Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-25, 18:12   Link #2321
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
He's not really gonna win with a bunch of zombies. They had the element of surprise, but if not for Schinizel making his move as well they'd be wiped out rather quickly. They served their purpose in getting him to Charles but they'd be useless long term. Besides this plan will probably fail too. You don't get rewarded for evil acts as Lelouch has been shown over and over again.
He's going to become Emperor. I'd say that's a pretty big reward. Your logic works rather well for Suzaku, though. He finally decided to forgo the right methods and he got dropped in a pit by a spare missile after getting his ass handed to him by Bismarck.
Old 2008-08-25, 18:24   Link #2322
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
He's going to become Emperor. I'd say that's a pretty big reward.
Err... Sword of Damocles. The Crown is heavy. The throne is uncomfortable to sit at. Duty is heavier than a mountain... and all that shit. Becoming a monarch has it benefits, sure, but usually becoming a ruler/monach is suppsoed to be more of a heavy duty or the like than a reward...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 18:27   Link #2323
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Err... Sword of Damocles. The Crown is heavy. The throne is uncomfortable to sit at. Duty is heavier than a mountain... and all that shit. Becoming a monarch has it benefits, sure, but usually becoming a ruler/monach is suppsoed to be more of a heavy duty or the like than a reward...
That's part of the job, but it's still a reward in the general sense. He defeats his father, presumably, and gets his title. That it carries responsibility is a given.
Old 2008-08-26, 05:04   Link #2324
kaefer_zwei
Devicer

how come marianne doesnt mention about nunally?... haha... poor girl... may be she really wasnt lelouch sister.. possibly just a pawn to slow lelouch down...

when marianne appeared her priorities where all centered at lelouch.... she didnt even bother about nunally..T_T

Last edited by kaefer_zwei; 2008-08-26 at 05:22.
kaefer_zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 05:28   Link #2325
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaefer_zwei View Post
how come marianne doesnt mention about nunally?... haha... poor girl... may be she really wasnt lelouch sister.. possibly just a pawn to slow lelouch down...

when marianne appeared her priorities where all centered at lelouch.... she didnt even bother about nunally..T_T
Actually her prioriety was actually checking that C.C. was still there ally. Her childrens welfare was not her immediate concern.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 05:34   Link #2326
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaefer_zwei View Post

She already knows that Nunally is dead. What should she say to C.C.?
She doesn't need talk about it with C.C., only with Lelouch. And right now she is heading to him.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:00   Link #2327
kaefer_zwei
Devicer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Actually her prioriety was actually checking that C.C. was still there ally. Her childrens welfare was not her immediate concern.
gawd... where is the luv yoh... wer is the mothers luv... how could she not even mourn for her death... that so wrong of her...
kaefer_zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:06   Link #2328
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Duty is heavier than a mountain...
Sounds like something Rand would say. (death is lighter than a feather...)

I'm still not convinced that Lelouch will be Emperor of Britannia, although being Emperor of Japan seems just as unlikely. There are various arguments for and against both.

But it would be quite ironic for him to be Emperor of Britannia after trying so hard to wipe Britannia off the map.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:11   Link #2329
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Sounds like something Rand would say. (death lighter than a feather...)
That's where I got it from

Quote:
I'm still not convinced that Lelouch will be Emperor of Britannia, although being Emperor of Japan seems just as unlikely. There are various arguments for and against both.

But it would be quite ironic for him to be Emperor of Britannia after trying so hard to wipe Britannia off the map.
Well, it'd be one of those twists Code Geass seems to enjoy pulling off. It's the same for most major characters, somehow. It's like with Suzaku's ideals suddenly doing a complete turnaround and turning into those of Lelouchs, Kallen hating Britannians but ironically ending up caring immensly for a Britannian prince and C.C.'s goal being duýing but it apparently changing to living instead..
Old 2008-08-26, 07:06   Link #2330
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
It's not like he wanted to bring the general populace to ruin. It's was more Britannian society he didn't like. I'm not sure just how absolute a monarch the emperor of Britannia is legally, but I'm sure Lelouch would be able to impose his will (to change it from the inside, heh).

For example, he could free all countries not deeply tied into the homeland (eg Japan and more recently conquered countries), forge a genuine peace treaty with the other power blocks and slowly start a transition to democracy in Britannia itself - after all, Britain in the real world slowly transitioned from a monarchy to a democracy.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 07:10   Link #2331
Var
Banned

There's something I find strange here, assuming Charles declares Lelouch the rightful heir to the throne of Britannia, wouldn't Schneizel's entire coup fall to pieces? Its based on the pretense that Charles is unfit to rule, but with Charles appointing a new emperor that justification disappears. The majority of the Britannian military, or more notably the KoR and their divisions, would fall under Lelouch's reign, not Schneizel's. Bismark, Nonette, Monica, Gino, all would be rightfully under the rule of Lelouch. I do not see Bismark or Monica defecting to Schneizel as they seem to be unquestionably loyal. Gino is another matter as I can see him defect either because Schneizel convinces him, which he may do, or for Suzaku's sake.

So, really, how would Lelouch gain power and Schneizel keep power. A coup is hardly something that would go over well when its justification went out the window.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 07:14   Link #2332
Stretch5920

Schneizel can tell the world Lelouch was Zero.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 07:18   Link #2333
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Schneizel can tell the world Lelouch was Zero.
Does not change anything, unless he also goes to reveal Geass in some believable manner. We've been shown that it is not uncommon for their to be royal strife within the Empire and that, in many ways, this is how the successor is decided. Lelouch being Zero and challenging his father for the throne is the epitome of Britannian succession.
Old 2008-08-26, 07:18   Link #2334
Hellbore

I don't really see Gino defecting to Schneizel, especially after his performance this episode. However he might "defect". By that I mean that he will work for Schneizel to keep an eye on Suzaku, with his own, secret, agenda.

Then again he might forswear any kind of bond to Suzaku for his betrayal of the Emperor.

So really, I have no idea.

Now, assuming Lelouch is named Emperor by Charles, i think at least Bismark, Monica and "Anya" supporting Lelouch. They seem to be loyal to the idea of the Emperor rather than the Emperor himself.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 07:22   Link #2335
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbore View Post
I don't really see Gino defecting, especially after his performance this episode. However he might "defect". By that I mean that he will work for Schneizel to keep an eye on Suzaku, with his own, secret, agenda.

Then again he might forswear any kind of bond to Suzaku for his betrayal of the Emperor.

So really, I have no idea.
His character would have no point then, if he just ditched his bond with Suzaku.

But as for defecting, Schneizel's point is valid and Gino did not question the reason, he was simply unhappy with the sudden take over and disregard for Britannian law. If Schneizel's reasons hold true, Gino would have to follow the man who would better lead Britannia and in this case it would be Schneizel.
Old 2008-08-27, 03:08   Link #2336
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
His character would have no point then, if he just ditched his bond with Suzaku.

But as for defecting, Schneizel's point is valid and Gino did not question the reason, he was simply unhappy with the sudden take over and disregard for Britannian law. If Schneizel's reasons hold true, Gino would have to follow the man who would better lead Britannia and in this case it would be Schneizel.
Schneizel: "Do you know the other meaning of authority"

That quote is really foreboding
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 10:15   Link #2337
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbore View Post
Now, assuming Lelouch is named Emperor by Charles, i think at least Bismark, Monica and "Anya" supporting Lelouch. They seem to be loyal to the idea of the Emperor rather than the Emperor himself.
Well the problem is that they are cut off from the real world so even if Charles gives Lelouch his blessing there's no one there to verify it.

I mean Lelouch could just walk out of the ruins and declare it but I don't think he's going to be dragging Charles' dead body with him unless Charles gives him something (like an emblem).
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 13:53   Link #2338
sparkle_14310
Black King x Red Queen

With the new developments I hope Lelouch and Suzaku make up and team up in order to totally defeat the emperor and destroy geass for good so I can never to used to for evil again.
sparkle_14310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 14:05   Link #2339
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well the problem is that they are cut off from the real world so even if Charles gives Lelouch his blessing there's no one there to verify it.

I mean Lelouch could just walk out of the ruins and declare it but I don't think he's going to be dragging Charles' dead body with him unless Charles gives him something (like an emblem).
Charles can also do a broadcast to the whole world announcing Lelouch Emperor just before dying.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 14:06   Link #2340
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Charles can also do a broadcast to the whole world announcing Lelouch Emperor just before dying.
I'd like to see that. It'd make for quite a few WTF faces...