AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-31, 18:42   Link #501
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by icatero View Post
Over the course of watching the series, I've formed a ton of questions, lol.

1. I know for a fact that during freshmen year, Nodoka and Yui were in a class together, while Mio and Ritsu were in their own class too. Was Mugi in Mio's class because she participated in the haunted house? I don't think they ever mentioned it anywhere else.

2. Prior to Ep 1, did Mio have any experience with bass? Besides Mio, I think when and how everyone learned to play their instruments was mentioned.

3. If Mio's only been playing bass, how does she know so much about guitar? I don't think bass uses guitar chords, and she seemed to know them pretty well. She even had a guitar chord handbook.

4. Is it implied that Yui's parents come back and leave again off-screen? I know they travel a lot and even made a small cameo in the anime, but were they supposed to be gone for 2+ years?

5. Is the previous light music club (from the year before theirs, not Sawako's) ever mentioned? Why was Ritsu's club the first generation to find Death Devil's old things, including the SG guitar? Shouldn't the previous clubs after Sawako's have found them first?

Sorry for all the questions.. thanks in advance. xD
1. Not really sure, but that's what I thought too.
2. Yes she does. After all, She and Ritsu started playing their instrument since middle school, IIRC. Mugi had experience with Piano (and probably Keyboard too) since she was 4, and Azusa has been playing guitar around that age too, IIRC. All of this information was implied in the 1st season of the anime.

For the exact years of their experience, I've to look up their profile card. (Or someone might explain about this later)

4. Well, I believe they sometimes went home, and the anime didn't show every day of their life, did it? I believe they also didn't show their parents on purpose.

As for number 3 and 5, maybe other members could explain.~
Old 2011-03-31, 19:16   Link #502
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
2. Yes she does. After all, She and Ritsu started playing their instrument since middle school, IIRC. Mugi had experience with Piano (and probably Keyboard too) since she was 4, and Azusa has been playing guitar around that age too, IIRC. All of this information was implied in the 1st season of the anime.
Indeed, Mio and Ritsu started playing their instruments at around junior high school- the profile cards state they both have about 3 years of experience with their respective instruments. Mugi only picked up the keyboard when she joined the club (but of course, she is a piano prodigy...), and Azusa's card states: "Started playing in fourth grade of elementary school. About 5 years experience."

3. Not sure about this one, it was never really explained... But it seems that Mio has always been knowledgeable with the technical side of playing a guitar, ever since Ritsu influenced Mio's interest in music ("Jazz. Moody instrumental music").
Old 2011-03-31, 19:21   Link #503
Misago

3. the 4 bass strings are the same as the lowest 4 guitar strings (but an octave lower), so a lot of the same skills are easily transferable - most bassists can play at least simple guitar chords, it's easy once you've got the basic techniques down thru learning the bass. all you need is a book to show you where the fingers go!
Old 2011-03-31, 19:30   Link #504
icatero
well, okay

@blaze0041, Ryonea, and Misago

Ah, I see. Thanks. xD

One more question: in the character cards, Ritsu and Mio were stated to have been friends since kindergarten, but the flashback showing the beginning of their friendship was said to have taken place in 4th grade. Is this a mistake on the translator's part or were they already friends before the essay incident?
Old 2011-03-31, 19:54   Link #505
Goggen

Quote:
5. Is the previous light music club (from the year before theirs, not Sawako's) ever mentioned? Why was Ritsu's club the first generation to find Death Devil's old things, including the SG guitar? Shouldn't the previous clubs after Sawako's have found them first?
How do you know they didn't? Previous clubs could have found it and simply failed to recognize Sawako. Or, it could have happened before Sawako was employed at the school (which given her young age was probably fairly recently).
Quote:
One more question: in the character cards, Ritsu and Mio were stated to have been friends since kindergarten, but the flashback showing the beginning of their friendship was said to have taken place in 4th grade. Is this a mistake on the translator's part or were they already friends before the essay incident?
My guess is, the "character cards" you're talking about were based on the episode where Ritsu says that she and Mio had met in kindergarten and then she becomes unsure ("Wait, was it elementary school?"). Now having seen the actual origin of their friendship in season 2 we can assume she simply misspoke.
Old 2011-04-01, 07:16   Link #506
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
4. Well, I believe they sometimes went home, and the anime didn't show every day of their life, did it? I believe they also didn't show their parents on purpose.
The weird part is that in the manga...
Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-06, 20:20   Link #507
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Are the Japanese DVDs/Blu-Rays subbed?
Old 2011-04-06, 20:27   Link #508
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Do you mean in terms of in Japanese for the deaf or in other languages?
Old 2011-04-07, 07:34   Link #509
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Are the Japanese DVDs/Blu-Rays subbed?
The DVDs are not. The Blu-Ray's are subbed in Japanese. If you want English subs, you'll have to wait for the either the US, Australian or UK versions.
Old 2011-04-07, 08:54   Link #510
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Kind of a shame since the Blu-ray region code unifies the Japan and North American zones.... one subtitle file later and they could sell directly to collectors in the US and Canada.
Old 2011-04-07, 09:01   Link #511
Goggen

Actually, the Japanese K-On!(!) BD's are all region free, so they could have been selling them to collectors worldwide...
Old 2011-04-08, 11:07   Link #512
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

There'll probably be a complete collection of K-ON (complete with English subs...)
Old 2011-04-08, 11:10   Link #513
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
There'll probably be a complete collection of K-ON (complete with English subs...)
In Japan? Don't count on it.
Old 2011-04-08, 13:57   Link #514
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
In Japan? Don't count on it.
They did it for Lucky Star's Blu-ray Collection, though the price on it was quite high , so wouldn't be the first time.
MAL
Old 2011-04-08, 13:58   Link #515
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
They did it for Lucky Star's Blu-ray Collection, though the price on it was quite high , so wouldn't be the first time.
lol if you try buying the CLANNAD blu-ray complete collection, expect the bank savings to be empty...
Old 2011-04-08, 14:12   Link #516
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

40 episodes of K-On is a bunch to be sure. Clannad is about 50 and Lucky Star was just 26. (One wonders what will be their longest series...K-On?, Haruhi? or Clannad?. Clannad is over. Haruhi is only at 28 episodes with more material on the way, and K-On has more potental material coming out now...so even one short season of K-On will tople Clannad's lead).
Old 2011-04-08, 14:54   Link #517
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
40 episodes of K-On is a bunch to be sure. Clannad is about 50 and Lucky Star was just 26. (One wonders what will be their longest series...K-On?, Haruhi? or Clannad?. Clannad is over. Haruhi is only at 28 episodes with more material on the way, and K-On has more potental material coming out now...so even one short season of K-On will tople Clannad's lead).
K-On might beat Clannad in episodes but Clannad's fan base is so much higher. Popularity wise I doubt K-On will ever beat Clannad. lol The more I think about it, the more I start to doubt myself.
As for Haruhi I dont really cares who wins at that. They are both awesome shows, although I am more of a Haruhi fan personally. I just wish they would come out with something else already.
Old 2011-04-08, 15:14   Link #518
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
But unlike Lucky Star, K-On has already been released on Blu-Ray (and they're selling like hot cakes, too). Don't expect them to author new BD's just to include English subs, it's just not gonna happen. (Well, maybe if they do a K-On revival in ten years or something - but not anytime soon.)
Old 2011-04-28, 15:04   Link #519
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Silly question incoming, second season exclusive.

As far as I recall, there were at least two hillarious instances in the series, where Ritsu had a...well, let's call it a puppy eyes empty stare. I think she did it once when the gang asked for an air conditioner for their club room...nontheless, I can't seem to remember in which episode it was. Does anyone here remember? I will track it down eventually, but searching for a seconds-long scene in a 26-episode anime is a little overkill.

Thanks in advance!
Old 2011-04-28, 18:08   Link #520
icatero
well, okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Silly question incoming, second season exclusive.

As far as I recall, there were at least two hillarious instances in the series, where Ritsu had a...well, let's call it a puppy eyes empty stare. I think she did it once when the gang asked for an air conditioner for their club room...nontheless, I can't seem to remember in which episode it was. Does anyone here remember? I will track it down eventually, but searching for a seconds-long scene in a 26-episode anime is a little overkill.

Thanks in advance!
Is this what you're talking about?
Spoiler for not exactly blank, but..:

Ep 11, 15:15.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a