

It's from a new issue of a japanese mag "apparently".

I don't know if it's true, so don't kill me and don't neg rep me <_<. I will write it again. I don't know if it's true, so consider that statement a Rumor for now. I don't have any scans.

also:

- There is a kallenXLelouch artwork in the new Newtype.
- There are some C.C.XLelouch artworks in some others mags.

And surely, more new infos, and scans which can prove them will be spread soon.
If there is a sequel I pray that it stars Kallen, Nunnaly, and Suzaku and doesn't have Lelouch and C.C in it. Okouchi has stated that Kallen, Nunnaly, and Suzaku are the protectors of the peace, and I would hate to see them reduced to incompetent morons who can't handle Zero Requiem so Lelouch has to show up to wipe their asses.

I just have this dread feeling that where going to get Code Geass Destiny where the rest of the cast is portrayed as incompetent morons so Lelouch and C.C can become Mary Sues and just save the day.

Suzaku: Oh no we where not able to handle Zero Requiem and Britannia has become evil again
Suzaku sees a new version of the Gawain
Lelouch: Never fear me and C.C are here!

Or worse Code Geass Zwei, where an entire episode is dedicated to getting the female cast naked.

Kallen: oh no Cecile has gotten drunk and is stripping people.

But who am I kidding, their will be a sequel and Lelouch will be in it probably by the end of the first episode after that mongrel idiot Suzaku screws everything up. Lelouch will stu it up just because that's what everyone wants, and Taniguchi and Okouchi will bow down to the demands of the fans simply because Art is dead.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 18:58   Link #2842
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
I think this rumor is just a left over from when the series ended. All the "Lelouch is still alive" arguements and fanbased hopes. It's highly unlikely that this is a new seed of rumors.

But if Code Geass were to continue, I have a feeling that my respect for it will decrease. Later part of R2 certainly did that for me. Don't get me wrong, this series is my favorite, but extending it will just render it incapable to meet the standards everyone expects from it. 50 episodes is a good place to stop. When an anime gets too long, then, from a certain point, you basically just try to get through it instead of enjoying it.

Btw, I posted this on the music thread too. LJ posted something about Rolo's monologue CD that supposedly comes from the Complete Best. Though I find this highly unlikely, there's even a text of it posted and everything. Does anyone have any info on this? Whether it's official or not, or anything about it?

I had a fourth topic in mind but forgot about it.... will post later again.....
Old 2008-12-08, 19:06   Link #2843
shinigami99

@Narona:
Did they specify if they were continuing the series or making a new series altogether?
I for one will definitely want to see a new series with an entirely different cast. I believe that due to the immense fanbase, Sunrise will not allow the popularity of the Code Geass franchise to simmer away with time.
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 19:13   Link #2844
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
@Narona:
Did they specify if they were continuing the series or making a new series altogether?
I for one will definitely want to see a new series with an entirely different cast. I believe that due to the immense fanbase, Sunrise will not allow the popularity of the Code Geass franchise to simmer away with time.
I don't have any clue. That's why I said that I don't know if it would be a sequel, a prequel, or something else.

I don't want to be crucified by angry fans XD so again, I really don't know what Sunrise's plans could be for code geass.

Anyways, I thought it would be fun to talk about it since the forum is kinda dead.

The scans will be spread on internet soon, if it's not already the case in the japanese or chinese community.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 19:14   Link #2845
lovecakecookies

wait a minute.. who is making this new sequel..

sunrise?
or the writers?

I heard the the original makers could never get back together if code geass started again.. something like that..while i am not surprised about a spin off..I am worried who will be making this.. if its not the original writers... then I think we might see Lulu come back from the dead!!!
Old 2008-12-08, 19:17   Link #2846
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
wait a minute.. who is making this new sequel..

sunrise?
or the writers?

I heard the the original makers could never get back together if code geass started again.. something like that..while i am not surprised about a spin off..I am worried who will be making this.. if its not the original writers... then I think we might see Lulu come back from the dead!!!
Never heard of it? What was the source?
Old 2008-12-08, 19:18   Link #2847
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Personally, I have no trouble w/ a new series or Lelouch being alive so long as they don't muck it up. I think it's bull that Lelouch wouldn't have been able to see that almost immediately there would be problems; a common hatred for one guy simply wouldn't keep people united for terribly long. Someone as smart as him would have seen it coming and known that it's his responsibility to protect the peace that he sacrificed so much for.

But hey, it's just a rumor anyway, so I'm not going to get worked up about it. If it happens, I'll wait to actually see what they do w/ it BEFORE I start bad mouthing it.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-12-08, 19:22   Link #2848
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Personally, I have no trouble w/ a new series or Lelouch being alive so long as they don't muck it up. I think it's bull that Lelouch wouldn't have been able to see that almost immediately there would be problems;
Yeah, in b4 he turns into Suzaku-S1-martyr-mode.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 19:26   Link #2849
lovecakecookies

Quote:
I heard something like that somewhere ... maybe it was from the writer interview?
like he said something how they all could never get together again for the project?

or maybe I got confused/misread somewhere.. sorry I could be wrong..
Old 2008-12-08, 19:32   Link #2850
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Something along those lines was posted here before
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 19:33   Link #2851
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I heard something like that somewhere ... maybe it was from the writer interview?
like he said something how they all could never get together again for the project?

or maybe I got confused/misread somewhere.. sorry I could be wrong..
Don't worry , I just asked because I never heard of it (since I am kinda busy I missed some infos from the last two months).
Old 2008-12-08, 19:36   Link #2852
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Don't worry , I just asked because I never heard of it (since I am kinda busy I missed some infos from the last two months).

I am sure I heard it somewhere..I can ask Blotty if you want...shes so generous.. meh in any case.... I think everyone saw a spin off/sequel coming....

now the question is

will Lulu be in it??? place bets now people!!

I for one, don't think so...unless its a new team of writers..
Old 2008-12-09, 21:17   Link #2853
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
now the question is

will Lulu be in it??? place bets now people!!

I for one, don't think so...unless its a new team of writers..
My bet is "no" if it's a sequel.

But Lelouch could appear in a prequel (as a child). And also in case if they decide to do a remake of R2. After all, a remake of FMA is in the work. Not the same studio, but it proves, I think, that a remake is also a possibility.
Old 2008-12-09, 21:35   Link #2854
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If the series is post-R2, I think Lelouch would only appear in it in a flashback, or possibly even a hallucination, which would be interesting.
Old 2008-12-09, 21:56   Link #2855
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If the series is post-R2, I think Lelouch would only appear in it in a flashback, or possibly even a hallucination, which would be interesting.
It's a possibility I guess. Since it was stated that now Lelouch will live forever in c.c.'s heart (something like that ?_? Don't hit me, I am not sure if that's the right quote XD )
Old 2008-12-09, 22:03   Link #2856
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
It's a possibility I guess. Since it was stated that now Lelouch will live forever in c.c.'s heart (something like that ?_? Don't hit me, I am not sure if that's the right quote XD )

Literally or metaphorically? XD
Well, i guess that Lulu will live on everyone's heart, those that loved him and knew him at least. // though i guess there is a reason about only C.C being mentioned, if there was that exact quote you said. {see? not biased here and i definitely won't kick you, rar}

If there is new CG footage, no way Lulu won't make an appearance. The guy is like CG by himself. Be it a flashback or something, he will definitely be there.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 08:57   Link #2857
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Maybe they'll make Rai an official canon-friendly character. Nonnette made it, after all.
If there is a sequel, I would love it if Rai is featured. He could be even better than Xingke (as clever as Lelouch, as strong as Suzaku) and he is healthy . His Geass is a bonus. Nunnally felt his presence similar to her brother. I read somewhere that Rai is able to understand one's motivation and intention very quickly. I think Rai is a character with potential to be developed. He could protect the world with Zero together with everyone's support.

Ashford must be still around. Most likely poor Rivalz, is he the official next-to-be president of the student council?

I wouldn't want Lelouch to somehow survives physically. Perhaps, in the stream of consciousness, he is alive in the World of C but without any physical form. Rai can talk to Lelouch.

Ok, I better stop before I go out of point.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 09:17   Link #2858
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

Literally or metaphorically? XD
Well, i guess that Lulu will live on everyone's heart, those that loved him and knew him at least. // though i guess there is a reason about only C.C being mentioned, if there was that exact quote you said. {see? not biased here and i definitely won't kick you, rar}

If there is new CG footage, no way Lulu won't make an appearance. The guy is like CG by himself. Be it a flashback or something, he will definitely be there.
If I remember well it was in CC's profile on the official site, so, that's the reason
It was something like "CC's memories with Lelouch will stay in her heart" before the next part talking about her going to see the new world.

I'd be totally in favor of a next Geass serie but with a new cast. Now I don't think it's really possible cause Lelouch was a big part of this serie success; Now they can still bring him back and screw Okouchi's script but well, it will not be the better move imo -_-''

And a new serie seems difficult; The world is now in peace, it would be meaningless to make some new shit and to destroy everything Lelouch created; But a sort of sequel with C.C. seems really possible; Seriously, her BG was rushed and though she is now ready to enjoy her life, she is still immortal and she didn't get the closure others get (In a way she did but finally her stories is unfinished).

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 09:25   Link #2859
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
He could show up in the world of C as well. Keeps everyone happy, he's still dead, but shows up at the same time.

Maybe if their was a sequel he could act as an Obi-wan to the next revolutionary leader, just don't want to think about the sort of advice he'd be handing out.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 09:40   Link #2860
eaglei3

If it is a sequel, it is hard to say... I mean, I look at Sunrise as a company, and then look at Lelouch being #1 on top of the character popularity charts, and it is way too hard for me to believe that Sunrise would ignore that... Cause I mean they definitely have not held back in the past of saying 'screw what happened, where bringing this guy back' for more $$$. I would say this would atleast guarantee him showing up in someway, be it in the World of C or Obi-Wan like as the previous poster mentioned.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote