AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-02-26, 11:40   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
IMO, the only fights that have for certain been locked in are:
  • Franky vs Sasaki
  • Nami vs Ulti
  • Ussop vs Page One
  • Robin vs Black Maria

I'm not even sure if Jinbe is the one who's ultimately supposed to fight Who's Who. Or if Yamato's going to fight anyone. Or when Chopper's going to get some action. Or if Robin is going to solo Black Maria and free Brook up for his own fight.
Uh, you're not counting the main event bout of Luffy and Zoro vs. the Kaidou/Big Mom combo? Or is that because they're fighting alongside 3 other supernovas?

Anyway, I found that bit about Sanji's haki interesting, too. On the other hand, his haki may actually become stronger if he's protecting a woman, and if that's really Hiyori in that room with the Scabbards, well..... I think it's safe to say that Jack will have some hell to pay.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 15:52   Link #22
Hoodspirit

Jinbei confirmed that Oda knew very well what he was doing with Sanji shouting out Robin's location to CP0. Probably why Brook is there too. Either to help protecting Robin, or to tell the tale after she has been kidnapped.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 16:45   Link #23
marvelB

^True, CP0 very well could take advantage of the situation and attempt to snatch away Robin under cover of the chaos. I kinda doubt they'd succeed, though. I mean, Big Mom and Kaidou have the same intent, and Luffy's dealing with them right now. No way would he or the rest of the crew stand idly by and let her be taken. And should the crew be too exhausted to face CP0 by the time the agents make their move, an ally could always take the reigns and save Robin in their place (be it Yamato, Marco, maybe a BM Pirate who Perospero smuggled in, etc.). Point is, I see this theoretical situation turning out similarly to when Burgess tried to swipe Luffy's power at Dressrosa, heh.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 17:23   Link #24
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sanji being willing to call Robin for help despite knowing a trap has been prepared for her shows how much he trusts her, and I'm really glad Robin understood that. They have a great bond. Nami also immediately understood that Sanji's opponent was a woman.
Yeah, he's getting a lot of flack for it, but it does show some growth on his part, since Sanji is lowkey pretty private about his affairs and doesn't really ask for help much. We get a Robin fight out of it, so I'm really happy for that too. It's been so long

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^True, CP0 very well could take advantage of the situation and attempt to snatch away Robin under cover of the chaos. I kinda doubt they'd succeed, though. I mean, Big Mom and Kaidou have the same intent, and Luffy's dealing with them right now. No way would he or the rest of the crew stand idly by and let her be taken. And should the crew be too exhausted to face CP0 by the time the agents make their move, an ally could always take the reigns and save Robin in their place (be it Yamato, Marco, maybe a BM Pirate who Perospero smuggled in, etc.). Point is, I see this theoretical situation turning out similarly to when Burgess tried to swipe Luffy's power at Dressrosa, heh.
As long as Law is active, kidnapping Robin will be very difficult.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 17:29   Link #25
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh, you're not counting the main event bout of Luffy and Zoro vs. the Kaidou/Big Mom combo? Or is that because they're fighting alongside 3 other supernovas?
Fair enough. I forgot to list that. I also think that's fairly locked in.

It would just be weird if Zoro/Killer after clashing with Kaido suddenly gets demoted to fighting King. But you never know how things will be mixed up.

I'm personally hoping for a Sanji vs King fight considering how similar they are: clad in black (even though Sanji's wearing red for the raid), can fly around, and are on fire.

But its all still unclear. I don't know who are supposed to take out the calamities and whether or not it will be through solo fights.
Old 2021-02-26, 17:32   Link #26
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post

I'm not even sure if Jinbe is the one who's ultimately supposed to fight Who's Who. Or if Yamato's going to fight anyone. Or when Chopper's going to get some action. Or if Robin is going to solo Black Maria and free Brook up for his own fight.
A switch where Sanji fights Who’s Who and Jinbe faces Jack wouldn’t surprise me.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 00:45   Link #27
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 1005
I figured by now Jimbi would have dealt with who's who. This is the Jimbi who forced Big Mama off the sunny single handily. Has for Sanji i guess the man has his code most people don't. At least the whole crew knows there are spies. Ussop and Monosuke both spotted and took care of theirs. This means the enemy is blind or will no longer be able to trust what they see anymore.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 08:04   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
A switch where Sanji fights Who’s Who and Jinbe faces Jack wouldn’t surprise me.
They're on different floors. Not to mention, Who's who has been hinted to have some kind of connection to Jinbe.
Old 2021-02-27, 10:41   Link #29
tsunade666

Hm... Hmm... Nice chapter but that end and the weapon that spider? Lady used remind me of my weapon in dark souls 3. Used to bash it against enemy.
Old 2021-02-27, 13:36   Link #30
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Highlight of the chapter for me was Robin’s bright smile and thanking Sanji, I’m just hoping that she doesn’t go through what Luffy and Sanji went through with the second wave of flashbacks and another rescue arc in the latter’s case because the vinsmoke thing left me shocked.
Old 2021-02-28, 21:32   Link #31
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Chapters like this one fuel the whole "Oda hates Sanji" notions...

As for me, I do find it disappointed that Sanji's big opponent ends up being someone who is already pretty injured, though I guess Sanji is too.
Pretty sure his opponent will still be Queen, given Queen’s implied connection to Judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 1005
I figured by now Jimbi would have dealt with who's who. This is the Jimbi who forced Big Mama off the sunny single handily.
You’re forgetting that Big Mom was in a starved, weakened state at that point.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2021-02-28 at 23:24. Reason: Please use the [edit] button to add content to your post instead of double-posting.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 14:14   Link #32
grecefar

I don't see sanji looking bad in this chapter, he can't fight women, we all know that and nami said so too. It doesn't matter what everybody think or say and what's important is that he made robin happy, that he relied on her since it never happened before.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-04, 16:42   Link #33
necrolyte

I was somewhat dissapointed at first when Sanji yelled for help but when Robin gave him this smile I forgot all about it, really good page!
Also seing Brook fighting someone strong again is really refreshing, I really like his character and I want to see him fight almost as much as I want to see Robin fight again against stronger oponent.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote