AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-08-07, 04:32   Link #3181
Ziren

So I just finished the 4th episode, took me a while by the way. Like, a LONG time.

Spoiler for Episode 4 Tips:
Ziren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 04:39   Link #3182
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziren View Post
Spoiler for Episode 4 Tips:
Spoiler for Tips:
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 08:56   Link #3183
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Something in the Q\A thread brought to light something that is worth being discussed

there's one interesting but overlooked fact about Shannon

Quote:
Six years ago, the maid's stepdaughter also gave off a servant-like vibe, but now, ......you're a full-fledged adult servant. How many years has it been?
This is what Battler said in episode1. This would hint that Shannon was adopted by a maid that worked in the Ushiromiya mansion at the time. That would kinda explain why Shannon was there at the age of 6. However, what happened to that woman? And how could Kanon feel so tied to Shannon if they supposedly parted ways when they were six? Does that mean that they were both adopted by that woman? But then why Kanon didn't live with them?

Anyway if this isn't the usual misunderstanding from Battler, and if Shannon indeed was adopted, then it is very very strange that apart from that quick mention nothing has ever been said about this "mother".

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 23:06   Link #3184
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Spoiler for possible episode 2 explanation:
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 09:09   Link #3185
Leinne
Who... am I?

A theory for Natsuhi's room in ep2 and George, Gohda and Shannon

Spoiler for Theory:
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 13:20   Link #3186
ghost_zero5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
This is what Battler said in episode1. This would hint that Shannon was adopted by a maid that worked in the Ushiromiya mansion at the time. That would kinda explain why Shannon was there at the age of 6.
Actually, it is even more strange because an adoption doesn't make a girl a stepdaughter - which is even more strange if we consider that Shannon is supposed to be an orphan. Only re-marriage does and therefore it also needs a divorce first or that one of them died - in this case the wife of a man with a child would have had to die or divorce. This would also give questions about who was that man and his "ex-wife".
Maybe Kanon is a real child of that "maid" that would mean that the actually would indirectly really be brother and sister and not just because of "emotions".
However, this also gives another question: If Shannon is "furniture" wouldn't that mean that her "dad" and/or "mother" would have to be furniture too and that case I wonder why they even married. After all we learnt it doesn't seem that "furniture" marries or even feels love as long as it is still considered "furniture".

One other "question" (not related to the previous quote):
From what we now know is that Kinzo was already dead and that only 17 persons were on the island. So in Ep4 the "title" Kinzo was passed onto another person that was Kinzo then BUT that would also mean that this person would either have to be one of the other 16 because otherwise there would again be more than 17 persons which however would mean that the main question would be who the "children" would recognize/admit as the new heir. Most likely would be Klaus or another one of Kinzo's childs but that would make a huge amount of information wrong. Especially that Klaus and Kinzo or one of the other three were in the same room together BUT of course, that wasn't watched directly by Battler, so...

Klaus would still be the most likely person as he also met with Kinzo above. If it wouldn't be him but another person, Battler would have been there at the time the others were there, so Klaus meeting one of them in Kinzo's study would be strange.
That the new heir is one of the grandchildren: That would be possible but it would be strange to test all four of them. One of them would have to pretend to be tested - not impossible but kinda strange.

Of course, there is also the possibility that this person is a completely different person from all others but that would mean that at least one more person would have to be that from the beginning - or that that person doesn't even exist and is e.g. played by another person (as e.g. the Kanon = Shannon theory is suggesting) - because otherwise we would again have reached 18 persons and not 17.
However, if that is the case it is likely that this other person was dead from the beginning which would mean that an unknown person X would exist and could be responsible for ALL the killings in all episodes. Of course, it could also mean that in 3 of the four episodes there were only 16 persons on the island.

Last edited by ghost_zero5; 2009-08-08 at 13:34.
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 14:15   Link #3187
rogerpepitone

"stepdaughter" doesn't necessarily require a remarriage if the parents were never married; if Rosa would marry anybody (other than Maria's biological father), he would become Maria's stepfather.

Has anybody checked the original Japanese for the "stepdaughter" text?

Last edited by rogerpepitone; 2009-08-08 at 15:58.
Old 2009-08-08, 15:49   Link #3188
gtr06
Golden Watch

Maybe Kinzo gave the title to Kanon, or all of the servents since they were present, and/or came in with him. Remember there were a bunch of people (suppose to be the Siesta sisters) in the room doing the killing.

Gohda and Kumasawa escaped. Maybe they were related and some of the other killers died and were among those killed. It would make sense if Genji was accidently killed there or with Jessica later on. Nanjo could have been in on it as well.

For episode 2, I'm assuming Maria is packing poison somewhere. She is the only one who could probably put liquid in food and not have anyone suspect her.
gtr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 18:08   Link #3189
Chris Rosenkreutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
"Has anybody checked the original Japanese for the "stepdaughter" text?
It's 連れ子, which according to the first online dictionary I checked means more like "child from a previous marriage" i.e. she's the maid's daughter and not her husband's, rather than the other way around like "stepdaughter".

Either way, I think Battler may not be being literal. It does say later in EP 1 that Shannon has no parents.
Chris Rosenkreutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 18:14   Link #3190
gtr06
Golden Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rosenkreutz View Post
It's 連れ子, which according to the first online dictionary I checked means more like "child from a previous marriage" i.e. she's the maid's daughter and not her husband's, rather than the other way around like "stepdaughter".

Either way, I think Battler may not be being literal. It does say later in EP 1 that Shannon has no parents.
Couldn't Kinzo mean by the fact that he "created" Shannon and Kanon might also mean that he slept or IVF with the woman in question and therefore, "created" them? He might have placed them in the orphanage, but I don't think the one winged tattoo is easy to earn.

Genji has served almost his whole life so he deserves it, his children and their children are blood related so they deserve it. I wouldn't think that Shannon and Kanon deserved it at such a young age just because they were "created" through a process of cloning or magic. They have to be blood related.
Old 2009-08-08, 18:35   Link #3191
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr06 View Post
Couldn't Kinzo mean by the fact that he "created" Shannon and Kanon might also mean that he slept or IVF with the woman in question and therefore, "created" them? He might have placed them in the orphanage, but I don't think the one winged tattoo is easy to earn.

Genji has served almost his whole life so he deserves it, his children and their children are blood related so they deserve it. I wouldn't think that Shannon and Kanon deserved it at such a young age just because they were "created" through a process of cloning or magic. They have to be blood related.
Kinzo has to be at least in his 80's by the time 1986 comes around. Unless he has some kind of super sperm I highly doubt he could impregnate someone at around 70.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 18:52   Link #3192
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Kinzo has to be at least in his 80's by the time 1986 comes around. Unless he has some kind of super sperm I highly doubt he could impregnate someone at around 70.
Super sperm?? You know it's Kinzo we are talking about. The almighty Goldsmith xDD
But well...maybe Rudolph had a little fun
Old 2009-08-08, 18:58   Link #3193
rogerpepitone

Men can remain fertile into old age. For example, Charlie Chaplin ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000122/bio ), born 1889, fathered his last child ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0152237/ ) in 1962, at the age of 73.
Old 2009-08-08, 19:02   Link #3194
gtr06
Golden Watch

I think maybe Rudolf the play boy or Krauss might have had some uNF.
Old 2009-08-08, 20:27   Link #3195
gtr06
Golden Watch

From Shamisen: http://rogerpepitone.webs.com/uminek...eko-notes.html

Asmodeus: When Eva is killed in ep. 1, Jessica, Maria, and Battler are still alive. When Jessica is killed in ep. 2, Maria, Rosa, and Battler are still alive. When Rudolf is killed in ep. 3, Eva, Jessica, and Battler are still alive.
This is the odd one. Elimination suggests Rudolf was the intended victim for this stake, though he is in no way close to Kanon.

Kanon/Shannon is the original Battler theory? Kanon can't remember his name...
Old 2009-08-09, 15:30   Link #3196
ghost_zero5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rosenkreutz View Post

Actually, that is why I said that this "stepdaugther" business is even more strange than already thought.
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 07:55   Link #3197
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Since is kinda dead hear I go with a theory!

Rudolph and Kyrie are the second Twilight in the third game. Maria and Rosa still belong to the first twilight. At least one persons death in the first twilight was fake and that person was either Kanon or Shannon. Now we can go in two directions
Both Kanon and Shannon's death was fake (would explain the latter scenes with reviving and that crap) and Kinzo counted as sacrifice
or
Kinzo counted and only one of them survived

Reasoning:
Till then the victims of the second twilight were always staked. Rosa and Maria weren't. There was a lot of mentioning on how close Rudolph and Kyrie are. It would explain the reviving of both Kanon or Shannon in the end. Till then the second twilight was always a pair of lovers, I wouldn't call Maria and Rosa lovers.
I also believe that
George and Jessica aren't the second twilight in the forth game
What do you guys think?
Old 2009-08-12, 08:32   Link #3198
gtr06
Golden Watch

Didn't think Genji would "kill them" especially with that much power. It was just to make them appear dead.
Old 2009-08-13, 07:22   Link #3199
Daskapital

i want to know how to run Unimeko in MAC OS X 10.5.8?
i downloaded a software called ONSlauncher, so i can run Unimeko in japanese.
Daskapital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 10:26   Link #3200
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskapital View Post
i want to know how to run Unimeko in MAC OS X 10.5.8?
i downloaded a software called ONSlauncher, so i can run Unimeko in japanese.
This kind of question should be posted in this thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=65140

For your question, did you follow the directions from the following link already?
http://witch-hunt.com/stage.html

I've never installed on a Mac but it says you don't have to worry about setting your computer to work with Japanese.
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote