AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 16.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 19.39%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-04, 05:19   Link #421
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
It doesn't really matter how it goes in the court, though. The rapist can commit a crime and get away with it due to lack of evidence or whatever when he's tried, doesn't mean he didn't commit a crime by breaking the law, hence he's still a piece of trash.

Well, for me, that's what rapists are anyway . Your mileage may vary.
Old 2007-09-04, 05:26   Link #422
Inari
far far away kingdom

Send a message via MSN to Inari
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeplesCuttino View Post
Then turn around in the next episode:

Spoiler for Next Episode:

Oh, Makoto......He is the Legendary Real Men of Genius

Spoiler for next episode:
Old 2007-09-04, 06:29   Link #423
l3LooDLusT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inari View Post
Spoiler for next episode:
Spoiler for for next episode:
Old 2007-09-04, 06:57   Link #424
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
"In comparison to other countries in the developed world, Japan has a unique prosecutorial system. Ninety-nine percent of criminal defendants are convicted in Japan, and almost all are convicted following their own confession. Prosecutors tend to bring charges only when they have a signed confession from the accused, and such confessions often occur after long questioning by police. Although defendants have a right to counsel, it is generally not possible for them to obtain counsel between their arrest and indictment. This makes it difficult to judge the true extent of criminal activity in Japan, since many possible criminals refuse to confess and are thus never indicted.

Japan has a death penalty that can be invoked by the Minister of Justice for murder, arson, and crimes against humanity. The death penalty's constitutionality has been challenged by some advocacy groups in Japan but continues to be upheld by the Supreme Court. There are five other basic forms of criminal punishment in Japan: imprisonment at hard labor, imprisonment, fine, detention (less than 30 days), and minor fine (less than ¥10,000). Japan has been criticized for giving lenient punishments for some crimes, most notably rape (which carries a typical sentence of 2–5 years in prison, and a theoretical maximum of fifteen).

Note: The penalties in the Criminal Law were revised and reinforced in 2004. Therefore, the lower limit of the penalty of rape is now three years in prison, with a theoretical maximum of twenty."

Source taken from Wikipedia
Old 2007-09-04, 07:42   Link #425
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Well, depends on what country you're talking about, but I'm fairly certain in Canada and the US this is not always the case. The court will side with those with evidence on their side, and if it comes down to "he said, she said" the victim will probably lose if the defense can pull up some dirt on the victim to create reasonable doubt of rape.
Unfournetly, its very hard for a rape victim to win a case. Rape is the only crime where the victim is literally on trail and has to prove that the defendent is guilty not the other way around. That is the reason why most rape victims wont come forward when it happens. Katsura's case would be very hard for her to prove in court. It would come down to he said she said and with no evidence and with Taisuke not having any previous criminal history on his recored he would get off. IT sucks but thats how it works there is no one to stand as a witness for her and im sure with how her messed up her mind was at the time, there will be peices that she cant remember. I would bet that she doesnt actually remember the rape its self but she remembers the afterwards part after Taisuke was done.

This is so tricky since this is taking place in Japan we dont know how their laws work. Like i said before though i have a friend who is looking up the rape laws for me since hes fluent in japanese
Old 2007-09-04, 08:27   Link #426
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
for some reason these discusion make me laught.
from a stereotypical point of view the hero/main guy is supposed to be shy, weak, moderatly handsome at best and clumbsy with feelings, but when i m browsing these boards i giggle, cause it seems that the guy is stud adding girls to his cherrypop list.
i dont know what s happening in the anime but dont get so fired up, it s totally irealistic, i mean all the cute girls he encounter would already have a boyfriend and he would only have his hand to play with.
not to mention if the main guy is sensitive it s even worst, here are the only wise words my father ever told me when i asked him why girl were always attract by men that misstreat them.
"Son, womem dont like sensitve men, only sensitve men like sensitive men"
Old 2007-09-04, 08:42   Link #427
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
for some reason these discusion make me laught.
from a stereotypical point of view the hero/main guy is supposed to be shy, weak, moderatly handsome at best and clumbsy with feelings, but when i m browsing these boards i giggle, cause it seems that the guy is stud adding girls to his cherrypop list.
la n'est certainement pas la question -___-"

The issue isn't exactly the setup at all, as it is absolutely not our usual love triangle/harem story.
Quote:
i dont know what s happening in the anime but dont get so fired up, it s totally irealistic,
I feel some discussions are going overboard and too "passionate", of course.
But it is quite silly to pretend to be "not so fired up" if you didn't have a peek in this anime. it is like saying "why show "X" is so popular?" while the question can be answered by watching X.
Quote:
i mean all the cute girls he encounter would already have a boyfriend and he would only have his hand to play with.
That is absolutely irrelevant.
Quote:
not to mention if the main guy is sensitive it s even worst, here are the only wise words my father ever told me when i asked him why girl were always attract by men that misstreat them.
"Son, womem dont like sensitve men, only sensitve men like sensitive men"
Oi... what is the original french version of this sentence? i'm curious...
and seriously, that part cannot be claimed in such situation, considering we have the advantage of the third perspective.
The story cannot make everything "that obvious to everyone", otherwise, it wouldn't make any sense.
Old 2007-09-04, 09:04   Link #428
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
sorry i agree, i cant really comment since i havent watch the show.
i was more commenting on the stereotype you too often encounter in romance anime, i dont really like those kind of anime so i always biased when commenting on them.
reguarding the personal feeling people put in anime well it s been a very long while since i ever felt personnaly involved in an anime.
The funny thing is that the last anime that ever moved me was kimi ga nozomu eien (yeah i know it s one of those romance anime i like to make fun of). KGNE even managed to make me cry!!!

as for what my father told me well the french version was something like that :
"Mon fils, les femmes aiment les hommes dures et les salauds. Seuls les hommes sensibles aiment les autres hommes sensibles"
Old 2007-09-04, 10:41   Link #429
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
sorry i agree, i cant really comment since i havent watch the show.
i was more commenting on the stereotype you too often encounter in romance anime, i dont really like those kind of anime so i always biased when commenting on them.
reguarding the personal feeling people put in anime well it s been a very long while since i ever felt personnaly involved in an anime.
The funny thing is that the last anime that ever moved me was kimi ga nozomu eien (yeah i know it s one of those romance anime i like to make fun of). KGNE even managed to make me cry!!!

as for what my father told me well the french version was something like that :
"Mon fils, les femmes aiment les hommes dures et les salauds. Seuls les hommes sensibles aiment les autres hommes sensibles"
Although School Days has made me want to cry several times it has not managed to get me into full blown out tears like KGNE did which is one of my favorite romance animes of all time. But they are both tragic in their own way. THey are both emotionally draining and for drama fanatics its perfect
Old 2007-09-04, 11:06   Link #430
Echoes

I think KgNE has a lot more genuine drama than School Days, and the characters there are believable, especially when set up against Kotonoha/Makoto. It deals with things we can relate to, life-choices and situations that would be hard to deal with for anyone, not abstract craziness like School Days. School Days offers something very different, so it's sort of unfair to compare them in that manner, at least in my case, as KgNE will always come out on top.

That being said, School Days offers a lot in terms of originality and tension, I'm always anxious to find out what's going to happen next. Right now, for example, I'm very anxious about the Taisuke/Kotonoha scene, I wonder how she'll react, and perhaps even more-so, what Taisuke will do next.
Old 2007-09-04, 22:24   Link #431
Major1138

Well while School Days seems to draw a lot of comparisons to KGNE, I don't think they are really that similar beyond the superficial - a somewhat unlikeable protagonist and a really messed up love triangle/polygon.

KGNE's drama is driven by forces beyond the character's control, and honestly, all the drama in the series arises from the decision pretty much every character takes to not tell the entire truth at one point or another. While we can all berate Takayuki for being horribly indecisive, or Mitsuki for stabbing her friend in the back (regardless if one agrees with either position) at least one can sort of sympathize with the situation they're all in, which would be pretty trying for even the most strong-willed of characters.

As mentioned, School Days is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. It's somewhat realistic in that high school relationships tend to be drama-to-the-max anyways, but the whole thing seems to push the limits of "how much drama can there be?" on a fairly regular basis. That's not to say it's not entertaining - I'm amazed at how they've managed to increase the drama with each subsequent episode without having the whole thing explode, and the ending, if nothing else, will be quite memorable.
Old 2007-09-06, 14:37   Link #432
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
more evidance of kotonoha's downward spiral into nothingness...this "love" is turning into obsession and really isnt doing any good for her (i guess this is the time where i start to show pity knowing how she is the victim so far...mentally unstable or not this isnt her fault imo ~ blame makoto and sekai's alter ego) ~ but i must say that knee into his nuts really made me feel good! ++++ points for sekai heres hoping that he will become sterile ^__^

otome jumping in head first...oh the joys! haha!!! makoto really is a legend...so basically he will go for anything with 2 or more legs his comment on otome's appearence further sent him deeper into hell in my books :3 sekai giving otome the evil glare haha XD

"baka couple"

kokoro's friend is really smart ~

kotonoha getting bullied again *sigh* even without watching further i can just see kotonoha taking makoto into the lounge (head bashes!) ~ now sekai loses her points gained last ep reverting back into a baka...why the hell is she asking makoto to go to the dance with her! AGHHHH cant she see that this solves nothing if kotonoha still consideres makoto as her boyfriend!?

new pairing! taisuke x otome!

more burning! makoto finally picks up his phone and goes running to kotonoha only to be stopped by otome...hahahahaha!! tradition! XD this is really really bad...in a good way! so he beds otome...he really does have a memory span of a goldfish (oh dear i cant say that or i would be insulting the fishes! )

kotonoha still in denial and gets hooked up with taisuke...okey it was forced *sigh* she has been corrupted

the insert song + dance was beautiful...in a hellish way

oh how i love this series! 10/10

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-15, 19:14   Link #433
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The After School Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
more evidance of kotonoha's downward spiral into nothingness...this "love" is turning into obsession and really isnt doing any good for her (i guess this is the time where i start to show pity knowing how she is the victim so far...mentally unstable or not this isnt her fault imo ~ blame makoto and sekai's alter ego) ~ but i must say that knee into his nuts really made me feel good! ++++ points for sekai heres hoping that he will become sterile ^__^

otome jumping in head first...oh the joys! haha!!! makoto really is a legend...so basically he will go for anything with 2 or more legs his comment on otome's appearence further sent him deeper into hell in my books :3 sekai giving otome the evil glare haha XD

"baka couple"

kokoro's friend is really smart ~

kotonoha getting bullied again *sigh* even without watching further i can just see kotonoha taking makoto into the lounge (head bashes!) ~ now sekai loses her points gained last ep reverting back into a baka...why the hell is she asking makoto to go to the dance with her! AGHHHH cant she see that this solves nothing if kotonoha still consideres makoto as her boyfriend!?

new pairing! taisuke x otome!

more burning! makoto finally picks up his phone and goes running to kotonoha only to be stopped by otome...hahahahaha!! tradition! XD this is really really bad...in a good way! so he beds otome...he really does have a memory span of a goldfish (oh dear i cant say that or i would be insulting the fishes! )

kotonoha still in denial and gets hooked up with taisuke...okey it was forced *sigh* she has been corrupted

the insert song + dance was beautiful...in a hellish way

oh how i love this series! 10/10
I second.

Makoto's went all h-mode on Sekai or tried to, but she put in place at the nick of time with her patented knee on the loins.

But wait, there's Otome that got the hots for Makoto and chose to give herself a little push to bring Makoto to the rest area.
And they went on with the nasty.

The guy's just a shameless pig even scanning Otome with his h-vision and musing that she's hot as well.

Then Sekai doesn't help the situation by latching onto Makoto and declaring all four winds before the whole school that she's his girlfriend and lover.

A poor Kotonoha is descending into pathetic lameness as her eyes lose their shine and turns into a monochromatic doll, and the four bitches keep pestering her that she and Makoto aren't lovers but Kotonoha persists.
Man when is that girl going to learn that Makoto chases after the big or cute boobies his eyes can pry on.

The one character that made sense was Kokoro's friend, Uzuki, who immediately figured out that Makoto was in a deadlock between two girls or quoting her a complex among couples how adult to put it.
Closed Thread