AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-15, 11:33   Link #2321
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imako View Post
Call me a total n00b but I frankly liked ME2 better than ME3. That game was a huge step up from the original Mass Effect in terms of interaction, while ME3 felt like more of the same. Plus, ME2 at least had a final boss.
Are you kidding me?

After every mission if you run around the ship you'll see various squad members interacting with each other. Javik is probably one of the best ones.

Then there's this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQz5ECIN1c

or this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWcykrXnVyg

You did not get that in ME2
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 12:41   Link #2322
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So a question to most of the people here since the ending discussions swamped just about everything, and reading the same thing being discussed over and over gets tiring after a while:

DISREGARDING the last 5-10 minutes of the game, what do people think about the rest of the game?
Well not having the ending kind of taint the impression of the game isn't easy, but will try. Besides the ending it was pretty good. There were some things I felt was odd though. Why couldn't I holster my gun? I mean really? Maybe it isn't smart to put the gun away all the time, but how did they suddenly reverse to a game where you couldn't do that? And it definitely felt like people were talking more without you getting to make a choice on dialogue. It wasn't bad, but you did notice the lack of dialogue choices. And that silly security door that slows you down .

A lot of good things though. The atmosphere felt pretty good with everything at stake and you could just feel the pressure mounting to get the job done. Plenty of emotional moments and sacrifices made along the way. It was nice to get to customize the weapons more and they gave me an option to have the helmet disappear during dialogue so I could actually equip one this time .
Old 2012-03-15, 13:27   Link #2323
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Interestingly, the number of units sold doesn't seem to hold the notion of the "white-hot" rage we more hardcore fans seem to be a part of.
Do we even have sales numbers yet? Last I heard we only had numbers shipped.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 14:05   Link #2324
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I'm pretty sure the game did well.

I mean it takes time for people to figure out the ending and such.

The thing to look for is the amount of used copies and such.

On that matter from an interview that's coming on an app.

Mac Walters on the Star Child/Reapers
"Originally, with the catalyst, the star child at the end of the game, I had written that much more in the guise of a investigative style conversation, where there is something he tells you but then, you get to ask a bunch of questions and you get your questions answered. But then me and Casey talked and decided, lets keep the conversation "High level". Give you the details that you need to know, but don't get into the stuff that you don't need to know. Like "How long have they been reaping?" You don't need to know the answers to the mass effect universe. So we intentionally left those out"

Whatever we do would likely happen before or during the events of Mass Effect 3, not after"

Yes I understand that people will buy DLC's regardless but Bioware in this case screwed up so bad with the ending that most people will find it useless to even replay the other games.

To make a point, what's the point of buying a DLC that adds a mission during the events when in the end your still stuck with green, red or blue?

And MP, I dunno it's fun but I don't think people would shoot for that a lot in DLC compared to maybe TF2 or CoD.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 15:29   Link #2325
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
PC version notwithstanding I have noticed a large number of used copies of the 360 version of ME3 at my local GameStop and a local tech pawn shop called CEX.

So many of the fans are pissed off, and only a minority of the pissed off fans are actually whinging about it on the internets. The other three people I know who are also playing ME3 have sworn off buying any more Bioware games unless ME3's ending is fixed to make some sort of sense.

As for me, I'll finish my customary second playthrough (I always play RPGs twice when I buy them, once to get the plot, the second to get 100% completion) and probably uninstall all three ME games for the interim (though I'll keep my saves).
Old 2012-03-15, 15:30   Link #2326
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

"We cut it because we wanted to be ~DEEP~"
Mac Walters.

Ugggh. I think I haven't seen this incompetency in a while.

Holy crap they cut THIS* because it didn't fit?! WHAT? WHAT?!

*Ending spoiler obviously.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 15:53   Link #2327
Who

That's not all they cut. If you saw the app they released today on ME3's final hours of production, you'd see a lot more.

The rage it induced cause an entire forum section to be lock down for an indefinite period of time as well as at least half the threads in another to be closed.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 16:00   Link #2328
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Oh yeah the cut minute of Anderson's dialogue. I don't know why that was pulled out. It would have made the shit-terrible endings slightly less shit-terrible.

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2012-03-15, 16:17   Link #2329
Aqua Knight

I think Bioware has never seen such hate ever. I think if they don't fix the ending their reputation would be ruined forever for making the end of great series such pile of crap. And ME3 will be a game rememberd not only as a great game, but a game with the worst ending.

Quote:
The rage it induced cause an entire forum section to be lock down for an indefinite period of time as well as at least half the threads in another to be closed.
Lol, that's actually very funny

And check out this page - hacked Casey Hudson wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Hudson

Quote:
Known for
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic,
Destruction of the Mass Effect trilogy
People are awesome!
Old 2012-03-15, 16:55   Link #2330
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Really though, if the endings are "true" or the indoctrination theory is correct, it's still just stupid. ME is pulp sci-fi/space opera. Neither of these genres include pretentious hipster bullshit.
Old 2012-03-15, 17:01   Link #2331
Aqua Knight

I also don't like the ending, but why do you call them "pretentious hipster bullshit"?
Old 2012-03-15, 17:44   Link #2332
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I think Bioware has never seen such hate ever. I think if they don't fix the ending their reputation would be ruined forever for making the end of great series such pile of crap. And ME3 will be a game rememberd not only as a great game, but a game with the worst ending.

Lol, that's actually very funny

And check out this page - hacked Casey Hudson wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Hudson

People are awesome!
It was edited back. Since you didn't do that smart thing and post the SCREENSHOT, I'm gonna go with the favorite internet thing to say: Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 2012-03-15, 17:46   Link #2333
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Really though, if the endings are "true" or the indoctrination theory is correct, it's still just stupid. ME is pulp sci-fi/space opera. Neither of these genres include pretentious hipster bullshit.
As the YouTube video says, the indoctrination theory is just people grasping at straws for ANYTHING but the ending they got.

It's pretty bad when your ending leaves half the fanbase in denial and making up crazy theories to compensate for a shitty ending.
Old 2012-03-15, 18:36   Link #2334
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Interestingly, the number of units sold doesn't seem to hold the notion of the "white-hot" rage we more hardcore fans seem to be a part of. I don't think EA or Bioware will suffer any kind of net loss, with this game (or any DLC and spin-offs they surely will release in the future). Maybe it's just too soon...

It's also quite funny to note that the rate of people who bought the X-Box 360's version is almost 70% higher than the ones who bought the PS3's one, as far as consoles go.
Not sure they're counting digital downloads, tho (inexistent in the one from Microsoft). I bought it from SEN, myself.
People don't exactly know how the game was going to end until they bought them. This is what happens when game reviewers don't FINISH the game before giving their reviews.
Old 2012-03-15, 18:38   Link #2335
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Let's just hope that if we do end up getting a new ending, Bioware doesn't further troll people.

Like so.

Spoiler for inb4snapekilleddumbledore:
Old 2012-03-15, 18:49   Link #2336
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
This is what happens when game reviewers don't FINISH the game before giving their reviews.
Even if they did finish the game, were they to give it a bad review, do you think EA would advertise on their site or give them advance copies ever again?

Moral of the story: do not listen to professional reviewers.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 18:52   Link #2337
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Even if they did finish the game, were they to give it a bad review, do you think EA would advertise on their site or give them advance copies ever again?

Moral of the story: do not listen to professional reviewers.
Finally, someone who gets it. >.> I'm not alone anymore.
Old 2012-03-15, 19:20   Link #2338
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Just putting this here.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 19:31   Link #2339
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Ouch. Burn.
Old 2012-03-15, 21:27   Link #2340
Who