AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-27, 21:17   Link #7841
DanielSong39

I'm actually OK with Haruto getting together with Yuzuki, as long as there are actual consequences and they are long-lasting.

Seo failed hard in this area in Suzuka. He pulled the ultimate cop-out where everyone bends over backwards for the main couple and they face virtually no consequences.

I'm hoping for a different ending in Kimi no Iru Machi. I think it's possible to have a happy ending where the lead couple gets together without resorting to cop-outs. I'm actually seeing signs of such an ending, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 22:25   Link #7842
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I'm actually OK with Haruto getting together with Yuzuki, as long as there are actual consequences and they are long-lasting.

Seo failed hard in this area in Suzuka. He pulled the ultimate cop-out where everyone bends over backwards for the main couple and they face virtually no consequences.

I'm hoping for a different ending in Kimi no Iru Machi. I think it's possible to have a happy ending where the lead couple gets together without resorting to cop-outs. I'm actually seeing signs of such an ending, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
?? what consequences are you talking about in Suzuka? He was single when he hooked up again, its not like there was another person or something stopping him. Unless you're talking about the sports part yet I still believe Suzuka was never a sports manga to begin with lol.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 22:45   Link #7843
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
?? what consequences are you talking about in Suzuka? He was single when he hooked up again, its not like there was another person or something stopping him. Unless you're talking about the sports part yet I still believe Suzuka was never a sports manga to begin with lol.
He meant the consequences from what happened after they got together, when...

Spoiler for Suzuka ending:

As for the sports part, it was leftovers from his previous long running series, Cross Over. Back then, he wrote an infuriating (basketball) sports story with many inaccuracies instead of an infuriating romance.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 22:54   Link #7844
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
He meant the consequences from what happened after they got together, when...

Spoiler for Suzuka ending:

As for the sports part, it was leftovers from his previous long running series, Cross Over. Back then, he wrote an infuriating (basketball) sports story with many inaccuracies instead of an infuriating romance.
Spoiler for reply:
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 09:31   Link #7845
Key Board
Carbon

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 11:16   Link #7846
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Honestly the entire circle of friends is a bunch of pig headed immature kids, not a single one of them steps back and try to see the bigger picture.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 11:29   Link #7847
Emulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Honestly the entire circle of friends is a bunch of pig headed immature kids, not a single one of them steps back and try to see the bigger picture.
Lol, true. I prophesy that in a couple of chapters they will see how idiotic they are behaving, stop with that nonsense, apologise and they will be friends again. But i´m not so sure abot Kiyomi. She seems to be really butthurt.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 11:31   Link #7848
Mentar
Banned

I'd give them a bit of time. If something like this happens in a close friend circle, things tend to get REALLY awkward. I wanna see how they act 1-2 weeks after.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 13:22   Link #7849
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Well, I think the issue is here, as Mentar said, they need time. Frankly, Haruto has been doing so many stupid things over the years for Eba and then, with this latest incident, hurt a good friend of theirs in the process, so their reactions are a bit understandable. Sometimes, you can only take so much of a friend doing things like this before you get sick of them.

In the end, they'll probably become friends again, but there will be a lot of lost respect for him after returning to someone who hurt him like that. After all, I know I couldn't really respect a friend who was constantly lying and hiding things from his girlfriend, while sneaking around behind her back with his ex. It's just not decent. Combined with his history of being selfish and refusing to listen to his friends advice and it makes it that much harder.

@Shadow5YA: What inaccuracies in Cross Over? You mean people can't really jump twice by pumping their legs in mid-air to get extra height?

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2011-06-28 at 14:38.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 13:28   Link #7850
katsudon
Part Time Translator

remember when rin chan tried to invite haruto into the house back then? she wanted to show him something...... i wonder.... ^.^

i really think rin chan have a crush on haruto, or is pretending to for some reason. anything to keep a series going without aborting it with a pregnancy like suzuka series.
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 13:38   Link #7851
DanielSong39

To borrow a term from soccer, Haruto's friends have given him the yellow card for "persistent infringement", as opposed to a "professional foul".

His closest friends (Takashi and Akari) will forgive him, I'm sure. However, it's the second yellow when it comes to Nanami so I wouldn't be too disappointed if she brushes him off for good.

Looking at it from Asuka's perspective, the offense was a straight red. She shouldn't have anything more to do with him - I really think this would be best for both parties.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 14:31   Link #7852
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
their actions seem justified to me they have given Haruto a free pass on a great many things. when you do finally say enough is enough? Both sides need time to let the healing process begin. Think about Asuka she lives right next to him, the best thing for her is no contact with Haruto. Everyone just needs time to cool their heads. His friends cant see the bigger picture because Haruto has not allowed them a screening of it.
Old 2011-06-28, 15:04   Link #7853
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
their actions seem justified to me they have given Haruto a free pass on a great many things. when you do finally say enough is enough? Both sides need time to let the healing process begin. Think about Asuka she lives right next to him, the best thing for her is no contact with Haruto. Everyone just needs time to cool their heads. His friends cant see the bigger picture because Haruto has not allowed them a screening of it.
Very wise comment.

I love now to see awkward interactions of Asuka and him, nothing else matters per se now ~
Old 2011-06-28, 16:58   Link #7854
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Can you really blame the friends though?

Outside of the incident involving the dumb hot older classmate (BRING HER BACK DAMN IT) were any of them really around during all his other retardedly selfish fuck ups (correct me if I'm wrong)?

Nothing really seemed wrong from their point of view.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 17:03   Link #7855
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

You know, I'm a bit curious as to why Takashi never asked for an explanation; I mean they're childhood friends...to toss haruto by the wayside is a bit much. I agree with Sinestra in that they've given Haruto free passes, but how could Haruto give them the bigger picture if they don't let him screen it? I don't disagree really with their course of action..just curious.

Chibi what dumb hot older classmate? Jog mah memory pl0x~
Old 2011-06-28, 17:08   Link #7856
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
You know, I'm a bit curious as to why Takashi never asked for an explanation; I mean they're childhood friends...to toss haruto by the wayside is a bit much. I agree with Sinestra in that they've given Haruto free passes, but how could Haruto give them the bigger picture if they don't let him screen it? I don't disagree really with their course of action..just curious.

The lawyer wanting be a manga artist coming out of a love hotel with Haruto.

BTW - are you basing Takashi off from 141 raw? We still have to wait for few more chapters to assess what the friends would actually do.
Old 2011-06-28, 17:10   Link #7857
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Can you really blame the friends though?

Outside of the incident involving the dumb hot older classmate (BRING HER BACK DAMN IT) were any of them really around during all his other retardedly selfish fuck ups (correct me if I'm wrong)?

Nothing really seemed wrong from their point of view.
Not really, Haruto kinda avoided getting them involved with any mess he got himself into, which I'd like to put out some of those times it was the friends that were witness to his mess ups(goes back to that coincidence thing Seo loves so much)

Haruto surprisingly doesn't lean on his friends in any way but then manga/anime never really takes up on that option, it's all gotta be on the MC shoulders to carry.
Old 2011-06-28, 20:12   Link #7858
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post

This retardedly hotter older classmate~

Old 2011-06-28, 22:18   Link #7859
Shadow5YA

Shiori was an older classmate? I thought she was his senior.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 22:24   Link #7860
Master Chibi

She was five chapter fodder, hell if I really cared what she was outside of fan service.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life