AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-04-07, 21:43   Link #1
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Question about iCloud

I am using a computer from my roommate since my PC (a desktop) has what appears to be a dead PSU. Their computer is a MacBook Air. The desktop PC has a high speed modem connected to the wall connected to it, and then the modem transmits to the MacBook Air to give it internet access.

So I noticed something peculiar. On this laptop, when I go to search things on google, it'll show sites that have been visited (purple text instead of blue). However, it is sites visited on the desktop and never visited by the laptop. Further more, searches I've done on google on the desktop are found in the search bar history when going to google on the laptop. This Apple laptop has something called iCloud, a digital, wireless 'Cloud' application. Is this the culprit? Can I disable its spying on my desktop? That'd be great. If the culprit isn't iCloud, what could it be?
Old 2012-04-07, 22:06   Link #2
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Some browsers can be set to sync things between various machines, such as history or form input.

You could disable this feature, but it's probably better to ask your roomate since its their computer.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 22:34   Link #3
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So maybe it is Safari. I don't want to disable all devices, just my desktop. Is it possible to do just one device? Does anyone know how to do that?
Old 2012-04-07, 22:48   Link #4
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So maybe it is Safari. I don't want to disable all devices, just my desktop. Is it possible to do just one device? Does anyone know how to do that?
Go to System Preferences/Control Panel > iCloud and then uncheck "Bookmarks." When you disable that, bookmarks will no longer get sync to the computer you turned it off.