Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-14, 11:46   Link #81
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
In all seriousness, who amongst the Fishmen can really fight against Robin? The Trio can undoubtedly beat all of them, maybe even all of them by themselves (e.g. 1 against all), but damn if Robin's powers don't also lend her the ability to take down all of the fighters as well. Consequently, I don't know if she will fight if only because she should be able to beat anyone she fights easily.

Actually, Robin's ability does have one major disadvantage: Anything that the sprouted limbs feel can be felt by the base body, as well. Not only was that confirmed in an SBS, but it was also proven during her fight against Yama in Skypiea (recall her comment on how heavy he was). So if she were to fight against Hody, it's likely that all he'd have to do to defend against her is chomp down one of her arms in order to make her lower her guard, then he can let his brute strength take care of the rest......
Old 2011-09-14, 12:09   Link #82
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Caribou should join...
Oh my God, not this again.

I can categorically state that Caribou is not going to join.. ;s Not a chance in the world, IMO.

Anyway, where was it stated that Jimbei is a good helmsman?
Old 2011-09-14, 14:11   Link #83
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Oh my God, not this again.

I can categorically state that Caribou is not going to join.. ;s Not a chance in the world, IMO.
James was just kidding. Making fun of the Jimbe topic.
Old 2011-09-14, 14:26   Link #84
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
James was just kidding. Making fun of the Jimbe topic.
I know.

Some ppl seriously consider him a possibility though.. which confuses me :S
Old 2011-09-14, 14:36   Link #85
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I still vote for the Fakehats to join!
Old 2011-09-14, 14:49   Link #86
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Anyway, where was it stated that Jimbei is a good helmsman?
It wasn't stated, but it was shown that Jimbei is adept at that role when the Impel Down escapees confiscated the marines' ship on their way to Marineford.
Old 2011-09-14, 15:34   Link #87
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, Robin's ability does have one major disadvantage: Anything that the sprouted limbs feel can be felt by the base body, as well. Not only was that confirmed in an SBS, but it was also proven during her fight against Yama in Skypiea (recall her comment on how heavy he was). So if she were to fight against Hody, it's likely that all he'd have to do to defend against her is chomp down one of her arms in order to make her lower her guard, then he can let his brute strength take care of the rest......
Except, she can now seemingly make a million arms (or legs), which should be able to hold down even a tough brute like Hody. Don't get me wrong, she is still vulnerable (obviously she is not in the same league with Luffy or Buggy), mostly because she really only has an average level physical strength (she is no Zoro who can lift 10 Ton weights while sleeping), but her offensive prowess is almost overwhelming (at least against the current level of mooks the Strawhats are facing).

That being said, I kind of want to see Brook fight more, if only because we've never really seen him go all out...not that he would have to against these foes .
Old 2011-09-14, 15:38   Link #88
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
that is why Robin should go for the Franky technique first then the kill.
Old 2011-09-14, 16:45   Link #89
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Robin may not have the physical strength of Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji, however, there's something she could be very good at that, and could easily destroy almost anyone with...

She can duplicate ANY part of her body. And now she can make them LARGER. Distract everybody with large versions of her... *ahem* assets (at the cost of Sanji's life) then crush them all with giant feet.... or maybe her giant boobs. I'm pretty sure everybody would stare at them regardless. Robins ultimate technique! Shes gonna defeat Hody, Akainu, Blackbeard, and Eustass Kidd with this! Just you watch!
Old 2011-09-14, 17:28   Link #90
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I'm still waiting for Robin to make a giant skeleton (technically it should be possible) and crush her potential 1 vs 1 opponent. Think of it, Brook is scary already, now picture a giant version with bits of flesh, eyes and so on. Knowing Robin's sense of humor...she would totally do this just to scare her opponents.

Speaking of Robin (and previous posts refereed to the tired "All strawhats must have a sad past" rule that people use to deny/enforce their theories about next members) I was reminded of an old question: Who has the saddest/painful past of the crew members?

In my opinion it goes:

1- Robin
2- Nami
3- Brook
4- Chopper
5- Usopp
6- Franky
7- Luffy (Ace not included)
8- Zoro
9- Sanji

Coincidently...the Monster Trio's pasts can't compare with the rest of the crew's...
I dunno if that's a win for the weak peeps or just plain sad.
Old 2011-09-14, 17:51   Link #91
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
In my opinion it goes:

1- Robin
2- Nami
3- Brook
4- Chopper
5- Usopp
6- Franky
7- Luffy (Ace not included)
8- Zoro
9- Sanji

Coincidently...the Monster Trio's pasts can't compare with the rest of the crew's...
I dunno if that's a win for the weak peeps or just plain sad.
For me it would go...

1. Robin
2. Nami
3. Chopper
4. Brook
5. Franky
6. Sanji
7. Luffy (not counting Ace)
8. Ussop
9. Zoro

Zoro and Ussops past never really did much for me tbh. Back during those chapters, none of the pasts were really special. Sad, but not having me in the corner crying to myself like some of the later ones. Once Sanji came in though, Oda got better at flashbacks/backstory, and everything just kept getting better

Also, did anyone else notice this, about 10 chapters ago?
Old 2011-09-14, 18:00   Link #92
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post

Also, did anyone else notice this, about 10 chapters ago?
Yea it was posted back then too, I laughed so hard...Oda is so awesome.

And while I agree Oda got better at making the character's pasts...Usopp is still one that makes me very sad. Just think about it, his dad left to be a pirate, his mother got sick and eventually died, leaving him alone since the rest of the village ignored him for lying. Death of a parent is always a major blow.
I think people dismiss Usopp's past as not so sad because
A- Most of the crew has incredibly sad pasts;
B- Oda wasn't that good at flashbacks back then;
C- Usopp is a very comic relief character most of the time;
D- He had Kaya (however he only met her in his teens and even then he only talked to her through a window)

Sanji's past never really moved me much. Sure, starving for weeks is horrible and sad but compared to the death of family or someone close...I dunno.

But I think we can all agree...Robin and Nami have by far two of the saddest pasts xD
Old 2011-09-14, 18:17   Link #93
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

For Ussop and Luffy I feel like their "dramatic past" is being told in present time more than anything. Ussop had that whole bit during the CP9 saga with the Going Merry and him leaving the crew. Luffy also had the whole Ace situation.

I feel like eventually we'll learn more about Zoro and his past with Kuina. Probably during a future confrontation with Tashigi. Theres still a lot of room to flesh out his backstory, unlike for Nami, Robin, Chopper, Franky, and Brook. Same goes for Sanji. Theres still a ton of things we don't know about Sanji, and stuff could be added to that. Why did he go to East Blue when he was born in North Blue? Where were his parents in all of this? Maybe theres an actual reason for his over-protectiveness/pervyness around girls?
Old 2011-09-14, 18:26   Link #94
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
For me it would go...

1. Robin
2. Nami
3. Chopper
4. Brook
5. Franky
6. Sanji
7. Luffy (not counting Ace)
8. Ussop
9. Zoro
I think it should go:

1. Brook
2. Robin
3. Chopper
4. Nami
5. Franky
6. Sanji
7. Usopp
8. Luffy
9. Zoro

Brook wins just because of the amount of time he had to endure, alone and hopeless. At least Robin had friends (before they found out her true identity).
Old 2011-09-14, 18:55   Link #95
Ayame12

Any body no any really good anime to watch
Old 2011-09-15, 02:37   Link #96
John D.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Why is Pell alive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
I don't understand, I remember Oda himself killed off Pell in the Arabasta arc in the manga. I know the anime deviated on that front, but I didn't think Oda would go as far as retconning a piece of his manga. (As far away in time as it is)
At the end of Alabsta Arc [chapter 217, page 11] we see someone leaving a hospital and forgetting his hood, which looks remarkably similar to Pell's, which suggests that the mysterious man was Pell.

Later in Gedatsu's cover story [chapter 343's cover], and in the aftermath of the Marinford Battle [chapter 593, page 17 (where we see Pell talking to King Cobra)] we also receive confirmation that Pell survived, and subsequently that the mysterious man at the hospital most probable was, in fact, Pell.
Old 2011-09-15, 08:50   Link #97
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

The major opponents for this arc seem a little random and under-developed. Random giant that took drugs, random fodder boss that OD'ed on drugs...

Random question: when did zoro strip?
Old 2011-09-15, 09:19   Link #98
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
At the end of Alabsta Arc [chapter 217, page 11] we see someone leaving a hospital and forgetting his hood, which looks remarkably similar to Pell's, which suggests that the mysterious man was Pell.

Later in Gedatsu's cover story [chapter 343's cover], and in the aftermath of the Marinford Battle [chapter 593, page 17 (where we see Pell talking to King Cobra)] we also receive confirmation that Pell survived, and subsequently that the mysterious man at the hospital most probable was, in fact, Pell.
Oooh, thanks for the chapter, I could only recall the grave and the fact that other warrior couldn't cry over him for some reason. Makes more sense now. Cheers.
Old 2011-09-15, 10:12   Link #99
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Robin may not have the physical strength of Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji, however, there's something she could be very good at that, and could easily destroy almost anyone with...

She can duplicate ANY part of her body. And now she can make them LARGER. Distract everybody with large versions of her... *ahem* assets (at the cost of Sanji's life) then crush them all with giant feet.... or maybe her giant boobs. I'm pretty sure everybody would stare at them regardless. Robins ultimate technique! Shes gonna defeat Hody, Akainu, Blackbeard, and Eustass Kidd with this! Just you watch!

Of course, that would mainly work on mooks and baddies who have perverted minds (like Absalom, for instance). I wouldn't expect a marine admiral to fall for Robin's charms so easily (or even VAs, for that matter. After all, remember how Momonga resisted Hancock's powers?). And how do we know if Robin tries to use her stomping move against a more clever opponent, said enemy wouldn't think of something like tickling her giant tootsies or setting up a trap of a million thumbtacks or something like that? Again, she lets her guard down...... she's finished.

But then again, her weakness probably won't be such a big issue if she's able to use CoO Haki.

BTW, I was looking back a few pages, and noticed I had missed this little gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Actually I'd prefer Decken to stay instead of Hodi since Decken's at least a bit funnier than that failsome Lucci/Arlong hybrid.In the end, they are both losers that cant do anything and I dont think it will change anything at all.Once the crew show us their 2 years of power on random losers, hodi will be bitchslapped to death by Luffy.

It's so sad and funny at the same time 'cuz it's true (to an extent). Though I wouldn't really call Decken a loser since so far his DF power's kind of proved to be a lot more useful than Hody and his goons cramming pills down their throat like M&Ms. And we sort of already saw Luffy bitchslapping Glass Jo(n)e(s) all over the place before he escaped to sea.....

Still, I think it's kind of unfair to compare Hody to Lucci. At least unlike a certain pigeon man, I actually find our punching bag friend to be entertaining.
Old 2011-09-15, 10:43   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Random question: when did zoro strip?
The moment he knew he'd end up protecting Robin.