AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-08-19, 19:00   Link #3881
DerDoppelganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Honestly even if he was rising in level he wouldn't be able to go lower in the dungeon with his current team. And since his current "dungeon teammates" (combination of his familia and of the friendly familias of Takemikazuchi/Miach IIRC?) will progress slower than him anyway, that cannot change easily, as said before.
In particular there's no way that Mikoto, Welf or Chigusa reach level 3 any time soon, as that would make them far faster to level up than the previous record holder Ais. That wouldn't make any sense. So more than one year without levelling up, probably.
And if Bell were to progress despite that and find other teammates at his level like some members of the Hermes familia (Ryu is far beyond his level seriously, even if he were to reach level 4, she's the most OP level 4 who ever existed, and she hasn't even updated her status for years), this would lead to lowering even more the role of the other members of his familia. Say what you want about his familia still counting because romance and blablabla, but in volume 10, they were almost irrelevant from start to finish. And it wasn't even about lower dungeon here, they could have had a role considering the place all of this happened, but they didn't. Think of how low their role would become in case of Bell leveling up again.

I'd say that Bell staying level 3 for now is both logical (for the first time, he doesn't have access to dungeon floors with monsters of his level, since the lowest he went was floor 20, which is still level 2 monsters-> difficulty to raise his stats as fast as before-> stats not high enough, no levelling up even if fighting someone stronger and winning) AND desirable for the story anyway.
We already have sword oratoria for more dungeon oriented stuff and high level battles like we had in the 6th volume, which was full of level 6 fighting each other.
True

They were totally useless at the end of volume X, to the point that they didn't even attempt to take action, although, to be fair, very few people would be able to contend with Loki Familia's executives.

Haruhime and Lili are the closest to leveling-up, yet they are still several months away from that happening, not that a level 2 Lili would be of much help, but Haruhime's Uchidenokozuchi has much room for improvement, not only in strength, but duration, frequency and reach (multiple targets) as well.

A theory of mine would allow it to happen much faster, say at the beginning of volume XI, which is not that far fetched, considering the inconsistencies found in Ryuu Gaiden and Sword Oratoria volume VI.

For Bell to reach level 4 in the next volume, someone other than Ais would have to take him under his wing, such as Ryuu, Asterius, or if Hermes plays his cards right, Loki Familia itself, although unwillingly.

Hestia Familia could also join forces with the Xenos, although that could be more than a little problematic.

Another possibility lies in Knossos, which could contain a wider variety of monsters, strength-wise, allowing each member of Hestia Familia to find a worthy adversary in every encounter, although it would be very similar to Omori's current solution to this problem, namely, to pit them against other Familia in the streets of Orario, which is why we haven't had a truly Dungeon-centric release since volume V.

The issue here is that it won't work in the long-term, since conflicts amongst adventurers are short-lived, and are more effective for leveling-up than raising one's basic abilities, not that it matters in the end.

Having reached the midway point of the series, we probably won't see Welf and Mikoto level-up again, even though Bell's progress rate has been more than halved.

Also, Ryuu joining Hestia Familia has been strongly hinted at, so it is only a matter of time before it happens. Bell no longer being the strongest member would make for an interesting, although short-lived turn of event, but Ryuu being as strong as she is would more than make up for the team's overall weakness.
DerDoppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 08:56   Link #3882
Bombo
TSF Fans

From last chapter in manga 58or 59 ..where i can read in LN?
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 09:07   Link #3883
RDNexus

Has the licensed Vol05 been released already?
I think the current Manga arc is adapting that volume.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 09:14   Link #3884
The Green One

Yes Light Novel volume 5 is already out in English. Volume 6 will be out in a couple of days as well.
Old 2016-08-28, 09:30   Link #3885
RDNexus

Then, Bombo, you can read from Vol05 onwards... As soon as you buy it, of course
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 07:07   Link #3886
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Yep. Current translated chapter is right near the beginning of the fifth volume. If you've seen the anime, youre familiar with that part of the story as well. So starting with volume 5 is probably easiest, though I don't know if the manga has diverged from the novels in any meaningful manner. And volume 6 comes out tomorrow. The official translation has finally outstripped the anime. We should be happy, since that doesn't always happen...
Old 2016-08-30, 12:48   Link #3887
Bombo
TSF Fans

Tyvm guys
Old 2016-09-01, 12:22   Link #3888
Bombo
TSF Fans

Which volume for finn start to notice lili?
Old 2016-09-01, 12:28   Link #3889
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Which volume for finn start to notice lili?
technically, Volume 3. The way she covered Bell and took the blow, and after that despite her wounds went all the way to search for help for Bell, and the way she was not giving up nor falling unconscious.
For him to talk about it though, it's volume 8.
Old 2016-09-02, 18:36   Link #3890
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
technically, Volume 3. The way she covered Bell and took the blow, and after that despite her wounds went all the way to search for help for Bell, and the way she was not giving up nor falling unconscious.
For him to talk about it though, it's volume 8.
Tyvm

Any news for volume 7? I just read v.5&6 awesome awesome....I can't wait for trasnslation vol7 to buy it!
Old 2016-09-04, 09:23   Link #3891
Lenox

How is Yen Press' translation quality good, bad or atrocious and do they change things? For this and other novels by the way.
Lenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 16:31   Link #3892
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenox View Post
How is Yen Press' translation quality good, bad or atrocious and do they change things? For this and other novels by the way.
First a couple caveats. I read the Kindle versions, so it could be different for the paperbacks. I also didn't read any fanlations before reading the official translations, so I can only go by how close they are to the anime, and by what I've read on the wiki for what the anime didn't adapt.

The story is good. It's well readable, without a lot of the "too-literal" translation that makes some fanlations pretty unreadable, but no real overt localization, either. You can sense that the translator(s) have a firm handle on both Japanese and English.

The editing is pretty mediocre, though. Misspellings and wonky grammar aren't as prevalent as they generally are in one-person or small-group fanlations, which suggests that someone has edited it, but they're more prevalent than they should be. That's why I gave the caveat of having only read the Kindle versions, as I suspect the paperback versions probably got an extra editing pass or two, as suggested by previous Yen Press novels I've read in paperback (specifically the Haruhi series), which had the proper amount of polish.

One other thing they bugs me somewhat is that some of the romanizations of the names are different from what I am familiar with or would prefer, generally involving L vs R usage (Lilliluka, Lyu, etc.) but that's not a big deal.

As I'm sure some people will want to know, there are no honorifics. I have absolutely no problem with this, as it's not set in an Eastern society. What plot elements there are that involve the use of honorifics (Lilly's manner of address, for instance) are handled in the usual manner, with a Mr. or Miss in front of the name used. It works well enough.

Overall, I would say the translation is fair to good. I'm happy enough reading them, and I'm more of a nazi with this stuff than some. It's easy to read, and that's all you really need. If there were any really overt deviations, or mistranslations of central thematic elements, I imagine we'd have heard about it by now.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-09-05 at 19:40.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 17:26   Link #3893
Ferril

thank you kenny, that makes me feel better just starting the fifth and sixth volumes myself. I started reading this series only a few months before everything got taken down, thankfully I saved it all before I started reading it. I really liked the way it was translated before.

*snip*

Last edited by LKK; 2016-09-10 at 22:03. Reason: Series is licensed. Don't ask about fan translations.
Ferril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 17:28   Link #3894
bakato

Shit's about to go down.

Old 2016-09-21, 17:38   Link #3895
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Yeap, just as predicted Bell is going to side with monsters.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 18:03   Link #3896
The Green One

Looks like Bell is going full throttle balls to the wall fuck it mode and going all in.
Old 2016-09-21, 20:28   Link #3897
Wandering Soul

Doesn't seem like Bell's relationship with the rest of city is going to improve. If anything, it seems like it might get worse.
Old 2016-09-21, 22:24   Link #3898
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Doesn't seem like Bell's relationship with the rest of city is going to improve. If anything, it seems like it might get worse.
That is generally what happens when you end up on opposite sides of a GODDAMN FANTASY WAR

*ahem*

Interested to see how the author will play this.
Old 2016-09-21, 22:56   Link #3899
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I don't care.much about Bell, but his actions are going to cause massive bullying on Hestia.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 23:10   Link #3900
Twi

Quick question for novel readers: Are there any mentions of cannons or pistols in this series?

I'm writing a crossover with Bloodborne and I'm just starting to read the first novel on my Kindle App.

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance