AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-22, 08:55   Link #321
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... reading a few of the blogs, why is Rina underfire? Considering how 'behind the scenes' Eiji and Yuki's Manager (whose name I can never seem to remember) acts, this looks to be up their alley. While it's still true Rina might be behind everything, I'm way more suspicious of the cloak and dagger affairs of Eiji and his gang, and until proven wrong, I'll stick with it.

Specifically speaking in this episode, after Eiji had his tuff with the 'guardian' of the bully girls, he said it isn't gonna work for Yuki because her eyes are 'all over the place' (aka. Touya, since that's the only person she's been staring down for the entirity of Rina's show). Yuki's manager mentions something about her (singing) lessons also, Eiji asks what she'd like to do about it, and she replies to leave it to her.

Cut to the next scene, where someone in the colors of Yuki's managers attire overhears about Touya/Yuki date on saturday, and what do you know? A 'job' suddenly appears for Yuki on the very same day, with her manager keeping tabs on her with her phonecall towards Touya. Connection, much?

Not to mention I have a stinking feeling that Eiji noticed his sister's looks towards Touya, not to mention her slap in which she put more strength to it than she planned to, and thus Eiji might be secretly trying to hook these two up together. Can't for the life of me think of any other reason right now for Eiji dismissing Touya as a manager AND then asking him and Rina talk about it together in the cafe later on. It was him who fired him... shouldn't it have been him and Touya who needs a chat, not Rina and Touya?

As for Yuki... wtf? Touya and her met in high school? The ED certainly fooled me lol, since I assumed it was Touya who was the boy. Now I wonder, who the heck is the unknown boy she met when she was young... I'd laugh it was actually Eiji. XD
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 09:25   Link #322
Thingle
Banned

ANyone else Touya's firing was Rina's ploy after all?
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 10:20   Link #323
Mentar
Banned

I don't think that it was Rina.

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 14:41   Link #324
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch ep 3 :

Lol i thought Rina wil stole Touya but instead she manage to let him to get closer with Yuki but because of the secretary Touya got fired !Some good Touya x Yuki moments !
But even thought he got a harem or what , he will still love Yuki .(i think )
Wtf with his dad ? and in the end .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 14:58   Link #325
Julius Firefocht

NK-DS review of White Album ep3 is up.

Link: http://nk-ds.org/2009/01/white-album-ep3-review/
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 18:50   Link #326
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that episode took a good couple minutes of thinking afterwards to digest fully. but I'd say probably because of that I enjoyed it alot more then the previous two easily.

Some things are still quite ambiguous, but then its only the third episode so it'd be a rather boring show if everything was completely spelled out already.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 19:57   Link #327
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i couldn't help but get a negative vibe from Rina this ep. by hiring him as her manager, yes he'll be able to see Yuki a bit more, but he'll be spending a ton more time with Rina. i applauded yuki this ep because she's finally made an effort to work at keeping their relationship together. but we all know how this will go down the road..
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 22:23   Link #328
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Just regiestered to discuss this series (I though I registered before, but whatever).

Well.. I think this series is great so far. As for episode 3.. great episode, I find myself pausing a lot to read the on screen text that seems to go by faster as the series progresses.
Spoiler for episode:
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 22:44   Link #329
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Just regiestered to discuss this series (I though I registered before, but whatever).

Well.. I think this series is great so far. As for episode 3.. great episode, I find myself pausing a lot to read the on screen text that seems to go by faster as the series progresses.
Spoiler for episode:

maybe he was making out with rina
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 01:08   Link #330
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Not to mention I have a stinking feeling that Eiji noticed his sister's looks towards Touya, not to mention her slap in which she put more strength to it than she planned to, and thus Eiji might be secretly trying to hook these two up together. Can't for the life of me think of any other reason right now for Eiji dismissing Touya as a manager AND then asking him and Rina talk about it together in the cafe later on. It was him who fired him... shouldn't it have been him and Touya who needs a chat, not Rina and Touya?
Makes perfect sense to me that Eiji was dodging the fire from Rina by asking her to talk it over with Touya while trying to run off

As for the reason why Touya was fired...heck I don't know myself but if he was trying to get his sister hooked up, he won't be doing such a thing. I don't know where rumors that Eiji fired him since he likes Yuki came from but so far I find that hard to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i couldn't help but get a negative vibe from Rina this ep. by hiring him as her manager, yes he'll be able to see Yuki a bit more, but he'll be spending a ton more time with Rina. i applauded yuki this ep because she's finally made an effort to work at keeping their relationship together. but we all know how this will go down the road..
I don't think there are any hidden intentions thus far with Rina trying to help the love birds. And even if Touya ends up switching I can't blame him...Yuki made an effort but in a very teasing and annoying way (what himitsu?! evil>.>).

And while she is broke, I feel sorry for Haruka being used like that...damn you Touya >.>

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 01:56   Link #331
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

The himitsu has got to be her wanting to break up! Then we can have a happy Touya x Rina ending

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 02:21   Link #332
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Episode 3 article is up:

[RIUVA] Trial Run: White Album, Episode 3

Unfortunately, I am going to stop coverage here. The trial run is over, and it seems like this series just won't measure up.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 02:47   Link #333
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
As for Yuki... wtf? Touya and her met in high school? The ED certainly fooled me lol, since I assumed it was Touya who was the boy. Now I wonder, who the heck is the unknown boy she met when she was young... I'd laugh it was actually Eiji. XD
It was my impression that they met as children but Yuki was the only one that remembered. When the topic of when they first met came up Touya said something like "Yeah in high school" Yuki got this sad look on her face then they did a flashback to when they were kids.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 06:27   Link #334
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I'm personally relieved to see that Touya didn't fully turn down his opportunity to be a tutor judging by the scene near the end and especially when I saw Mana's name on the registration forms.

While we were at least shown her typical unwillingness to cooperate with the note she gave him, I wonder how Mana's personality will be portrayed in the Anime....Hopefully we'll be able to see her give Touya some verbal abuse. ^_^
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 07:00   Link #335
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
It was my impression that they met as children but Yuki was the only one that remembered. When the topic of when they first met came up Touya said something like "Yeah in high school" Yuki got this sad look on her face then they did a flashback to when they were kids.
Your right that's what I thought as well that they met once when they were kids but Toyua doesn't remember but Yuki does remember and was saddened that Toyua has forgotten. So for Toyua their first meeting was in high school when it was actually when they were kids.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 09:16   Link #336
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 3 certainly was interesting though it left me with more questions than answers but nonetheless a good episode.

That slap from Rina was well damn it was more like pimp slap than anything else. I feel her motives right now are for the benefit for Yuki and Touya at the moment i dont sense any malice on her part but i can see how this is going to be a problem later. She is basically inserting herself into their relationship at a time when its unstable. Which could lead to misunderstandings and the more time she spends with Touya the more chances there are for her to fall for him.

Im also wondering about the Yuki and Touya's first meeting. Which they both seem to have remembered their first meeting differently. Im thinking that Yuki memories of them meeting when they were children is more accurate and Touya forgot hence him saying they met in high school.

There is something really fishy going on with Eiji why would he fire Touya only to tell Rin why dont they talk it out and why the hell was he in the closet. He sure as hell ran like mad once Rina found him and how did she know he was in closet and how long had he been there for.

Yayoi is very cool i think it was her on the rooftop and she saw Yuki and Touya together and she was the responsible for the Saturday work but we shall see.

I couldn't help to laugh when the knock came at Touya's door and of course he knew it Haruka. What made it even funnier that after getting a date invite from Yuki he rushes back out because he knew she would probably still be there LMAO. Shes such a weird character but i cant help but to like her for some reason.

Rina is just a suburb character all around she dominates the screen whenever she appears and anyone who happens to be in the scene with her becomes back round noise. Its easy to see why she is the favorite of many a fan so far including me. The air about her and the confident personality draws attention to her and makes her shine brightest.

The only thing im not liking right now are thought blurbs above Touya's head during certain scenes. The first episode i didnt mind it but now it just feels like a cheap way to express a characters feeling with having to actually have to them either say it or act it out. I honestly hope it does not last long but im sure it will.

Next episode should prove to be very interesting it feels like the downfall of Yuki and Touya's relationship gets closer and closer and with other girls waiting in the shadows this may and WILL get messy.
Old 2009-01-23, 10:04   Link #337
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
Ah, that makes so much more sense than what I was thinking.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 10:15   Link #338
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@DKZ
Seriously? He knows better that he'd get a few words from Rina whatever the case may be, considering it's pretty hard to avoid family AND someone you work with. As such, I find it very hard to believe that he was trying to avoid Rina and was just using Touya to deflect her attention away from himself, when it most probably wouldn't work (and it actually didn't).

@Zippicus
For the 'forgotten' childhood friend, the one who forgot remembers who the other one is shortly after they are reunited. While it's debateable how long 'shortly after' is, but methinks after going out for the entirety of their high school lives and partly of their university times, you'd think that around 5 years together would joggle that memory a bit, no?

As such, I'm more inclined to think that Yuki is mistaking the identity of the boy of her past, especially since we aren't given a clear view of that guy's face, both in her flashback and in the ED.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 10:21   Link #339
king12354

This may be looking in too much but why were the mops and brooms upside down in the end? What kind of fun was Eiji having?
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 10:45   Link #340
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
The himitsu has got to be her wanting to break up! Then we can have a happy Touya x Rina ending
Given how positive she is, I think it's more likely that the big secret is the new song. Not entirely sure how you can split it in half, but perhaps it's 1) I have a new song! and 2) You get to hear it when it's out! Or that she's making her own album.

Not that it matters, since it'll probably end up being a thorn to Touya, who'll go around wondering what it could be and then all the negative possibilities will push them apart.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen