AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-09, 16:08   Link #1
ryno2410

Kishimoto and Anime

Can someone prove to me that Kishimoto is not involved in the decisions of the anime?
ryno2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 16:36   Link #2
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno2410
Can someone prove to me that Kishimoto is not involved in the decisions of the anime?
If you look here http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclop...me.php?id=1825 you will see that his name is nowhere on the list of staff except under "Original Manga". if he had any other power in the making of the show his name would be listed.
Alfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 20:36   Link #3
Shining Celebi
a

Because ANN is a completely reliable source, and doesn't rely on fan submissions that they don't even bother to check half the time.

Of course.

I do think Kishimoto is involved to SOME extent...say, like the writer of Harry Potter is with the movies. I don't think she's even credited, but she still works on them.

And of course, proving negatives is impossible. ;p
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 20:43   Link #4
UserName

I don't think he's involved with the anime. Probably at most the anime team needs to get permission for maybe certain alterations and additions and such. Or maybe not even that. But I seriously doubt he plays a big part in the anime.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 22:15   Link #5
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Of course he has power over the anime! Prolly not much but I bet If the anime team said "Hey I konw, lets make It so that Garaa beats Naruto and have Sasuke come to the rescue instead" Kishimoto* would say "Hellll No!". And that would be that.

If there Is anyone on this forum who thinks he has nothing to do with the anime at all Is just plain stupid! Its as simple as that. Nuff said, close thread!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 22:25   Link #6
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Of course he has power over the anime! Prolly not much but I bet If the anime team said "Hey I konw, lets make It so that Garaa beats Naruto and have Sasuke come to the rescue instead" Kishimoto* would say "Hellll No!". And that would be that.

If there Is anyone on this forum who thinks he has nothing to do with the anime at all Is just plain stupid! Its as simple as that. Nuff said, close thread!
I’m sure they take advice from him and talk to him here or there but he wouldn’t have the final word on anything and if they did say something like “lets make It so that Garaa beats Naruto and have Sasuke come to the rescue instead” there isn’t much he could do about it.
Alfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 22:41   Link #7
strategos

the author has control of the anime

I read once how many anime were made, and they explain that in other for the anime to get release the creator or author of the series must put what we call a seal or sign and approve its release if not the anime wont be release. He isnt part of the staff, but the staff it self presents the idea to the author and the author must think about it and approves it or not. U guys should see more videos about anime making and the interview of the creator and staffs. If the author doesnt approve the idea it wont go. There is a anime series, that satires this point, IN a way that the staff of the anime kidnapped, frame, cheated and many other stuff to et the appovel of the anime. ANd the name is Excel Saga.
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 05:41   Link #8
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos
I read once how many anime were made, and they explain that in other for the anime to get release the creator or author of the series must put what we call a seal or sign and approve its release if not the anime wont be release. He isnt part of the staff, but the staff it self presents the idea to the author and the author must think about it and approves it or not. U guys should see more videos about anime making and the interview of the creator and staffs. If the author doesnt approve the idea it wont go. There is a anime series, that satires this point, IN a way that the staff of the anime kidnapped, frame, cheated and many other stuff to et the appovel of the anime. ANd the name is Excel Saga.
yes thats the case on the intial deal but over the course of a tv series things change. The very studio who does naruto said they have cases where the manga writer didnt like the way the animation portrayed their charachters, and mentioned thier best hope is for the manga ka to see the anime and be like i wish i thought of that. So being that the studio has said this is their standard way of operating, i m pretty sure kishimoto is not needed for any descion. However it seems the creators have decided to follow the manga closely, so they probably want to avoid doing things he wont agree with too much, or something that will directly contradict a future arc. As an artist myself i can tell you kishimoto really doesnt have the time to watch and comment on every episode of Naruto, preducing 16-18 pages a week is no small task for any artist. i can tell you the average american comic book artist spends 6-16 hours on a page. and they only have to do about 6 a week.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 05:57   Link #9
Tautou

No, not much. Like with Inu Yasha, they spoke to the creator of the manga for a bit, like about colors of the cloths and stuff, then stopped. Kishimoto has nothing to do with the anime, seriously, he's busy enough trying to write his own manga. At some point, he may have given the anime some info, but he just has to trust them to do whatever.

It was the same with Kenshin, and it's probably the same with almost every other anime. If not, then the respective manga series was probably already finished, and thus the mangaka or whatever had more time to give their input.
Tautou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 06:10   Link #10
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

Kishimito seemed involved with the naruto movie, or at least they whored him up front in that special preview thing :P
7hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 06:22   Link #11
Tautou

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Well, there is something called copyright, which guarantees the originator of a work to have the final say about it.
So what's the question? Does Kishimoto have some power over the anime, or does he actually make a good number of the decisions?

If it's the latter, then the answer is probably no. Like someone said, it's not like he's part of the staff or something. It's the job of the people who do the anime to think of the filler, how to give it motion, etc., plus the anime has changed quite a bit of things. It's done according to their judgement.
Tautou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 06:50   Link #12
Yoska
フランキー

Can you prove he is involved. In generally comic artists aren't really able influence on adaptations of their works. Artists can say there opinions and suggestions, it's up to studios if they want to listen. Why would Naruto be special in this case and does it even matter if he's involved? If you would know all the fillers thus far are made by Kishimoto you would enjoy them more? Then you are a hypocrite.

Edit: For example BONES altered FMA a lot even though Arakawa didn't like the alterations BONES made.

Sugetsu: OK I was totally wrong so edited it out. Sorry, maybe I mixed it to some other series. By the way, the interview is great. Thanks.

Last edited by Yoska; 2004-09-11 at 15:32.
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 01:53   Link #13
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

[QUOTE=Yoska]
Edit2: Miura didn't like the anime adaptation of Berserk. Thats why there won't be any more Berserk anime. QUOTE]

This statement is a 100% wrong... Miura directed the animation of berserk himself and he was so picky and stuff that he even considered that the animators were getting angry at him... Here is the proof... please read if you wan't to find out:

Interview with Kentaro Miura the creator of Berserk

"Berserk is my very first comic book and anime. So I was very excited, and I wanted to make something good. I could've just let the studio staff do the work, but I gave some advice on the outlines of the character designs. But my main concern was the scripts. They'd send me the scripts and I'd revise them and make changes. I checked all scripts, and made a lot of changes and requests on all of them. I bet the writers hated me. "

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2004-09-11 at 02:04.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 04:43   Link #14
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Send a message via AIM to NeoKakashi
Just look at Dragonball, guys. It's so altered from the original story it's not even funny. Those bastards at Toei, making shit up >_< eer
NeoKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 05:14   Link #15
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Well, they may not be able to influence the way, the adaption is heading, but they still have the right to allow or disallow the use of their works...

...so if Arakawa really didn't like the different version, he just could have stopped the anime.
In generally the anime crew shouldn't really offend the original artist.
you mistake copyright, once you give someone the right to publish your work, they can publish it for the agreed amount of time. They buy the rights to publish X amount of episodes. The animators usually try to stick to manga, but in long running series eventually they go thier own way. this is why many stories have multiple versions, anime, manga, movie 2nd tv series etc. If the animator doesnt like what studio is doing he cant pull it till the terms of the agreement are up.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote